My new doctor is the best! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: My new doctor is the best!

BabsandLoon is offline Village Admiral

I know that it states in our paperwork from the breeder that we are not allowed to use Louie for stud services or breed him, but I am not sure if it specifically states that we must have him neutered. I'll need to pull it out and look at it.

I am pretty certain that he has to be neutered to go to school.
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louis Franklin, Georgia Pearl, and Charles Mylo

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Quote Originally Posted by BabsandLoon View Post
    I know that it states in our paperwork from the breeder that we are not allowed to use Louie for stud services or breed him, but I am not sure if it specifically states that we must have him neutered. I'll need to pull it out and look at it.

I am pretty certain that he has to be neutered to go to school.
    Wow! I can understand training schools, daycare and kennels insisting that all dogs must be fully vaccinated, but that seems like a dreadful infringement of your rights to enforce neutering, especially now it’s becoming a questionable thing to do anyway.

The first I knew of this was about 7 years ago when my sister took her border collie pup to a dog training school. The reasons for NOT neutering males was given at the first lecture on dog ownership and care. I was astounded at the time as in my view then, unless you were keeping a dog as a stud for breeding you had them neutered. Not for any particular reason, that’s just what you did and that’s of course what vets and animal welfare organisations state equates with responsible ownership. But does it? I hadn’t ever thought to question it before. That led to me doing a fair bit of my own research reading published veterinary papers and articles written by professionally qualified dog behaviourists on the topic. I found many of my previous views challenged by this information and now knowing that fear aggression can result from the loss of testosterone in nervous dogs it seems a bad idea for Darwin. I expect he is probably quite pleased about that!
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123