2020 PV Holiday CARD exchange signup
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wonka & Nilla
  • 1 Post By jackieopug

Thread: 2020 PV Holiday CARD exchange signup

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Default 2020 PV Holiday CARD exchange signup

Itís time again for the PugVillage Holiday Card Exchange! This fun and popular annual tradition is open to ALL PugVillagers. Come and join us!

Hereís how it works: you email me at [email protected] with your name, address and the information listed below before the deadline of Friday, October 23. The earlier you can get your information in, the easier it will be for me to compile the label lists. After the sign-up deadline has closed, you will receive an email with the addresses in label format. You can print these directly onto blank mailing labels that you buy or you can handwrite the addresses if you choose. In the meantime, while waiting for your labels, you can work on getting a good holiday photo of your pugs and decide what type of card you want to send. Then, just mail out your cards and wait for your own mailbox to get flooded with PUG CARDS from all over the world!

Frequently Asked Questions

Where will I be mailing cards? Answer: either your own home country, or all over the world, your choice! If you live in the USA, youíre only required to mail to the rest of the USA addresses, if you live in the United Kingdom, then you may choose to only mail to UK addresses. However, keep in mind that part of the fun of the card exchange is receiving cards from all over the world, so, if you can afford to do so, please consider mailing to the entire list. In the US, stamps to foreign countries are $1.20 each.

How many cards will I mail out? In recent years, weíve had about 20-25 participants from the United States, 1-2 from Canada and 2-3 from the United Kingdom (Scotland, Ireland, England). So, to mail to the full list would likely be less than 40 cards total.

How do I sign up? If you want to join in the fun, please email me the following information (listed below) to this e-mail address: [email protected] DO NOT put personal information on this thread and donít send me a PM (Private Message) with the information! It must be emailed.

Included in this email should be:
    1. Your PugVillage username
    2. Your pug(s) names (and any other pets you want on the address label)
    3. Your name and any family member names you want included on the envelope label
    4. Your mailing address (including country if NOT from the USA)

IMPORTANT!! The Deadline to sign up is: Friday, OCTOBER 23. Once the deadline has passed and the address labels are emailed I can not add more to the list!
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Other general information and comments
    • Although we usually call this the “Christmas Card Exchange” I want everyone to know that ALL are welcome and encouraged to join us. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, Solstice, Kwanzaa or none of the above, you are still invited and encouraged to participate! In my own humble opinion, the Card Exchange is more about sharing in the fun of owning pugs and celebrating the community and friendships developed here at PugVillage versus which holiday, if any, you celebrate.
    • Since this is the PUGvillage card exchange, please try to include a picture of your pug (past or present!) or your HONORARY pug. This can be a photocard that you’ve had printed or a small photo tucked into a card, it can be a drawing or a collage, it can be anything you can imagine, Be Creative!… but please try to include a pug (or your "honorary pug") if you can.
    • If you sign up and then decide, for whatever reason, that you can not participate, please let me know as soon as possible! If the deadline has not yet passed, I can remove you from the mailing list. If you commit to joining in the card exchange, please make sure you get your cards mailed out before the end of the year.
    • Mailing cards overseas takes extra time! Try to get your cards for foreign countries in the mail as soon as possible so they receive them before the year has ended.
    • We love outtakes! Every year, people post the “Outtakes” from their photo sessions with their pugs. These silly photos are always great fun to look at. So, if you find that you’ve taken hundreds of pictures before getting one good one for the card, please start a PugVillage thread and post a few of the goofy outtakes for the rest of us to enjoy.

What type of card? Where to get cards?
    Many people use a photo-card that is printed with a picture they’ve taken of their pugs. Some people print their own on a computer, or you can opt to have a business print them for you.

Examples of a card that a PugVillager sent from a previous year…

Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Forever in our hearts:
    And my Heart-Dog...

jackieopug is offline Village Mayor

YES!!! Can’t wait!
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Bumpity, bump bump. Don't miss the signup date of October 23.

We only have nine signed up so far and I'd love to see at least 20-30!
    Village Moderator

Forever in our hearts:
    And my Heart-Dog...

A few days left! Don't forget to sign up!!!
    Village Moderator

Forever in our hearts:
    And my Heart-Dog...

+ Reply to Thread