Back on poop watch
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Back on poop watch

BabsandLoon is offline Village Admiral

Default Back on poop watch

Ugh.

Louie is bad about getting makeup wipes and dryer sheets out of the trash. It seems like no matter what we try to do he always finds a way to get one and I usually (and thankfully) find it ripped to shreds all over the bathroom or living room or wherever he has chosen to hide and do it. He is like a toddler. If he's quiet he's up to something.

We've already had one incident where he pooped out an ENTIRE and intact makeup wipe. I had no idea he'd even eaten it!

Needless to say we pay super close attention to Louie's poop.

Well, he has had NO POOP today. That is very unlike him. He has usually pooped twice by now. He has his morning poop at 6am and then around 10 he will have another smaller poop. Then he is usually good for a while and he will have another small poop between 4 and 7pm.

So now we are on poop watch and he doesn't poop at all today its a vet call to come out and x-ray and make sure nothing is blocking anything.
    Shutterpug likes this.
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louis Franklin, Georgia Pearl, and Charles Mylo

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Not the first time we have been on poop watch. You are right - if they are quiet they are up to something. Sometimes I think they see it as a challenge to bypass every safety measure we can come up with. Come on - we don't need a Vet visit.
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

A nice spoonful of grease (I keep a jar of bacon in the 'fridge) comes in handy when poops are missing. Good luck!
    BabsandLoon likes this.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LilyFayre is online now Village Tea Pug

Oh dear - just what you don’t need!

I solved the bin problem with my Trailhound by getting a 38 litre Simplehuman bin that is totally dog proof! Interestingly you can get them way cheaper in the States than we have to pay in the UK! The other interesting thing about this bin however, is that it may be totally dog proof, but it’s not totally Darwin proof. He is able to jump high enough from the floor to get on it and from there onto the kitchen top - eek! Who would have thought that a little pug could jump so high!
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

We have a garbage can with a lid on it that I keep behind closed doors with the washer and dryer.

We also have a small one in the bathroom. The one we had did not have a lid so we bought a new one WITH a lid. Louie learned to step on the little lever that opens the lid. Doesn't want to learn to walk on a leash properly and not to yell at people...but let him try to get to a makeup wipe he wants and he's a freakin' genius!

I tried the bacon grease thing a couple of hours ago. Still no poop so far.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Call the vet anyway and ask for something to give to him besides bacon grease. One thing about Banfield they added Tele vet and vet chat since COVID!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I was just going to say you have to get one of those small trash cans where you have to step on the thing to open the top, but I see you've already done that & Louie has already figured it out! Smart little dude!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Quote Originally Posted by BabsandLoon View Post
    Louie learned to step on the little lever that opens the lid. Doesn't want to learn to walk on a leash properly and not to yell at people...but let him try to get to a makeup wipe he wants and he's a freakin' genius!
    OMG! Louie, you are too smart for your own good!!!

I remember when Wonka was around 9-10 months old, shortly after we adopted him, he went through a stage where he really loved dryer sheets! Naughty little scamp! He would grab one and run off with it and he loved to shred them and tried to eat them if we didn't catch him! Of course, there are chemicals in those that aren't good for pug tummies + the fact that it could block him up! Thankfully he lost interest in them, but I don't recall if we did anything training-wise or if we were just extra-careful to keep them away from him? Hopefully it is something that Louie will give up interest in soon.

In the meantime, POOP Louie! Poop!!
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Well at 3:45am this morning Louie finally pooped. It was a little poop but it was a poop.

I’m hoping we can get back to our regularly scheduled pooping program today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

BabsandLoon likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast