Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Seeking for another Pug.

Westwood is offline Village Puppy

I see this place:

https://qualitypugpuppieshomes.com/available-puppies/

But I'm getting bad vibes.... .

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Have you tried Mid-Atlantic Pug Rescue??
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker's mom View Post
    Have you tried Mid-Atlantic Pug Rescue??
    Just punched that in now, but I'll keep that on the list to keep checking. They're mostly seniors, a few are a bit TOO far away, and some are on medical hold. But who knows. Thanks. =]
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Rugbysmom like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Renee is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Westwood View Post
    Yea, ben doing that. Every CL ad is a scam. Every. Single. One. I've contacted about 80 of them all over the Eastern coast. Every one of them was "you send money now, you get Pug over night". Every single ad was like that.

I have words out to all the vets in the area. Made some posts on reddit. Few other forums I frequent. So have most bases covered.

The reality behind it is that getting a Pug isn't likely. I'll keep an eye out, but I'm going to have to open up more options at local shelters.
    Good luck in your search. We have tried several rescues but there are so many strings attached and it seems impossible to get a puppy unless you've been a big donor or know someone (IMO). We've had three pugs and they've all come from CL. We've paid no more than $400 for each of them. They've all been healthy. I'd love to pay from a reputable breeder that tracks their lineage, health issues, etc. but I just cannot afford to pay for a $1000+ dog. I need that money to go towards the dog's care.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I hope you're able to find just the right pug for your family.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    GooWe've had three pugs and they've all come from CL. We've paid no more than $400 for each of them. They've all been healthy. I'd love to pay from a reputable breeder that tracks their lineage, health issues, etc. but I just cannot afford to pay for a $1000+ dog. I need that money to go towards the dog's care.
    Oh man, how'd you get that lucky? I called dozens, and dozens, and DOZENS of ads. Every single one was a scam. My favorite ones were ads from Connecticut, but with palm trees in the background.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I say be patient & keep your eyes open on all sources. You never know when the right Pug will pop up! I'm sending along positive thoughts & prayers for the right Pug to find it's way to you very soon! Although I always had misgivings about getting a retired girl from a breeder (I didn't see how they could ever give up one of their babies) I ended up doing just what Diane (Shaynapugs) said--I found Heidi on the internet while I was trying to find a breeder. I happened to click on "Available Adults" on one breeder's website. There was a beautiful picture of her & I fell in love with her right away. We drove 7 hours to go get her, sight unseen. When we got there, she was a bit shy--of course we were taking her away from her first mom! But the breeder said she was happy that Heidi was going to home where she would get so much more attention, & not have "to wait in line" for everything. Heidi warmed up to us & has been such a joy! My only regret is that we missed out on her first 4 years! If you stick around on here, sooner or later someone on here might hear of an available Pug--sometimes that does happen! Good luck with your search, & please keep us posted!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Small update.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Joined some Facebook groups. The best one was a lady in Cameroon telling me to send her $500 for a Pug. I was getting messages every hour from scammers. It was non stop. All the others have full waiting lists. Some are "accepting non refundable deposits". Other Pugs were well into the $3000 range.

This is getting foolish. When we got Tito, there was an ad in the paper, we called, came down that weekend, and brought him home. That was it.

I am on one waiting list. Seventh in line. Litter is due in mid November. Outside of that, all scammers. Every one. Pretty much killed any hope I had getting a Pug. We're just doing local shelters now. Looking for Small/Medium puppies. I don't have the patience and resources to filter through 1000s of ads looking for a legitimate breeder.

Frustrating.

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

I don't know if it will or if this is too far for you, but here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana there is a pug group. They quite often have puppies for sale on there. Maybe you could join, it is Baton Rouge Pug Group on Facebook. I just check the last time I saw was Oct 8th there were some.
    This group is pretty good, I have gone to several of the meet ups with my boys. They seem to have a handle on who can post puppies for sale.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinePugMom View Post
    I don't know if it will or if this is too far for you, but here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana there is a pug group. They quite often have puppies for sale on there. Maybe you could join, it is Baton Rouge Pug Group on Facebook. I just check the last time I saw was Oct 8th there were some.
    This group is pretty good, I have gone to several of the meet ups with my boys. They seem to have a handle on who can post puppies for sale.
    I'm in New England. I joined a Massachusetts group. When I asked about available Pugs, I got SLAMMED with all these links to other groups worded like "YOUNG PUGS NOW". Other people would post saying "PM me", I'd hit their profile, and you can see their post history. "PM me" was posted a few dozen times all over the place. I just can't filter through all the non sense. I had to leave the group. =/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast