Difference between black and fawn pugs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between black and fawn pugs

puglovernwburbs is offline Village Governor

Default Difference between black and fawn pugs

Hey there everyone. . . .

I am curious - is there any difference personality-wise between black and fawn pugs? I know that ALL pugs have different personalities (Spirit and Phoebe, both fawn are VERY different from each other), but I am curious about whether black pugs are different in personality as well as physically.
    Christine

Pug Mom to Spirit and Phoebe and now Kayleigh (our german shepherd puppy who is our "honorary pug")

"Agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." - George Eliot

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself." - Josh Billings

My God, Yes they are VERY different!! Blacks have a naughty gene that cannot be found in fawns Over the years we've had both colours and the blacks are like some other breed, puglike but with a touch of mischief thrown in, I've also found with a litter of 4 black puppies and a litter of 3 fawn puppies all reared the same the blacks all gravitated to the same set of teats and the fawns did the other. When they were weaned and eating out of a bowl together, the blacks all went to one side and the fawns the other. It wasn't a sex thing there were 6 girls and a boy. The black puppies came on qucker than the fawns too. I think they are the dominant colour in more ways than one!! But you just got to love 'em!

ViralMD is offline None

Why should they be different ? They're usually in the same litters and there's only so much you can do with genes.
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Candace is offline Village Admiral

I have only had one black foster. The rest are all fawn, as my own are. The black foster was a very quiet, well behaved little girl. She has become quite the diva, since she was adopted. I think that has to do more with her people spoiling her than her genes.
    But, I don't have much experience with blacks. The fawns are all different in their personalities.
    ~ Mookie 7 Yrs. ~ Salvador 9 Yrs. ~ Mocha 8 Yrs. ~
    My cats
    Lily 16yrs.
    and Rosie 18yrs., waiting at the Bridge
    Rescue a pug www.pugalug.com
    Pugalug Rescue Application Coordinator
    Fostermom to Vincent

pugmomcarol is offline Village Governor

Many many people on these forum and others have said there diffently is a diffence between black and fawn pugs.I have one black male and he is diffently more devilish then my fawns..But I guess that is just some people opinions..I would think others will responded more..
    Carol,Blossom,Oscar,Rosie and Tug
    Carol,Oscar,Tug, Rosie

My experience is that the black pugs seem to be a bit more delicately boned than the fawns...but maybe that is just my personal experience. Alice made a good point...I guess I would have to compare full litters with both black and fawn pups to truly make that assumption.

In my home, Moki is more vocal, pushier, more playful...generally a more high maintenence dog than the fawns. She has also been harder to train, in housebreaking and obedience. I love my little high maintence girl!

Pug of Perfection is offline Village VP

My cousin has a fawn and a black pug - Bobbie Jean, the black pug (Rumy's sister) is much more mischievous than Bentley, the fawn pug.

Also, I've heard from a lot of different people, as well as experienced it myself - black pugs have this weird prediliction for screaming. Rumy will do this weird scream every now and then - kinda like a howl turning into a scream that sounds like a woman screaming. I heard another black pug do it at a pug meet up and the owner told me all their black pugs did it, but the fawns didn't.
    Mommy to Daruma Gene, the Pug of Perfection...and Roxi Lou, my sweet crazy furkid.

Always missing my sweet baby grandpug, Montgomery Marie - I will someday see you at the Rainbow Bridge, my sweet little girl - (05/25/07-08/13/10 - victim to PDE)

bugs is offline Village VP

My fawn pug does that scream.
    Colleen Carter
    Jill, Buck, & Gabby
    "Folks will know how large your soul is by how you treat a dog." - C. Doran

Pugdawg1 is offline Village Baker

My black pug, Bentley, can try my patience like no other. He screams for anything and everything, he also moans, groans, mumbles and whines. Extremely vocal. All in all he's a hyped up puggy mental case, I swear. lol
    Marnie & Winston
    Always and forever missing her Oscar.

Two Crazy Pugs is offline Village Royalty

All I know is my little black pug girl is a wild child!!! She is into everything and is loved by everyone. She has quite a personality.

My fawn boy is really passive and loves his food. BJ is wonderful, and has a sweet temper, but has far less energy than Miss Gidget!
    Cindi-

Pug Momma to two crazy pugs...BJ and Gidget
    Mommy to Peyton Grace and Brinley Anne!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast