Difference between black and fawn pugs - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between black and fawn pugs

Pugsleigh is offline Village Admiral

My Pugsleigh was a black baby that we got from a breeder.
    She was very hyper, tiny boned and petite, yet strong and muscular. She was patient and loving, but she did not like to be held, unless she was hurt or in pain (example after being spayed or sick).

She was very independent. She was curious, stubborn and naughty. all at the same time. She had a jealous nature, because she grew up with out any other pugs until she was 5 years old. I thought that all black pug babies were the same. She was our DIVA pug.

Now I wonder if that very description could describe any femal pug.
    All that I know is she is missed by me and my entire family and my
    little fawn Lola, is anything but perfect.

Kim W. is offline Village Harbourmaster

Wednesday is probably the sweetest of my bunch. She's short and stocky to put it nicely but not wild in any way. She is the one that sticks right by my side. Wesley the old black boy is just as mellow. Sometimes I have to check and see if he still has a pulse. He motors along at his own speed. Then there's Jed. Smart as a whip that one but he's my wild child. Heaven help me if he could see!! He will play non stop if I let him but on the other hand is sweet as pie. Ringo does the scream. So in my house it's the fawn ones that keep me on my toes.
    Mom to Pugsley, Wednesday, Hank, Ringo (failure 1), Wesley (failure 2) & Jed my little boy from Kansas.

Foster Mom to Tucker.

Missing Grandma Gert & Precious Percy at the Bridge.

Foster Coordinator Pugalug Pug Rescue

http://www.dogster.com/?72730 Pugsley
    http://www.dogster.com/?72737 Wednesday
    http://www.dogster.com/?72742 Hank
    http://www.dogster.com/?72750 Percy
    http://www.dogster.com/?133137 Ringo
    http://www.dogster.com/?155348 Wesley
    http://www.dogster.com/?234393 Jed
    http://www.dogster.com/?420663 Gertie

My boys that see with their hearts.

Pugsleigh is offline Village Admiral

I am going to consult with you for advice, Kim.
    My goal is for a "mellow" pug, although that
    future thought is still very far away.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

dlveck is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsleigh
    She was very hyper, tiny boned and petite, yet strong and muscular. She was patient and loving, but she did not like to be held, unless she was hurt or in pain (example after being spayed or sick).

She was very independent. She was curious, stubborn and naughty. all at the same time. She had a jealous nature, because she grew up with out any other pugs until she was 5 years old. I thought that all black pug babies were the same. She was our DIVA pug.

Now I wonder if that very description could describe any femal pug.
    Your description sounds like you know our little black devil Dinara personally. She gets into everything and then blames her fawn brother. We don't buy it though.

olivia is offline Village VP

I think all dogs are different, just depends on the dog, not the breed or color. Just like humans. I'm nothing like my brothers and sister. But you never know I suppose. Olivia is sweet, naughty, demanding and loving all at the same time. You never know what personality you're going to get with her. It just depends on her mood. Right now she's sleeping=she is sweet. Earlier she was barking at me and pulling on my pants because she wanted to leave=naughty and demanding.
    Erica** mom to Olivia (pug), Piper Jean (pug), Jack (pug) and Kapili (pitbull).
    At the Rainbow Bridge, Chloe, my spunky rat terrier and Buddy, our loveable pitbull.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugdawg1
    My black pug, Bentley, can try my patience like no other. He screams for anything and everything, he also moans, groans, mumbles and whines. Extremely vocal. All in all he's a hyped up puggy mental case, I swear. lol
    Hey, that's Indy!!! He's our black pug and ohhhhhh is he trying! But he's also super extra sweet. Hooligan is fawn, and very laid back. He's very much like Cindi's BJ! He moves for food, and that's about it. I have no idea whether it's color or just genes, Indy was a rescue so we have no idea of his first year of life.

My two fawns are MUCH easier to train. My black has an extreme wild streak and a need to climb like a cat!

Nell's Mom is offline Village Royalty

Nell is a screamer! She's just very vocal in general. She's my "problem child" (as if we didn't all know that already! ) She's very much a mama's girl and is very attached to me but she's not terribly social with others. She's perfectly friendly but doesn't like to be held unless it's on her terms. When we visit my parents, they try to hold her and cuddle her and she just squirms and kicks until she gets free. She's also very naughty. Lots of attention seeking behavior.

Lucy is a love and so was Hoover. Much more into cuddling and being held and giving kisses, etc. Nell is the only black I've ever had so I don't have a large sample size to compare but she's a pistol!

Pug of Perfection is offline Village VP

Quote Originally Posted by Two Crazy Pugs
    All I know is my little black pug girl is a wild child!!! She is into everything and is loved by everyone. She has quite a personality.

My fawn boy is really passive and loves his food. BJ is wonderful, and has a sweet temper, but has far less energy than Miss Gidget!
    Cindi, I just had to tell you - my cousin's pug is named Bobbie Jean (BJ for short), but she's a black pug! We started calling her BJ right off the bat cos the name fit so well!
    Mommy to Daruma Gene, the Pug of Perfection...and Roxi Lou, my sweet crazy furkid.

Always missing my sweet baby grandpug, Montgomery Marie - I will someday see you at the Rainbow Bridge, my sweet little girl - (05/25/07-08/13/10 - victim to PDE)

Boogs Dad is offline Village Admiral

A study done in the NFL about penalty's showed that the Oakland Raiders (the only team with black uniforms) received more penalty's then any other team. Upon study of the film it was found that the number of real offenses were equal but the refs were more likely to call penalties on the team in black. And didn't the Man In Black (Johny Cash for you silly youngsters who think I was speaking of Will Smith) spend some time in prison while Willy Nelson always managed to get of lightly for his many offenses?

That said I think there is a different dynamic in play here. The extra sunlight captured by the coats of our black puggys causes them to be a little more brain addled. They are bad to the bone.

Todd,
    Puppys Dizzy, Corkey and Tucker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast