When do puppies calm down? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When do puppies calm down?

Pug of Perfection is offline Village VP

Oh, you should have seen me last night. D has company over and I'm having a nice chat with her BF, when Gummi crawls right up, sticks her *ahem* back end right in my face, and then takes a flying leap across from the love seat to the sofa right into HIS chest, trying to bite poor Rumy in the hindquarters.

We also have the morning routine, which was annoying at first, but is kinda endearing now. When I get ready to put my pants on, she will sit attentively on the floor waiting for me to extend my legs into the pants, then she will grab the pants and shake them (apparently checking for bugs or stickers or stray threads, hahaha). If I try and sneak them on, she just sits right in front of me patiently waiting. I feel guilty if she doesn't get to play "the pants game" in the morning because it brings her so much pleasure.
    Mommy to Daruma Gene, the Pug of Perfection...and Roxi Lou, my sweet crazy furkid.

Always missing my sweet baby grandpug, Montgomery Marie - I will someday see you at the Rainbow Bridge, my sweet little girl - (05/25/07-08/13/10 - victim to PDE)

gordiesmom is offline Village Mayor

pug of perfection... I'm dying laughing her.

The way you describe your little one is my Gabbie to a tee. Runs outside, is distracted by everything, eats sticks, comes in... poops wherever she pleases.

She does the flying squirrel trick too.

I try to feed her second, but she attacks Gordie's bowl (where he sits nice and patient until I get to him)... if the princess doesn't get fed first.

Silly nutty pugs:-)
    Kim
    Mom to Gordie and Gabbie

http://www.curlytailpugrescue.org

thank you all for your replies and your words of support! i guess it's just a matter of waiting until they grow out of their "puppydom" (well, unless she turns out to be a naturally energetic pug into her adult years, like bubba and jewel!) i suppose i should appreciate the cute little antics while she's still a puppy, but sometimes, it's hard to laugh when she's humping my chihuahua, jumping on my rottie, taking things out of the trash, pugtona-ing everywhere w/ her muddy little paws, and pulling my hair w/ her teeth...

oh, and gummi sounds EXACTLY like doughy! it's kind of reassuring to know that doughy's not a complete hyper freak. i didn't realize raising a puppy would be this hard! but i do love her. how can i not love this face?

Last edited by cookiedough; 01-31-2008 at 09:13 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Blanche is offline Village Gaia

Uh oh. That's a bad face. That's a face with trouble written all over it.

Nah--she's not nuts, she's just a puppy. They are all wingnuts. Some stop being wingnuts and some don't. My Hazel who is at least 7 or 8 is still a wingnut and she's blind to boot. I often say if she was sighted, she'd be intolerable.

Sadly, people think that pugs are born calm. Nope. Most are just as loonie as puppies as any other breed. It's just that there is hope that they will calm down.......eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanche View Post
    Uh oh. That's a bad face. That's a face with trouble written all over it.
    That's what I thought too....T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!
    Freddy Jones mellowed out even before he hit 2 years old. But he still has his moments. Especially when he doesn't get any exercise. If he gets regular exercise, he's good as gold.

Luvbean25 is offline Village B'Dazzlin' Show Girl

Their "calmness" is mainly genetic. The are born with their temperament to be mellow, wild, crazy or naughty. However, early intervention such as training can help some issues.

Sarina
    Mommy to: Sebastian
    Pugs: Chloe, Emma, Scarlett, & Milani

"The discipline of desire is the background of character".

hahaha, i love how y'all think doughy's face just portends TROUBLE. as a matter of fact, i have proof of some of her crazy ways. (Ignore the voices in the background). oh, and pug of perfection, you captured doughy's antics perfectly in your description of gummy (for example, the lack of personal space and attacking pants as they're being put on on in the morning--doughy does that too!!)

Doughy attacking a stuffed bear:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITrZpl_jKI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12