• 2 Post By Tuck and Ag's Mom
  • 2 Post By HeidiHoog
  • 1 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 1 Post By Suri
  • 1 Post By Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Thread: Lolliís vet appt under COVID-19 policies

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Default Lolliís vet appt under COVID-19 policies

Unfortunately Lolli has an infected anal gland so I was able to get her in today for an appt. They ask you in advance to write a note with the symptoms, concerns, additional requests and place it in a plastic see through bag in the back with your pet. They then have you park and stay in your car and they come and get your pet out of the back seat, they had 2 techs staged outside in full coverage, face shield (looked home made), mask, paper gown and gloves. You can either wait in your car or go go home and they will call you and come back. Then once the vet did the exam he called me and told me what he found, what the plan was and asked if any other concerns. They also gave her her first antibiotic and placed the rest in a sealed bag that I don’t need to open until tomorrow to give her next dose. Then you can either do Apple Pay or they send you an invoice that you complete and submit. I thought it really was a very seamless effective way for all of us to stay safe.

Just noticed I posted in wrong thread - feel free to move.
    Last edited by Tuck and Ag's Mom; 03-31-2020 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread -oops
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I'm so glad the appointment went smoothly! I hope she starts feeling much better soon!!!!

I'm glad they are taking precautions to protect themselves and their clients. And I am glad they were able to still get her in to be seen. But, we are weeks into this now and it is still so surreal and crazy that this is how the world is today.

Wonka and Beanie had appointments scheduled for Thursday and Beanie had a dental scheduled for next Wednesday. Last week I talked to the vet office and everything was still a "go" - following similar procedures that you mentioned above. Then everything changed again. Yesterday our Governor declared that all "Non-essential" vet visits must stop... only allowed to do appointments that are medically urgent for an animal that is sick or in pain, or euthanasia. Vet's office called me to say they'd have to cancel and re-schedule Beanie for JUNE!! Wowza. And then for Wonka, they asked how he is doing right now and we discussed if his appointment is medically necessary at the moment. We decided he's doing pretty good right now and cancelled his appointment as well. Sigh.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    I'm so glad the appointment went smoothly! I hope she starts feeling much better soon!!!!

I'm glad they are taking precautions to protect themselves and their clients. And I am glad they were able to still get her in to be seen. But, we are weeks into this now and it is still so surreal and crazy that this is how the world is today.

Wonka and Beanie had appointments scheduled for Thursday and Beanie had a dental scheduled for next Wednesday. Last week I talked to the vet office and everything was still a "go" - following similar procedures that you mentioned above. Then everything changed again. Yesterday our Governor declared that all "Non-essential" vet visits must stop... only allowed to do appointments that are medically urgent for an animal that is sick or in pain, or euthanasia. Vet's office called me to say they'd have to cancel and re-schedule Beanie for JUNE!! Wowza. And then for Wonka, they asked how he is doing right now and we discussed if his appointment is medically necessary at the moment. We decided he's doing pretty good right now and cancelled his appointment as well. Sigh.
    Yeah they initially gave me push back about this being medically necessary but they looked at her chart and saw that she has had problems with this in the past so they booked the appt and the vet did tell me that it was good I brought her in since it’s pretty inflamed. It’s very scary right now for both humans and furkids both on getting them the help they need. We had 7 new cases in our town today, and two deaths in the last two days in a nursing home which is deemed a “hot spot” right now in our town. I appreciate the need for us to shelter in place right now and am doing my part but I can’t handle my pets being in pain and the thought of not being able to get them help. I am so glad Wonka is doing well right now, I’m sure they are both loving having their humans at home more loving on them.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

HeidiHoog is online now Village Admiral

I'm glad all went well with the appointment. Hope Lolli is feeling better very soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Crazy . I think I call tomorrow and see if I can get more Brevecto . We are having ticks all over the place already .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tuck and Ag's Mom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonBrunoPugMom View Post
    Crazy . I think I call tomorrow and see if I can get more Brevecto . We are having ticks all over the place already .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yuck. Ticks freak me out. Myself and my daughter both contracted Lyme disease when we lived in MD so I don’t mess around with them.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

Glad she got in and got some meds, we still have folks acting like everything is fine. frustrating
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Suri View Post
    Glad she got in and got some meds, we still have folks acting like everything is fine. frustrating
    We do too, it just blows my mind.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I'm glad Lolli could be seen and you got meds for her.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

+ Reply to Thread