Living with Louie
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Living with Louie

BabsandLoon is offline Village Senator

Default Living with Louie

We have lived in this apartment community a little over two months now. Everyone has gotten to know Louie and everyone loves him. We constantly hear ďOh, heís so cute!Ē ďOh, what a sweet puppy!Ē ďI just want to take him home with me!Ē

These people just donít KNOW. They have no clue what it is like living with Louie. Loon and I had no clue what we were getting into either.

First, heís spoiled.
    He wakes up at 5:45 am. He has to be CARRIED to the front door where his harness and leash are hanging. You have to give him kisses on the way there. You put his shirt on him, get a kiss, and then hook the leash.
    Early in the mornings and late in the evenings he will walk. But during the day when itís hot he has to be carried across the parking lot because the asphalt is hot.

He gets an egg with breakfast. He will eat them scrambled but prefers soft boiled. He is not a fan of fried eggs.

You will spend the day cleaning Louie hair up. Itís a constant battle. Itís literally everywhere. We had no clue a dog could shed so much. I donít even know how he isnít bald. His hair is EVERYWHERE!

You cannot ever ever EVER do anything alone. Louie will be with you. No matter what it is. You will hear the ďtick tick tickĒ of his nails on the hardwood floors as he follows you everywhere you go. Even if you are coming right back to where you were. His nail will tick no matter how you try to keep them cut. You either have to get used to it or learn to tune it out.

He will nap during the day. But will get up to follow you if you leave the room. Then get mad at you for having the nerve to have to pee or do anything else while he was trying to sleep. Continuing his nap while you do whatever is not an option.

He will somehow take up an entire queen sized bed. You and your partner will be left with approximately five inches...to share.

He will play fetch until he is gasping for air and nearly passes out. You have to be mindful of this and make sure it doesnít go that far.

He is scared of the tunnel at the dog park. Sometimes he will walk past it hurriedly, other times you have to carry him.

He is a canine vacuum cleaner. If it hits the floor itís in his mouth and probably swallowed. He doesnít even stop or look to see what it is. He just gulps it.

He is not the lazy couch potato pug you see on the internet in cute Instagram and Pinterest photos. He is WILD and full of energy.

An ice cube will buy a few minutes of peace.

He is DRAMATIC. Sometimes we just look at him and ask if heíd like to thank the academy now or if he is still working on his speech.

We love him. We wouldnít trade him for anything in the world but he was a LOT for me to get used to. There were days where I cried because I just didnít think I was going to be able to handle him. I even had a night where I broke down and told Loon we were going to have to find him another home because he was too much for me. I was literally ready to come on here and beg one of you to take him. Iím glad I didnít do that. Iím glad I stuck it out.

He is my best friend and my sidekick now. I love him more than words. I canít imagine a day without him.

That is what itís like to live with Louie. He is will drive you absolutely batshit crazy. He will make you think to yourself that this is it. This how PETA and the ASPCA get involved. Just when you think he is about to be your costar on Animal Cops, he looks up at you with those big bright eyes and you see all the love in the world and you melt into a puddle and you cry because you didnít think youíd ever love another dog so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louie

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Yes yes and yes and by the way yes that is a typical Pug .
    And I got 2 and want another .

By the way you got 5 inches together ? How the heck did you get that much space?

Also have you tried Undercoat deShedding Tool ? Gordon is not much a fan of it but he also does have less of a double coat . Bruno is so soft itís mostly his hair everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We got a Furminator deshedding tool. It works when Louie will stay still long enough for us to use it on him.

We got five inches because Louie loves us back and is a generous soul. LOL
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louie

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

I forgot to add that he also likes to watch television and you had better not change the channel while heís watching!

And he drags a pappy everywhere

~Babs Mom #1 to Louie

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

You and Loon are well and truly "Pugged". I've had dogs all my life and loved each and every one but there is something about a Pug's love that is unique and very special. They don't just wrap us around their paw they wrap us around their heart.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

Welcome to the PUG ZONE

https://youtu.be/XVSRm80WzZk
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von BŁlow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by sassismom View Post
    Welcome to the PUG ZONE

https://youtu.be/XVSRm80WzZk

I also forgot to mention that we have been exposed to...BUTT JUICE. It's awful. And our first exposure was IN THE CAR about 2 hours from home.
    SiennasMommy likes this.
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louie

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Quote Originally Posted by BabsandLoon View Post
    He is DRAMATIC. Sometimes we just look at him and ask if he’d like to thank the academy now or if he is still working on his speech.
    That made me laugh out loud!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabsandLoon View Post
    ...he looks up at you with those big bright eyes and you see all the love in the world and you melt into a puddle and you cry because you didn’t think you’d ever love another dog so much.
    THIS! Yes!

Missing my Wonka so very, very much after reading your post... I would give anything to see him looking up at me again like that... I went from laughing out loud to crying my eyes out.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    :

Missing my Wonka so very, very much after reading your post... I would give anything to see him looking up at me again like that... I went from laughing out loud to crying my eyes out.
    I completely understand. Wonka is right there in your heart. He was so lucky to have been loved so much!
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louie

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    That made me laugh out loud!!

THIS! Yes!

Made me tear up

Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast