Today would have been Wonka's Gotcha Day
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Today would have been Wonka's Gotcha Day

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Default Today would have been Wonka's Gotcha Day

Struggling a lot right now and missing my boy. Today would have been his Gotcha Day.

Last year, on this day, we were taking him out for his Arby's treat....

Last year (and every October of his life), we were at the pumpkin farm for our annual visit....

Last year he was enjoying his bite of donut at the farm....

Last year he was flying with Snoopy for Halloween and showing up in the pet store's newsletter...

So much of Autumn and Halloween is tied to my memories of Wonka... playing in piles of leaves when he was young, going to the pumpkin farm, handing out candy to trick-or-treaters... now it all feels so empty.

Miss you, Wonka!
    Suri, Shutterpug and allygirl like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

This brought tears!!! Amy... I still cry thinking about Ben.....but....there are more smiles now when thinking of him than total sadness!!!! Seeing you feeling the same way with Wonka as time goes on!!! Never forgotten...always held close in your heart....Pug hugs!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Thank you, Diane.
    Some days I can think of him and smile, remembering happy memories.... but today is different and very difficult.
    Today I wanted to do something to honor him, to celebrate the life he had, but instead all I've done is cry and cry and cry. Such a hard day.

And I dread the coming months because there is Andrew's birthday with no Wonka, Halloween with no Wonka, My birthday with no Wonka, Thanksgiving with no Wonka and Christmas... with no Wonka to tear open the presents and dance around in the paper and be decorated with the annual ceremonial Christmas bow. Right now, in my sadness, I look ahead and it just all feels so meaningless without him here. I really don't know if I'll feel up to taking Beanie to the pumpkin farm this year. Even though it's outside I still worry about covid stuff and being surrounded by strangers, but mostly I don't know if I can be at that place without Wonka. The year they opened for business was our first visit and we've gone back every year since then.... this would have been our 15th year. Wonka was there the first year, then after we adopted Nilla she came along to the farm, then last year it was Wonka & Beanie.

A friend said recently that maybe it's time for me to consider getting another pug, but I don't feel emotionally ready for that at all. Plus, it doesn't seem fair to the dog right now - to get a dog and then be so busy with building the new house. We just wouldn't have time/energy to help a new pug adjust to our home and family and then we'd be moving right away again. We'll get another someday, but now is not the right time for many reasons. I don't think Beanie minds being an only pug.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

As for getting another pup.....you'll know when you're ready!!!! I have a family with Teddy's littermate that lost Charlie this spring....They only had the pup for a few months.....and then with the loss are having trouble bonding with her as she's compared to Charlie who was 5 when they got her!!!! They expected too much out of the pup....Am hoping since we talked that they'll be able to do more bonding. If not....she's coming back to me....

Amy...I know you're hurting.......see if you can look at things differently and do them a bit differently!!!! Life is so fleeting...... We all know that when we get our babies their life span is no where near ours!!! If, as I believe, Wonka is watching over you...he would not want you to stop living because you miss him!!! Try to see the blessings...the joy you had with Wonka...but Andrew and then Beanie were there too!!!! See the blessing that you're not alone....Andrew and Beanie are still with you!!!!

Pug hugs!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Rugbysmom like this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

to you Amy. I know how hard it is! I like to think though that all our beloved babies are running free together, enjoying their lives telling each other what fantastic lives they had and eating everything they want, free of pain, troubles and enjoying life!
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

BabsandLoon is offline Village Senator

*hugs*

I, too, understand how hard today must be for you. Loon and I send you love and hugs and Louie sends you tons of pug kisses!
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louie

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Oh Amy ! Wonka was a wonderful one of a kind Pug ! He made your life better with just being in it.
    Remember those happy days!

As for another Pug . You never know what happens. One moment you are thinking you should wait (or 3 is to many ) the next you can’t forget about that tiny bundle you have set your eyes on. It will happen when it is suppose to happen .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Amy, my heart breaks for you. If old traditions are too painful without Wonka it's okay to start some new ones or to do things in a different way. You are not forgetting your precious boy or leaving him out but life will never be exactly the same again so it's okay to change things up a bit. Do what feels right to you. I agree with you about another companion right now. With building a house and moving it would be very hard to bring in another family member. A Puggie will find you when the time is right. Sending you Pug hugs and prayers for comfort.
    shaynapug and Rugbysmom like this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I agree with all! I'm so sorry you are hurting so much today! Wonka wouldn't want you to be unhappy.....I know it is so hard. I'm hoping a puppy for you, when you feel ready! It would never replace Wonka, but would give you another little one to love & focus on & keep you busy.....when the time is right. Hugs!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

Wonka was a special little boy miss him always loved his beefy treat.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    22 years of love at rainbow bridge Gracie and Jon Jon, now joined by Macie my heart pug for 14 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast