Why did you choose the pug breed?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Why did you choose the pug breed?

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

DefaultWhy did you choose the pug breed?

It's interesting to learn about each other and our puggies.
    https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/pug...ggie-quiz.html
    https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/pug...-pug-meet.html

On BabsandLoons post, she mentioned that Louie was her first pug. Sienna is my first pug.

My co-worker invited me to a Halloween party. We both love Halloween. We had loads of fun. Well, my friend (co-worker) had two pugs. They were going from person to person. I thought her dogs were so neat.

I researched pugs and was thinking of getting one. Due to a nosy neighbor, another friend breeder who had too many pugs for the zoned area had to get rid of some. (Full story is on one of the posts above).

So that's how I ended up choosing to get a pug. My friends two pugs were neat little dogs.

So why did you choose pugs (getting your first one)?
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

I’m one of the Brits who longed for a pug since 1985 when “Willie” first appeared in a soap called “EastEnders”
    He had such character and a cute puggie face that I decided that one day I would have one! It was 30 years later before I got my Xanthe and then two years later Darwin. I was on my own and wanted a breed that enjoys snuggling and would be as safe as possible when grandchildren started to arrive - which they truly are. I must admit I didn’t ever consider just how vocal a pug can be, or even knowing that as a breed they are vulnerable to eye ulcers just how upset and anxious I’d get about that either since they really are more like little children than dogs really
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

DefaultWhy did you choose the pug breed?

Oh wow not this thread . I might not be liked for a while after answering here .

I like hunting dogs . I love the drive and instinct . I never even looked at lapdogs . When we decided to get smaller dogs I decided to get wirehair Dachshunds / Rauhaardackel .
    Then my Wurzel passed unexpectedly and I contacted Gustl‘s Breeder (who only rarely breeds ) and lucky me there was a pregnant Bitch . And I put a deposit down.
    I made plans to travel to NC see the puppies after their birth and I asked my family to come with we make it a fun long weekend .
    I am the Momma and additions to the family is my responsibility. I always choose the dogs !

And then my son throws a tantrum . He can not believe I forgot my promise .
    When he was younger he always wanted a Pug and apparently I promised him 6 years earlier we get a Pug . I said we are a 2 dog household and we got 2 dogs .
    I told him that one dog has to go to heaven and then we get a Pug .

I never break a promise and I vaguely remembered .
    I did beg .I was like a Mops ? They are ugly and fat ! I looked online and all I saw was ugly Meme Pugs . And I begged for a Dachshund.

The trip was canceled and I started looking for Pug breeders . I really hoped my kid would change his mind and my husband he was Ok as long it was no big dog .
    I had a hard time actually getting in contact with breeders or no luck on boy puppies . Yeah we only get boys .
    I still was in mourning from my Wurzels death too .
    Then I got an e-mail from a Breeder up north who was going to show at a NJ show in 2 weeks time . He had one boy 3 month old , his pick of the litter but one testicle is not descended. We can take a look he would be willing to sell unless the testicle shows up by the show.

Here comes the Road trip .
    Here is the story why he was meant to be with us .

How did you and your pug meet?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

The breeder let us handle him for 1 hour to see if we like him . And I never held a more gentle , lovingly calm puppy .

Little did I know Gordon (My son named him after a video game) would be one of a kid dog changing our lives ?

First day home he is peeing on the porchpotty what a good boy .

When my other Dachhund went to the bridge I decided that I had chosen all dogs except Gordon and it‘s my husbands turn . No question in his mind he wanted another Pug .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 06-30-2020 at 04:19 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

rupp49er is offline Village Puppy

We had a friend who had one, she was really fun, my wife and kids really wanted one after spending time with her. A co worker of my wife had a sister who ran a Schipperke rescue who had just taken in a pregnant pug from someone that could not keep her and the father. We were lucky enough to get one of the pups for a donation to the rescue and we got the only fawn male in the group, Dave, who was the most chill laid back lazy pug ever. When he passed there was no question we would get another pug when we were ready, now we have Banjo, who is the polar opposite of Dave and is on kill until he falls asleep...we love him just the same...we will always have at least one pug.

BabsandLoon is offline Village Governor

I had a shih tzu named Norman who passed away (Aug 26, 2019). He was my best friend and we did everything together.
    After I lost him I became severely depressed and Loon finally talked me into getting another dog.
    I found Hank. He was a gorgeous staffordshire terrier/American bully mix who was in a rescue a friend of ours was part of.
    I fell in LOVE with him. He was the calmest gentlest soul and I just needed him. We were approved to get him but there was a miscommunication within the rescue and he ended up going to another home. I was devastated.
    After that I swore off rescues. I just couldn’t emotionally handle it.
    Loon and I talked and talked and I explained what I wanted and needed in a dog. We searched and searched and pugs seemed to check all the boxes.
    I researched and looked for breeders and waited and then all of a sudden I saw baby Louie! It was love at first sight.
    Loon made a phone call and the rest is history.

Louie is not calm and laid back and easy going. He is nothing I thought I needed and wanted in a dog but he is perfect. He is exactly what I didn’t know I needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Babs Mom #1 to sweet little Louie

Bustersmom is offline Village Governor

What a cutie then and now! Do your guys still use the porch potty? I have never seen this! Wonder if it might be an option for me in the brutal winters?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonBrunoPugMom View Post
    Oh wow not this thread . I might not be liked for a while after answering here .

I like hunting dogs . I love the drive and instinct . I never even looked at lapdogs . When we decided to get smaller dogs I decided to get wirehair Dachshunds / Rauhaardackel .
    Then my Wurzel passed unexpectedly and I contacted Gustl‘s Breeder (who only rarely breeds ) and lucky me there was a pregnant Bitch . And I put a deposit down.
    I made plans to travel to NC see the puppies after their birth and I asked my family to come with we make it a fun long weekend .
    I am the Momma and additions to the family is my responsibility. I always choose the dogs !

And then my son throws a tantrum . He can not believe I forgot my promise .
    When he was younger he always wanted a Pug and apparently I promised him 6 years earlier we get a Pug . I said we are a 2 dog household and we got 2 dogs .
    I told him that one dog has to go to heaven and then we get a Pug .

I never break a promise and I vaguely remembered .
    I did beg .I was like a Mops ? They are ugly and fat ! I looked online and all I saw was ugly Meme Pugs . And I begged for a Dachshund.

The trip was canceled and I started looking for Pug breeders . I really hoped my kid would change his mind and my husband he was Ok as long it was no big dog .
    I had a hard time actually getting in contact with breeders or no luck on boy puppies . Yeah we only get boys .
    I still was in mourning from my Wurzels death too .
    Then I got an e-mail from a Breeder up north who was going to show at a NJ show in 2 weeks time . He had one boy 3 month old , his pick of the litter but one testicle is not descended. We can take a look he would be willing to sell unless the testicle shows up by the show.

Here comes the Road trip .
    Here is the story why he was meant to be with us .

How did you and your pug meet?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

The breeder let us handle him for 1 hour to see if we like him . And I never held a more gentle , lovingly calm puppy .

Little did I know Gordon (My son named him after a video game) would be one of a kid dog changing our lives ?

First day home he is peeing on the porchpotty what a good boy .

When my other Dachhund went to the bridge I decided that I had chosen all dogs except Gordon and it‘s my husbands turn . No question in his mind he wanted another Pug .

BabsandLoon likes this.

glebou is offline Village Admiral

I didn't.

My daughter saw a pug puppy. She said she wanted it. I said "no more dogs." She talked my husband into buying him, and I came home from working overtime to find a ten-week-old puppy in the house. That was 1989, and Edgar was #1 of 8. And I've fostered about a dozen as well.

Edgar Allen Pug.jpg
    Gaye

Mom to Snafu DeLaRue, Dylan Thomcat and Millicent the Magnificent, the Siamese cats, (and Edgar Allen Pug, Priscilla Ann Pug, Kewpie Doll Boudreaux, Moe Jackson Pug, RooBen Lancaster Pug, Anya Pavlina Pug, Jabaar Jefferson Pug & Gertie Rose Griffon,waiting for me at the Bridge)

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

We had cats, two ,ages they dies at 18, and 20, and when the last cat died at age of 20,and my son, age 12 wrote me this long letter that he needed something tiny to hold, we also had a lab at that time, and my husband babysitted for a pug when he was in college so he said let just get a pug, that was Scruffy, I am now on my 4th. They have such personalities, I have been around a ton of dogs but I know I will always have a pug, or two.
    Susan, mom to Scruffy, Bo and Maggie Mae

Honoring Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Bustersmom View Post
    What a cutie then and now! Do your guys still use the porch potty? I have never seen this! Wonder if it might be an option for me in the brutal winters?
    Yes and no . I send you a message .

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Soon after we retired and moved, my cat died. I wanted a dog next and my daughter's husband at the time had 2 pugs. They were so much fun and so funny. I researched pugs, French bull dogs and Bostons. I was still going back to Richmond for my dental visits and my daughter called and said there were pug puppies in the paper. I still had not decided but after much pestering I decided to go see the puppies. BIG mistake! While I was talking with the breeder, I looked across the room and my husband and daughter had already made their decision. Tinker was named Goldie, she was 12 weeks old and away we went to Petsmart to buy the essentials so we could get her home with us. She is now 14. I have never regretted my decision, she has been the best companion ever!!
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast