Dog insurance
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Dog insurance

Pugsleymine is offline Village Mayor

Default Dog insurance

Could some of you give me ideas on what dog insurance you have for your pups? There are a ton of them out there and just to pick a good one.
    Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LAK
    LAK is offline Village Puppy

Hi..

I go to VCA and take their insurance.. They have monthly plans for all ages (with and without dental cleanings). This plan gives you free vet visits, no matter how often and free bloodwork and xrays.

Since i have a senior dog, I take her in monthly, since she has issues that need to be monitored frequently.

Hope that helps.
    SiennasMommy and pickles2001 like this.

Thank you, yes it does. I have checked out three so far and for both boy it is around 100.00. So I just want ideas from people who have it and used it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsleymine View Post
    Thank you, yes it does. I have checked out three so far and for both boy it is around 100.00. So I just want ideas from people who have it and used it.

There is not a clinic close to us.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Dog insurance

So I got insurance through Pet’s Best on all of mine. They let you choose the coverage and deductible amounts . I certainly have no limit .
    Many use Nationwide since it has changed it’s plans and I considered it for Henry but it is just easier to keep all on the same plan and you get a multi dog discount .

No insurance will cover pre existing conditions. I have not checked in a while and it is a lot of work but coverage for certain condition is key to figure out what you want and what is right for you.

I also got Banfield (mostly located in PetSmart) plans on all my guys. It is a prevention and maintenance plan and it covers all visits , shoots , dentals or neuter and depending on your plan some other stuff like preventive x-rays . It’s worth to for me. I like the veterinarian and my boys get 2 full comprehensive exams a year.
    I drive 1 hour to my vets office !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 09-24-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Thank you will look those up. Our petsmart is small so we don’t have a vet there.
    I drive now 45 min to our vet. I love the vet.
    Ok so what are the important things to look for? They are still young so I want them to be covered good for the future.
    I know we are all different but is it worth it to cover shots? Worming? I just don’t know lol
    I have looked and I know I want a low deductible, coverage as they age, hips,knees,eyes covered. What else should I look for?

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

I used to use Healthy Paws and liked them, but since our doctor went VCA, I use the same as what LAK mentioned above.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

Default Dog insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsleymine View Post
    Thank you will look those up. Our petsmart is small so we don’t have a vet there.
    I drive now 45 min to our vet. I love the vet.
    Ok so what are the important things to look for? They are still young so I want them to be covered good for the future.
    I know we are all different but is it worth it to cover shots? Worming? I just don’t know lol
    I have looked and I know I want a low deductible, coverage as they age, hips,knees,eyes covered. What else should I look for?

Insurance should be there for the unexpected and illness.
    Here is Henry’s policy

Now you want accidents included . And then you look for exclusions. Some companies exclude genetic disorders but you really want those because they can come back and say everything is genetic or at least I feel that way. Less exclusions are best. Look for maximum limits . $5000 is nothing when your dog needs major surgery. Everybody has a different budget and with my insurance you can pick and choose deductibles , your % off cost etc.
    One of the reason I choose this company is the easy of filing a claim. All I do is go to App and take a picture of my bill. That’s it !

There is really no reason why you would need another plan like I do. I just happen to like the vet and am often paranoid . And Gordon already had pre existing conditions so he needs regular check ups and Urin test etc. But technically I would not need it I got a vet here on base which is low cost and actually a good vet. It’s just hard to get an appointment. But shots are not that pricey and dentals are no to bad in cost either.

Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 09-25-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Default Dog insurance

Oh and Nationwide from what I understand offers a policy which basically covered it all ?

Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 09-25-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    puglover22 likes this.

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

I have Healhy Paws
    Susan, mom to Desi, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy,Bo, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast