Albino Pug??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Albino Pug??

PukaPug is offline New to the Village

Default Albino Pug??

Today my girl gave birth to what seems like an albino pug. i know they are extremely rare, but i need some opinions on if it’s white or albino! from what i know, my pugs are purebred and registered, so i’m not sure why it would be white...
    Attached Images Attached Images

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Albino Pug??

I can not see a picture. I am not a breeder and am not sure . All I know is there is not such a thing as a white pug. Albino would be a pug with no pigment and you should be able to tell especially in the eyes. This is certainly a concern for health! If you had one in your litter you should not breed again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    shaynapug and Lu Ci and Ri Ki like this.

Is this a better photo? Why would this be a health concern?
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Sorry, I still can't see the photo. Photos must be hosted somewhere like Facebook, Shutterfly, etc. You can't post directly from your computer.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Hi!

I’m afraid I can’t see your photo either.

I don’t think it’s likely that you’ll be able to tell whether or not your puppy is albino until after the eyes have opened and you’re moving on from the puppy blue eyes bit. An albino doesn’t have the normal dark brown iris colour due to the lack of melanin, plus of course there will be no pigmentation on the nose or a mask. Yes there are health issues associated with albino dogs, mainly being skin cancers and potentially severe eye issues/ blindness

On the bright side there is of course a teeny, tiny possibility that you have bred an exceedingly rare true silver fawn as I believe that these puppies are almost white when first born. You would of course see that the eyes are pigmented - presumably a lighter brown and a darker mask developing on the face as the puppy and possibly the trace down the back as they grew. I say presumably, as I haven’t ever personally seen a genuine silver fawn pug.

The other more likely possibility is that somewhere in the ancestry of the parents that there was a cross breeding(s) and that is how a white puppy has come about. Brindle puppies can unexpectedly turn up in a litter because of this reason.

In any event, here’s hoping that the little white puppy will successfully thrive and bring great joy into the life of their future owner.
    Last edited by LilyFayre; 01-11-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Alright, i’ll just describe it. He’s really pink all over with white fur, but there seems so be a small amount of black pigment on the bottom of his toes and on the insides of his ear. his eyes are pink, but when they open i’ll be able to see if they’re blue. Why would breeding be a health concern?

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Albino is a genetic mutation while a white pug is a polluted gene pool . I have seen many AKC breeders with dogs not even close to standard . AKC registration in my opinion is overrated. I believe in breeding sound healthy dogs.
    If you pup is a true Albino he will need extra protection for the sun not just his skin but also his eyes. Do you not have a veterinarian who is monitoring the pups and mothers health? He/she would be the one to ask.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

Can you puppy hear? He may be deaf. Setters can gs d an albino trait and if the hairs in the ears are white they are deaf. Would love to see a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Susan, mom to Desi, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy,Bo, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Hi! Just an update for you all who are still interested. He is not albino, his pigmentation appeared as he grew. I’m aware white pugs are not purebred, and i’m a little upset that the breeders who sold me my male didn’t inform me that, especially since hes AKC registered! But, i’ve decided to keep him and discontinue breeding my male, and my puggies not being 100% purebred will not ever interfere with my love for them. I am quite fond of him and his color, i really like it a lot, and since he came from my pugs i think he’ll make a great addition to my doggie family <3 Thank you all for your help &#x1f642;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast