Live Pug Puppy Web Cam!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Live Pug Puppy Web Cam!

Talking Live Pug Puppy Web Cam!

I came across this and wanted to share. Hopefully Im not re-posting!

http://snortspuppies.camstreams.com/

Last edited by TheBailesFamily; 04-08-2008 at 01:52 PM.

While my partner and I are at work we have the webcam on little Gossamer to watch what he gets up to while mum and dad are away :P We can watch it remotely from a web browser at work.

It has been very entertaining to say the least :) and makes those hours apart seem not so bad for us!

Great find! the baby is adorable!

ThePerchik is offline Village Puppy

What is your setup? Are you using any particular software? I was looking into doing this using Windows Media Encoder.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

cole is offline Village Mayor

That is so cool! I wish I was the least bit tech savvy.
    -Cole-
    Mommy to Punim

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I did a long time back to keep track of my grandma's cleaning lady. I am thinking its easier now. If there is any interest in this, I can try and put something together, either write a program or a how-to using current stuff so that anyone can get this going. You would need a webcam, download some software and install it.

Is anyone actually interested?

Cool. Something to watch when I'm at work missing my own pug babies.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePerchik View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a long time. I did a long time back to keep track of my grandma's cleaning lady. I am thinking its easier now. If there is any interest in this, I can try and put something together, either write a program or a how-to using current stuff so that anyone can get this going. You would need a webcam, download some software and install it.

Is anyone actually interested?
    I'm kinda interested, I don't know how all this webcam stuff is supposed to work but I'm taking a trip in late July and the place I'm boarding Max and Peek at does not have webcams set up yet. Maybe there's away I could set it up for them so I can look in on my babies while on vacation.

In thinking about this I think i will do it. I am gonna take some time and do some research and report back.

All you would need is a good internet connection, preferably cable. DSL will do as well. You will need a webcam (possibly specific brand, TBD after research) and a computer.

SmidgensPop is offline Village Puppy

If it's any help, we use the Panasonic BL-C131 cameras (Amazon).

There's unfortunately a lot of other network setup required to make cameras like this work, and I'm no good at explaining any of it, but I will vouch for the quality of these cameras and their ease of use. Aside from peeking in on our little girl periodically, we record the hours around when the dog walker shows up, just in case something seems wrong when we get home.

I know back then I did it with a $15 webcam and 2 or three programs jimmied to work together. Obviously I couldn't control movement but it worked. $300 for a camera is a lot.

+ Reply to Thread