Question: Pug Measurements?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Pug Measurements?

Melissa is offline Village Senator

Question Question: Pug Measurements?

I was looking online at some clothes for Gidget. She has some from when I first got her at 12 weeks old, but those definitely DO NOT fit her now. She is 9 months old, and about 18 pounds.

So, I am on www.moderntails.com and, if my measurements are correct, Gidget wears a size X-Large. Can that be right?? I mean, I guess if the sight is mainly for petite, carry-on dogs... Anyway, I was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind sharing your pug's measurements. I know all pugs are a bit differently built, but I'd like to get an average.

Here are Gidget's measurements:
    Neck: 15"
    Neck to base of tail: 16"
    Chest: 23"
    Melissa
    Owned by Gidget and Marshall

Ok. After searching all through the site mentioned above, I found the only pug on the entire site:

WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN??
    Their clothes are too expensive anyway. Humph...
    Melissa

Lemon is offline Village Admiral

Lemon wears a small in most brands, but an XL in Puppia. Correction: She doesn't wear most brands because they don't fit pugs. She's a 13" neck, 19" chest, and 11" from neck to tail.
    Kathleen (and Lemon, too!)

©Amanda Jones Photography

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Melissa, don't feel bad, they are just jealous Pugs are SO cute!

Anyway Co-Pilot now wears anywhere from a medium to a X-large depending on the maker. Look at it this way do you wear the same size at Gap vs. Roxy??? I don't!
    Co-Pilot weights about 14lbs and here are her measurements:

Neck: 13"
    Neck to Base of Tail:13"
    Chest: 19"

Wow her length has been 13" since she was 7 months old I think! I guess she just grows in width, LOL. Also keep in mind she is not a year old yet, so she may "fill out" more.

Oh and I LOVE shopping for Pug clothes and am know to find deal, what are you looking for. Maybe I could make a suggestion?

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

I know that the site I was looking at is made basically for "designer dogs" so the clothes would be made a bit small. I found some of the same clothes that were on other sites for $20+ on PetEdge for under $10. I'm not looking for anything specific. Just looking until I find something that Gidget has GOT to have.
    Melissa

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    Lemon wears a small in most brands, but an XL in Puppia. Correction: She doesn't wear most brands because they don't fit pugs. She's a 13" neck, 19" chest, and 11" from neck to tail.

Kathleen, she wears an XL in Puppia clothes, not the harness right?
    Wow, looking at Lemon and Co-Pilot's measurements, I can see that it would be mighty easy for me to do some shopping for Lemon, when is her b-day again?

Oh and just FYI to all, Juicy recently revamped the cut of their clothes and the run a lot bigger now, so they fit our puggies! I am not sure what size, I will have to take Co-Pilot to try them on.

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

just fyi - try the human section of target - ferdie wears a 2T in "izod-style" shirts, and madras plaid cotton tend to be a 3t - with some hemming - I put buttonholes in the back for the leash to hook to the harness - Bella wears usually an 18month - 24 month in the onsie dresses! They are always much cheaper and adorable - they also have the baby underwear onsies - I go by weight usually on those as the necks are bigger anyway to accomodate babies heads - then just put them on with the back at the chest and the front at the back and then the tail fits perfectly if you don't snap the middle snap - much cheaper than pet store clothes

Bella - I've been wondering about using children's clothing. What are your pugs measurements?

I've not measured them - but Bella weighs 19 pounds but she has a very long swan-like neck, no folds, a very trim waist and slim hips and I think a longer length than most pugs - she was a rescue - Ferdie at his normal weight (he's down 4 pounds as he's been sick) weighs 20 pounds but he's shorter, and not as long but with a broader chest and a few folds. So basically if they were human kids she'd be shopping in the slim section and he'd be in the husky section! In the avatar - Ferdie is the one doing the kissing and Bella is the recipient - that was her first day at our house!

jwestoverpug is offline Village Royalty

All my pugs measure pretty closely the same.

11"-12" neck
    11"-12" topline
    about 17" chest (right behind the front legs)

I've found very few things that really fit. We have coats from www.caninestyles.com that fit great, and some sweaters but that's about it. I can't stand it when the neck on sweaters/shirts starts to creep down. It looks so pathetic.

Jesse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast