What size of Puppia Harness should I buy?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size of Puppia Harness should I buy?

Default What size of Puppia Harness should I buy?

I would like to buy a Puppia Harness for my pug. He weighs 20lbs, so is borderline between Large and Extra large. He is not a very large or overweight pug. I would say he is a medium sized pug.

Before I make the purchase, I just wanted to see what other pug owners have for their pugs. I am leaning more towards the XL size, but want to make sure I can adjust the size smaller if I need to.

Thanks for your help!

Pugsleigh is offline Village Admiral

I got a medium for an 18 pound pug and it fit perfectly.
    It really depends on his or her chest size.
    ideally it would be best if you could try one on.
    I personally always get things much too big.

Chest size is important. Levi has big chest and weighs 23 pds. and his L fits good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

i BOUGHT a Medium for China and a Small for Zoe...MISTAKE...they (puppia) run small...the Small fits my rat terrier since he's little chested...Med. went to Zoe..So I bought an XL for China she's brawny, but she weighs 20 pounds, it's a lil big, I adjusted it as small as I could..she can still use a large..but I just make do.

Be sure you know they run small...so I would go more for the Large for him.

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Take his measurements! Co-PIlot is a 16 1/2 pound pug girl and she can wear a medium but a large is much better for her, she has a 13" neck and a 22" chest.

It's important to get the correct size as the neck is not adjustable and you don't want it tight but if you get a whole size bigger than needed he will be able to back out of it.

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

I too found that they run small . . . my 15 pound Wallace, who is of medium build, was too big for the medium Puppia, but fits the large perfectly.

Marley recently got a L and an XL. The perfect size for him would be somewhere in the middle. They both look fine on him but the L JUST fits in the neck area and the XL fits fine when he has a hoodie underneath (still a TINY bit bigger/longer than I would like). The waist is adjustable so its really the neck area you have to be sure about. Out of the two, I think the L fits a little better. Marley is about 23 pounds, so I think your baby would be a L too.

not sure if this will help any..

they both look small in the pictures, but here is the l (top) and xl.

since the middle area is longer than the L's middle area, it sits further down on his back. its not a huge deal b/c the part where the leash hooks is sewn in higher up.

ideally, i would want it to end here and will probably get it hemmed.

l

xl

The neck was an issue for me. Lola weighs 13 pounds, is very small in build, and a size medium fits her 'comfortably.' If girlfriend gains 1/2 a pound that's it for this puppia. It would be fine around the chest but the neck would be too snug.
    Maggie on the other hand will not fit in one at all (although I have not been able to find a store in our area that carries an XL) due to her neck rolls. She weighs 24 pounds and is very stocky. The thing looked ridiculous on her let alone uncomfortable.
    Also, printed puppias run smaller than the solid colored mesh ones. So basically I would not suggest buying online. It's too complicated....

I found the neck to be an issue also. Missy is 17lbs and the medium fit her around the chest but I felt like the neck was too tight. So I got her the large. Cooper is 25lbs and fits comfortably in the XL.

Becky- a Large should fit Pugsley just fine! As long as you're getting the style like Marley has- I got the new style that just goes over the legs for Misty, and got a Large, and it was very tiny! It wouldn't even fit Suki- that's the one I sent to little Tallulah!

Both my girls wear a large, and since they're adjustable, they fit both of them great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast