Someone suggested we put a few bay leaves around the kitchen and bathroom to get rid of sugar ants but I don't want to use them if they're harmful for Conway. I did a search on the internet and found a bunch of links that said they *are* poisonous if you ingest them and another bunch of links that said they are *not*.
I have heard that they ARE poisonous!
The ASPCA doesn't list them at all...not on the toxic list but not on the non-toxic list either... Sorry I guess this doesn't help.
Pam - owned by Roxie (almost 12 yrs) , Lola (14 yrs), and Olivia (almost 9 yrs)
And Taylor, who showed me how to be loved by a pug,waits at the bridge. Mommy loves you! You will forever be in my heart.
And never to forget, the sweetest pug ever Tasha who is at the bridge with her sister.
And very sadly now, my baby boy Boris.
Love is to wake up cuddling a pug.
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.
-- Author Unknown
I've hear they are poisonous for humans, but I don't know about pets. I'd rather not take the chance.
Slave to Edgar Allen Pug
Forever missing Winston 1-18-2005 to 5-16-2011
Always in my heart
Bay laurel (used for cooking) is harmless. to both humans and animals. Mountain laurel (a flowering plant, not a true laurel) is poisonous.
Sheila, owned by Paddy the Wonderpug
Save the planet; it's the only one with red wine, chocolate, and pugs
I'm going to have to look into this, because i cook with them.
Asia And Ambers Mom
I cook with them too and in fact did for dinner tonight.
Try a sprinkling of cinnamon instead - not the kind mixed with sugar of course.
"You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html
Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.
I don't know about poison but I have heard that whole bay leaves are not digestable. We use them in the cabinets to keep bugs out but I always make sure they are out of the reach of Mason!
Mason's Mama (aka: Melinda)
Mom to furbabies Mason and Eddie, and human baby Ian.
They are not poisonous -- but the sharp edges can lacerate the digestive tract. if accidentally ingested.
Even when you use dried bay leaves in cooking (for humans), you remove the bay leaf before you serve the dish. The leaves are only left in to add flavor during the cooking process.