is Rudy fat? *pics*
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is Rudy fat? *pics*

Default is Rudy fat? *pics*

~8 weeks old when we got him, probably 9 lbs:

5 months old, 23 lbs:

the vet has been saying that he was going to be big ever since he was about 12 lbs, is this normal?

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Rudy is CUTE! From those pictures I do not see fat! He might be a big Pug, but again, I am not seeing fat.

"Normal", there is not normal! I think we have Pugs on here from 10-30lbs. Miss Co-Pilot is right in the middle at 14lbs, and most people think she's tiny when they meet her.

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

FourteenLegs is offline Village Diva

Trust me, Rudy is definitely not fat!! He looks pretty good. A lot of vets seem to just say that, they have no idea. And he's really cute, too!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Check out the PugVillage Books - buy one from HERE and help rescue.

Rona and the Principessas Imogen and Pearl. Holding in our hearts forever LouLou and Puck who have been reunited at the Bridge.
    All my babies at the Bridge - LouLou, Puck, Piaff, Donato, Persia, Dragon, Smugs, (Pugs) and Madam and her son Woolfie (horses).

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

at 20 lbs, when i took him in for his last shot, the vet was like..whoa! she said he had no fat on him, he was just big and healthy.

Oscar's tipping the scales at 17 at 6 months old. Everyone's agreeing, he's going to be a big boy. Did you meet Rudy's parents? were they big? That can give you a better expectation of how big he's likely to get. Oscar's parents were 32 and 30 lbs, father and mother respectively. We were expecting him to be big. Still, that sack of potatoes bounding at you can be surprising once he reaches your sternum

Quote Originally Posted by Fourteen Legs View Post
    A lot of vets seem to just say that, they have no idea.
    I have to agree with Rona. Rudy does not look fat at all. My Jasmine is on the small side(13lbs) and the Vet told me that she needs to lose weight. I told them I wanted to see another vet and when the new Dr. came to examine her he said she is fine and at a great weight for her size. Some vets just don't know pugs. I've learned that from this site. It makes me a better owner because now I'm more educated and will speak up, rather than just take their opinion on something...

Guido'sMum is offline Village Senator

I've read that the "technical" way to tell if your pug is overweight or underweight is:
    Underweight - can feel and SEE ribs
    Average - can feel ribs but DON'T see them
    Overweight - can't see OR feel ribs
    But as I say... Guido isn't fat... he's just big boned!!! :ireland:

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by Guido'sMum View Post
    I've read that the "technical" way to tell if your pug is overweight or underweight is:
    Underweight - can feel and SEE ribs
    Average - can feel ribs but DON'T see them
    Overweight - can't see OR feel ribs
    I agree. And also you should be able to see at least a hint of a waistline when viewing from above. If your vet says he is fine, then go with that, and be very glad that you have a sensible vet. Mine thinks Snifter should look like a whippet. When we last went in Snifter had lost some weight after a nasty sickness episode. The vet said "oh good, his diet is working well". I said "he most certainly is not on a diet, I am trying to get a bit of weight back on him, and by the way he has twice been told he is too thin for showing!" The vet just gave a hollow laugh. But he didn't respond by saying that I should not be trying to get a bit of weight back on him, so I think he secretly agrees with me and just won't admit it.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Eph91 is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Snifter View Post
    When we last went in Snifter had lost some weight after a nasty sickness episode. The vet said "oh good, his diet is working well". I said "he most certainly is not on a diet, I am trying to get a bit of weight back on him, and by the way he has twice been told he is too thin for showing!" The vet just gave a hollow laugh. But he didn't respond by saying that I should not be trying to get a bit of weight back on him, so I think he secretly agrees with me and just won't admit it.
    Have you changed vets?
    -Eph91 (Lex)
    and pugs:

Emmet

Wallace

I think Rudy looks great! Follow your own instincts, my vet told me Cooper looked great when I thought he was WAY too thin. He's going on 2 now, and weighs 25 pounds now and I think he looks perfect!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast