• 1 Post By Lu Ci and Ri Ki
  • 2 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 2 Post By Lu Ci and Ri Ki
  • 3 Post By ChristinePugMom
  • 4 Post By BabsandLoon

Thread: Elvis and his Habits

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Elvis and his Habits

Elvis is very driven by his habit. Things have to be the same way all the time, he knows when it is time to go to bed, when to eat, where he eats etc.

We are having the carpet in our bedroom removed today and putting in laminate flooring for two reasons, one it is old and also since Elvis is allergic to dust mites when we are in there he scratches and scratches. He gets a Benadryl every night so he can sleep.

Anyway Michael and I spent the afternoon removing all the furniture, let me tell you when you get old that is a big chore. When it was time to go to bed last night Elvis was so messed up. Michael decided to sleep in the spare room in the queen sized bed and I opted for the couch. Poor Elvis just stood between where we were, he would run to Michael and back to me than toward our bedroom. He just couldn't understand. We decided that I needed to get in the queen bed too, during all of the Buddy D could care less as long as he was with me. Well that didn't work, just really not the room for all four of us and Elvis would not settle, I was hot and couldn't sleep.

I went back to the couch, Michael got in the recliner and finally Elvis accepted that. He slept on the foot rest with Michael plus could see me. I have to say it was a rough night and neither Michael or me got much sleep.

It is amazing how we adjust to the pug not the pug adjusting to us. Can you say "spoiled rotten"?
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

They have to have their way! I was running late today so I didn't give Hercules a treat I am in deep ***** when I get home!
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Pugs do love their routines and heaven help the human who tries to disturb that.
    ChristinePugMom likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

They are both in a tizzy because the guys are here working and they do not like strangers in their house. Of course we have the gate up to keep them separated. The noise level from the dogs is horrible. As soon as we get them quiet the men have to pass by to get stuff. It is becoming a horrible day. And to think we have to moved all this furniture back in.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Elvis and his Habits

LOL Gordon is totally set on his routine . Bruno somewhat . I have noticed very fast after getting Gordon a routine is must with Pugs. We just went to kinda same situation. We got our sons furniture to take to college and in our small home we had extra couches, tables , bed etc. Bruno loved the extra dog bed couch . Gordon was upset because he could not go to his day window spot couch it was blocked by a TV stand ! We had to fix it !
    Gordon just went through stress his Daddy not home and the neighbor feeding him at 6pm . Silly Pugs ! Gotta love them !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Sheldon is not a Pug but rather a Chi/Mini Pin mix who identifies as a Rottweiler. If anyone dares to come in his house he will bark non-stop. When I had to have my air conditioner/heater replaced he barked for 6 solid hours. Nothing persuades him that all is well until the offenders are gone.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lu Ci and Ri Ki View Post
    Sheldon is not a Pug but rather a Chi/Mini Pin mix who identifies as a Rottweiler. If anyone dares to come in his house he will bark non-stop. When I had to have my air conditioner/heater replaced he barked for 6 solid hours. Nothing persuades him that all is well until the offenders are gone.
    That is what we go through. Mostly is it Buddy D, it is a good thing he is small with not many teeth because the little turd means business. He will attack Elvis for barking, he seems to think only he should be doing it.

The men got the work done by 11:30 and did a great job. Michael and I have spent up until now putting things back, changing how we had it before. The minute we got the mattress on the bed Elvis was frantic to get up. He can't jump in without something as a spring board so we had to get my cedar chest in place at the foot of the bed so he could get up there. Finally he was a happy boy.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

BabsandLoon is offline Village Senator

Louie is teaching us all about pugs and routines. He has a soft boiled egg every morning between 7 and 7:30 AM. He starts getting antsy around 7:15 and heaven forbid it is not in front of him by 7:30!

When it's time for night night he knows and he gets his pappy (pacifier) and waits.

Next weekend we are going out of town...that should be fun.
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louie

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Poor Elvis, it's awful when your routine is off kilter!

My Wonka used to be like that as well. He liked his routine and didn't like changes.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

+ Reply to Thread