Is my pug freakish? (pics) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Is my pug freakish? (pics)

GAPugLover is offline Village Senator

Great pictures of Toby, he sure is handsome and very very adorable and precious!! I loved all of them.
    June
    My Pug Angels:
    Samantha & Bridget
    "Pugs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole."
    Bridget (November 5th), Samantha (March 20th), and Mine (June 25th)

My first pug, Ledo, was pretty "leggy", too. I remember I had a picture of him with me when a friend and I went to a dog show. It was shortly after I got him and I was SO excited to talk about him and see other pugs. I approached a woman with a gorgeous little pug she was showing, and was gushing about how much I loved the breed and how I had a new pug- I showed her the picture and she rudely said, "He's too leggy to be a pug. He has to be a mix". He was NOT a mix, just not show-standard, I was so offended!

So, at any rate, they do come in all shapes and sizes, but whatever the shape or size, they all come with lots of love!

Shawnee has pretty long legs for a pug, too. It seems to work to her advantage: she can reach higher and pull things out of the trash, leap bar stools in a single bound, race around the house...you know, useful things like that. She's still not too big- 19 lbs. She's just a little taller than everyone else.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

mushusmom is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by SaraFaust View Post
    My first pug, Ledo, was pretty "leggy", too. I remember I had a picture of him with me when a friend and I went to a dog show. It was shortly after I got him and I was SO excited to talk about him and see other pugs. I approached a woman with a gorgeous little pug she was showing, and was gushing about how much I loved the breed and how I had a new pug- I showed her the picture and she rudely said, "He's too leggy to be a pug. He has to be a mix". He was NOT a mix, just not show-standard, I was so offended!

So, at any rate, they do come in all shapes and sizes, but whatever the shape or size, they all come with lots of love!

What a witch that woman was. She probably considers her dogs nothing but an investment. Wench.
    Meredith, Libby & Mushu

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Wonka is tall and long-legged, too. That just makes it easier for him to leap tall buildings in a single bound Wonka is about 3" taller than 'breed standard' - but that just means there's more of him to love!
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Quote Originally Posted by shaynapug View Post
    A pug is a pug is a pug!!!!!

It depends on the breeding...but ALL pugs are special and loveable!!!!

At 7 months all pugs go through a leggy stage too!
    What Diane said.. A 7-month-old pug is a 'teenager', and has the awkward, leggy stage to go thru.

My sweet Thelma & Louisie went thru that stage:

But became lovely ladies when they were grown:

I miss them both so much, but these pics bring a smile to my face.

Funaek likes this.

ZoeZoesmom is offline Village Royalty

Just goes to show, just like people, Pugs come in all shapes and sizes. DD boy has longer legs than Zoe and I think they are both perfect in my eyes.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

~Maya Angelou

@}-;-Dawn, Momma to Diesel my Pug love and Sicily the tiny Chihuahua ...my loves
    Missing my big boy...^Tuxedo^, Mommy's Landseer and my heart ^Zoe ^my first Pug❤️
    Gizmo my purr-baby, ^Dega^ , my furry angel watching over me from The Rainbow Bridge

Milissa is offline Village Governor

Red face

How Funny I was wondering the same thing!!! Doyle has long legs and that is all I hear from people! But I think he looks great! And I kind of hope he stays tall and skiney! I dont know about the fixing him thing though because he is not fixed and he is tall so it just depends on their family I think!
    MOM TO MY LITTLE PRINCE DOYLE

http://photobucket.com/Doyle

Puggirl91 is offline New to the Village

My baby Loki is 6 months & leggy. I won't love him less if he stays that way, but I do wish he would grow out of it! :-)

BabyKash is offline Village Mayor

Kash is going through a leggy phase too. He's trimming down since we go on frequent walks and he seems to be all legs now. Oh well, who cares. As long as you love your pug, we cant judge. Afterall, I would feel horrible if Kash thought I was fat, lol.
    CSollers likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast