Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By Hettyturnbull
  • 2 Post By Rugbysmom
  • 2 Post By Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Thread: 1 pug becomes 2!

Hettyturnbull is offline New to the Village

Red face 1 pug becomes 2!

Hi guys!

I'm new and i'm looking for some advice.

We currently have a 2 year old black pug, he does not have a dominant personality, he gets on well with other dogs (he is very playful though) and he gets on very well with the cats we currently have at home. Next week we are getting a 10 week old fawn female puppy, we are very excited but also nervous about whether they'll get on.

Has anyone dealt with a similar experience or has any advice to offer in general?

we'd appreciate any replies, thanks guys! :black pug:

*We had has the deposit for her put down before Covid-19, we have sorted out contactless pick up and she will be full vaccination by the time we get her*
    Last edited by Hettyturnbull; 04-17-2020 at 12:07 PM.

freak is offline Village Royalty

awesome! congrats

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

Congratulations! How very exciting! Hope all goes well!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Hi & So glad you've found us! This is a great site full of caring, knowledgeable people who are always ready & willing to help any way they can! I think your babies are going to get along just fine! Give them time to get used to each other & sort out how they are going to be together, but I'm thinking they're going to be fine! About her vaccinations, though--around here puppies need a few series of shots & the last puppy shots don't seem to be done until the puppy is about 16 weeks old, so you might want to check into that, and I would keep her away from all other dogs & places where other dogs have been until you get a go-ahead from your own vet. We LOVE pictures, & if you need any help figuring out how to put them on here, let us know & I know somebody can help. You have to have them stored someplace like Shutterfly first, or a lot of people are posting beautiful pictures using Tapatalk these days......
    SiennasMommy and LilyFayre like this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is online now Village Ya-Ya

Hello and to PugVillage. Glad you have joined us. How exciting to be adding another Puggie to your family. Pug puppies are a little "crazy" so be sure your older Pug has a safe place to go to escape the new baby. Puppies demand a lot of attention so do have some one-on-one time with your boy so he won't feel left out. You are in for a ride but a fun one. Most likely as the female gets older she will be dominant but sounds like your Puggie boy is pretty laid back and really won't mind. Looking forward to pix.
    Rugbysmom and SiennasMommy like this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Welcome to the Village! What is your pug's name?

We had Sienna for 4-5 years and then got Rosie. It all depends on the personality of the pugs. My two are indifferent to each other. But both of my girls were gotten at an older age and not puppies.

Some great advise above!
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Welcome to PugVillage!
    I hope they get along wonderfully.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

I have not had a puppy before usually rescue 2-3 year olds, they have all bonded seems like Pugs enjoy a friend! Hercules and Cecil are still figuring it out Cecil is 10 Herc is 6 so there is a spastic teenager in the house!

Good luck!

To post pictures I save them to shutterfly, double click to blow it up, right click and copy image address, in the line above from the right there is a frame third image click it paste address save and PICTURE! Second from the right is a video same process
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

+ Reply to Thread