• 6 Post By Lu Ci and Ri Ki
  • 1 Post By Rugbysmom
  • 2 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 1 Post By sassismom
  • 1 Post By Wonka & Nilla

Thread: Guess I Should Stay Off CL....

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Default Guess I Should Stay Off CL....

Last evening on Craigslist somebody was advertising 2 female Pug puppies. The picture was adorable, but they were way over on the other side of the state, & since I'm not really seriously looking hard for a puppy right now, I decided to think about it overnight & then proceed with caution. I probably couldn't say "no" if everything seemed right, but everything would have had to seem right. So I texted the owner this morning & asked a few questions, and they replied back right away that one puppy was already sold, but one was still available, BUT they wanted $2000 for her, with no mention of the parents being show dogs, or even AKC! I am a bit discouraged because I feel like whenever the time is right that we truly think it is time to bring a new puppy into our lives, I'll be priced right out of that market. We don't have any Pug rescues around here--the nearest one would be Seattle Pug Rescue & last time I went on their website, it said they never adopt Pugs out of the are because they have to do their home checks, no exceptions, & so don't even bother asking.

Heidi seems happy being an "only," so for now I will let it be. We managed to find her, after all--she was a girl that a breeder wanted to rehome because she was 4 yrs old & breeder was retiring her. So happy we have her! If I have to have a puppy someday, I'll probably try to find a breeder & get on a waiting list. Or go to our local animal shelter & get some other kind of breed--trouble is, I'm spoiled on Pugs!

Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I found all of my babies by happenstance so I think things come together when they are supposed to - just keep looking. Mine have come from Craig's List, the newspaper and word of mouth. You just never know when a baby will find you. Admittedly, though, Pugs are harder to find - that's how I ended up with 2 Chihuahua mixes but I love them dearly. Trust your gut instincts and I think you already do that.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Lu Ci and Ri Ki View Post
    I found all of my babies by happenstance so I think things come together when they are supposed to - just keep looking. Mine have come from Craig's List, the newspaper and word of mouth. You just never know when a baby will find you. Admittedly, though, Pugs are harder to find - that's how I ended up with 2 Chihuahua mixes but I love them dearly. Trust your gut instincts and I think you already do that.

I think you're right! We found Rugby in the Little Nickel want ads, & Lab Molly was given to us by our next door neighbor. I found Heidi on the internet when I was trying to find breeders in WA & looked on their websites. I happened to click on "Available Adults," & there she was, a very cute picture of her, with little butterflies "flitting" all around her! It was meant to be!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

It will happen and you will know the time is right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Rugbysmom like this.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

NO way will I pay that much for a Pug! All of mine have been rescues and I have been very blessed they were healthy and gave me years of love! Frank the one from last week was a contact from a lady I worked with years ago she is at the county shelter now. She came in to get her tag and said she was very sorry seems the girl opted for a home with L O T S of dogs "hoarder" I feel sorry for him he would have been a brother to one Pug and if landed here would have been in Pug Paradise! Hercules likes being an only last night he looked at Ollie moms dog and I could see "the look" just like when I sit hey aren't you supposed to live somewhere else when you leaving can I help you pack!?
    Rugbysmom likes this.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I'm sorry this one wasn't a good fit for you and didn't work out, but I am sure that the right pug will find you some day!
    Rugbysmom likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

+ Reply to Thread