Come and get him...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Come and get him...

BabsandLoon is offline Village Admiral

Default Come and get him...

Oh my goodness! I KNOW we have a lot going on and Louie is confused and doesn't understand why his house is in upheaval and his moms are stressed and running around. Our understanding of that is why he is still alive.

Louie has either chewed on or peed on every box that has been packed. Last night he looked at Loon and PEED right in the middle of the bed!
    He discovered which box has his toys in it (even though we stacked it up high) and will sit under where it is and howl and stomp his feet.
    Every bad behavior he has ever exhibited is out in full force and magnified by 100!

I called his vet and explained his behavior and let her know we had a five+ hour drive with him. She said to try benedryl. Well that just made it worse. I swear it hyped him up. I called her back and she said to try melatonin, well it didn't hype him up but it didn't mellow him out either. She says she has some stuff at her office we can try called Composure. She isn't comfortable prescribing him anything stronger because he's so young. If she isn't comfortable prescribing it I am not comfortable giving it to him.

I will be so glad when this move is over and everything settles down and we get back into a routine.
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louis Franklin, Georgia Pearl, and Charles Mylo

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

OMG, typical toddler regression and tantrums. He knows how to push every button and then some. Bless his little Puggie heart, though, his routine has been interrupted and he is so confused. Easy for me to say all this since I'm not having to cope with it. Hope you find something that will help him calm down a bit.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Come and get him...

Yes certainly a reaction to the interruption of routine , also a reflection of a stress environment and most likely a demand for attention .
    Right as you not give him enough ?

To be honest I would crate him(away from the action maybe even covered up) when you get busy and occupied .
    Don’t worry they got noise canceling head phones .....
    I used to give Bruno his chews only when he was in the crate . Sometimes he would go inside by himself look at me like where is my bone ? Yak chews , bully sticks , soft antlers . Bruno loves his Puppy Nylabones to this day .
    How is his teething ? He should be loosing or already lost teeth ?
    They got some pet essential oils to calm them but I never used any for that purpose. I used a Ginger car defuser for my carsick Dachshund . It worked like a charm .

Oh Louie I wish I was there I would pet sit you in a heart beat . Bruno and you would be in so much trouble together .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

His teething is the other thing. In the middle of all of this he has new teeth coming in. Bless his little heart.

I sat and just cuddled him for a little while this morning and he relaxed and ended up taking a really good nap. He even slept through me getting some things done.

Quote Originally Posted by BabsandLoon View Post
    His teething is the other thing. In the middle of all of this he has new teeth coming in. Bless his little heart.

I sat and just cuddled him for a little while this morning and he relaxed and ended up taking a really good nap. He even slept through me getting some things done.
    Just like babies they can get tummy upsets etc. with teething .
    That explains chewing on boxes at least a little .
    I picked up even some teething rings for Bruno . Little did I know he would not loose his baby teeth .

Just FYI my suggestion is to get the teeth x-rayed at his neuter appointment. Bruno had adult teeth missing , he still got baby teeth even his upper canines are baby size.
    He is a freak what can I say ? The Vet dentist said he never seen a dog missing his canine teeth .
    But both of my guys had impacted teeth and Bruno even had cyst . But you got time just keep it in mind when you go to the new vet .

Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Rugbysmom like this.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Not to throw another "monkey wrench" into your works, but as far as all the peeing, he couldn't have a UTI going on, could he? If he likes riding in the car, he'll probably sleep most of the way (cross fingers!). When do you leave?
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Oh dear, naughty Louie!
    Poor boy has had a lot of changes going on. I hope the peeing is just from stress and that he will be back to normal after things settle down. It wouldn't hurt to run a urine sample in to the vet for a check - just in case!
    Wishing you a safe and quiet drive (with a calm Louie) for your move!
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

don't expect a finished dog when he is a work in progress-----a five hour drive is easy peasy, when you arrive crate him, if he charges the door in confusion I doubt you will ever get him back---I don't believe in tranqs or drugging dogs, a nice smelly pair of socks or jeans will help him settle in his crate while you unwind (does he have a collar or harness with i.d. remembering that collars and pugs are a bad combination due to throat issues) he will scratch at the door of the new place to reach you

He does not have a UTI. I had that checked when I went to pick up his flea and heart worm stuff because I was worried about that as well.

He does have a collar with ID as well as ID on his harness. He just isn’t microchipped yet (we were having that done at the time of his neuter).

His vet agreed he is most likely just unsettled with everything going on and acting out.

(Speaking of vets, I am SO SAD to leave this one. She is amazing and is so good with Louie. I hope we can find a new one as good as her.)

We leave tomorrow (Saturday). Everything is packed and ready to go. We just have our necessities that are going in the car with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exciting . I thought you had a few more days .

5 hours are not to bad we just did a long trip .

1st day 7 hours to get son in GA + 4 hours to drive to College in AL .
    2nd day 8 hours back home
    I took my dogs back and forth for 9 hours trips each . My hubby lived in KY already and I was still in MD .
    We take our boys everywhere they are travel proof and hotel proof . They actually remember the hotel in AL and I believe they know what Hotel is .

Microchips can be done anytime but I like your vet telling you to do it a neuter time .
    They are some big needle thingies and I bet it hurts .

Not sure if you worried about loosing Louie.
    They are GPS trackers for collars to use. Actually Gordon and my Dachshund were beta tester for the Whistle which back then was only a dog activity tracker and then they bought of another company adding GPS .
    It did detect when my Dachshunds activity slowed down and alerted me . And yes my guy was sick .
    GPS trackers for dogs are big in size and pricy if I was concerned now , I would use a Tile tracker they have come a long way and got good reach .

I lost a Dachshund , walking of leash with other dogs in the Woods , a long time ago. No GPS back then . He did not come back with his Shepherds friends . We looked for hours, driving the Jeep in the usual areas and were lucky we found him after 8 some hours before it got dark. He had fallen in a trench was trying to get out . I wish he had barked . Lucky my friends dogs helped search for him .

I am not worried with my Pugs and here especially .
    On a military base things are just different . We got a FB page for spouses and people post there about everything. Often “Found a dog message me” , “a loose dog running in this neighborhood” , “lost dog” ..... But my concern here are the Coyotes , the deer and wildlife .
    My dogs do run free on our weekend morning walks and they are just not that type of dog to run far out of sight .
    They are trained . Actually easiest to train when you play hide and seek and have treats in your pockets .

Anyway once you are settled in your new home, you figure out what your needs are in the new environment . My last one was easy in so many ways since hubby already lived here for a few month and we visited . The boys knew the new home before we moved there. And we got a yard now.

Let’s just get there and unpacked and settled . Hopefully things opened up there and you get to a somewhat normal everyday routine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast