How do you talk to your pug?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you talk to your pug?

Newsie96 is offline Village Irish Pug Pub

Default How do you talk to your pug?

I talk to Murphy like he's a human child. When we're walking, I tell him he's so brave to be out in the snow. "Yes Murphy, I know it's ick out here, but all I need is for you to do your business and then we can go back in. Yes, that's a good, smart boy. Ok, let's go in and warm up."

When we cross the street I tell him, "Hurry up honey, there's a car coming. We don't want to get run over."

If we're home, and he's begging for some of my lunch, I say, "You are going to have to be patient and then you'll get a corner of my toast. That's right, good boy to sit like a gentleman."

I talk to him like he can understand me. My neighbors must think I'm nuts.
    Samantha,Mom to: Murphy B., CGC, TDI, Duke and Hippie Shyster. And WIFE of Jeff, who keeps her on her toes.

Murphy on Dogster: http://www.dogster.com/?62118

adenes is offline Village Senator

I also talk to Monkey and Pugsley-Toad like they are my human children. Especially when we are outside untill I realize there are other people around me!
    Mom to Pugsley-Toad (aka Pug with an emphasis on the U Puuuuuuug) and Maize the snuggle bug boxer/pit mix!

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Well I think it is odd when people DON'T talk to thier furkids. I would love to see you two out and about, how adorable! They *may* not understand, but I think they appreciate the company and your tone of voice tells them a lot.

No way, you are not alone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Nell's Mom is offline Village Royalty

Same here! When we are coming back from a walk and they want to dart across the road, I'll say "Now hold on and watch for cars first!"

momluvzozzy is offline Village VP

I am home alone a lot with my boys.. Sometimes I will have a convo with them and they just stare at me like I am a lunatic.. My neighbors probably think I am NUTTY.
    Kristen, Chopper, Osbourne and Mugsy
    I LOVE MY PUGS!

Visit Ozzy on Dogster http://www.dogster.com/?38858
    Visit Chop on Dogster http://www.dogster.com/?38860

I do the same with my puggie. I always talk to him when I am sad. He sits there looking at me and the whole time to make him stay there while I talk to you him I have to pet him, or he will just go away. Sometimes I ask him questions....like how was your day? Were you a good boy? And in his return he snorts back. Its soo cute. I believe its just the way a pug shows their love. CUTE!

I'm like you guys, I talk to them like they are little peeps. "How was your day? What did you do?", "Stop acting like a little monster, you little monster!", "Awwww, you guys are soooo cute", "Rugby, go and brush your teeth", "Wanna go outside and make some yellow snow?", and so on, and so on!

ZoeZoesmom is offline Village Royalty

I totally talk to mine like they understand me, and I think they do!!!!! We wuv to baby talk to the puggie wuggies...I call Zoe my little "dodder" kind of like daughter but I have to be careful not to spite the 2 legged grown up child!!!!! Even my kids think I'm totally crazy the way I talk to them....I am crazy, CRAZY ABOUT MY PUGS!!!! I have even read out loud to them, we are currently reading "Homer for the Holidays". Whats the funniest thing is when they talk back!!!! One time Ralph was eating dinner and Diesel made the funniest sound , I would have swore he said "Hap-py Meal"...and Ralph just looked at him and said no Diesel you are not getting a happy meal today and continued eating....now I know it was pure coinsidence....but one time he was being bad and I kept telling him No!....No!!! finally I looked at him and said, now what did I just say? And once again in true Diesel fashion he made a sound that said "No", I just about died laughing!!!!....OMG....I love them so much!!!!!!!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

~Maya Angelou

@}-;-Dawn, Momma to Diesel my Pug love and Sicily the tiny Chihuahua ...my loves
    Missing my big boy...^Tuxedo^, Mommy's Landseer and my heart ^Zoe ^my first Pug❤️
    Gizmo my purr-baby, ^Dega^ , my furry angel watching over me from The Rainbow Bridge

uhm, I don't *think* I talk baby talk to them - but who knows. I might be in denial. It's not a river in Egypt you know.

Most of the time I talk silly talk. To Angel it's "are you my pretty girl? are you my happy girl". To Jessie it's "hey there little bug", and to Bello it's "LEAVE THE CAT ALONE!"

So I think it varies by pug. LOL

SallyAndTilly is offline Village Model's Mom & Photo Nut

Do you mean their are people who don't talk to their pugs like they are little people? Shame on them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast