Strange behavior?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange behavior?

Super Pug is offline Village Puppy

Default Strange behavior?

Cooper recently started doing something weird when I take him out to do his thing in the morning, and I was wondering if any of you fellow Pug owners out there have seen your babies do the same.

Spring is in the air and the birds are out chirping away in the morning here in Vancouver. It's the first time Cooper's heard birds so he's growling a bit and the hair along his back is standing up. The weird bit is, he's also alternately kicking his hind legs up as he's growling.

Anyone seen this before?

Blanche is offline Village Gaia

He's being a tough guy--that's all. The dirt kicking is a territorial/dominance display. Giving those birdies the "clear out" signal!!

Boogs Dad is offline Village Admiral

I had the same thing last week with Tucker. The woodpeckers moved to the front side cherry tree's. He is ok with the tweeting, but the tree knocking is driving him mad.

Todd,
    Puppys Dizzy, Corkey and Tucker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

KCHSpug is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by Blanche
    He's being a tough guy--that's all. The dirt kicking is a territorial/dominance display. Giving those birdies the "clear out" signal!!
    yup... you could always tell the difference between marking and having to actually pee when Jordy would go outside because he'd do the tough guy kick...

Yuka does it too, so I don't think it's just a guy thing lol that or I have a little tomboy on my hands (which I don't doubt anyway)

Blanche is offline Village Gaia

It's definitely not just a boy thing--My female Pom is the worst dirt kicker I've ever had--she can get real distance on a good clod of dirt.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Snifter HATES birds. Especially the bold blackbird that comes into our garden

Today for the first time he kicked up dirt after doing a poo. I thought it was in an effort to cover the poo (my friend's dog only kicks dirt when he poops) so I am interested to read it is a territorial/dominance display.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Haha, this is Murdock's first spring too and so far all he does is woo-woo at them when they chirp!

Neuschler and Leia do it inside the house even when they haven't gone to the bathroom. Its like chest thumping to primates.

Ebony has recently started doing the kicking thing too. I believe it has something to do with the large number of robins that are visiting our yard. Got her so upset last night that she actually woo-woo'ed at them .......

lovelandpug is offline Village Puppy

Abbey does the kicking thing after pooping. I always thought it was "I'm done now and did I ever do a good job!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast