can pugs swim? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can pugs swim?

nbad311 is offline Village VP

Quote Originally Posted by momluvzozzy
    My boys are not fond of the water.. We were in Maine one weekend and the boys got really dirty from playing the yard so we had to rinse them off in the lake. The water was only knee deep and here is a pic of my Ozzy trying to swim..

Haha, great action shot!

I know my Abbs can swim, but not very well. The only time she was ever in/near a pool was when I was in the pool too. Although she wasn't fond of swimming, I got the feeling that she liked being in the water if I was holding her. I *almost* got her jumping in the pool own her on free will (with my coaxing of corse, me being already in the water) on command the summer before I left New Hampshire... never did happen though!
    I think Peaches would be a good swimmer if she had the support of a life jacket, and she might like it too. But we've never tried. Poly could probably not swim and would probably dislike it if I made her try
    Jess, mother of Abby, Peaches, and Poly

With all this talk of drowning I have to post that I'm VERY careful around the pool with the puggies. My own human daughter drowned when she was 2 years old due to a neglectful babysitter.

Now these little guys are like my own kids and I am so over protective it's almost ridiculous. Hemi can swim like a fish but we started him out as a puppy, plus he's very light (about 12-14 pounds). At first, Brutis would sink like a rock ( a 28 pound rock), but he's slowly getting better. That said though, neither one of them is allowed by the pool without supervision.

Last summer me and my boy friend and his family went to the lake and we had bubbles there and we where on a boat and she seen birds flying in the air and she tried to chase them and jumped into the lake and sank for a second then came back up and by then we got her out with the fish net! it was scary!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123