Do you let your pug sleep with you? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Do you let your pug sleep with you?

Milosmom is offline Village Royalty

All the furries sleep with us and I wouldn't have it any other way. [3 pugs + 1 kitty]
    We upgraded to a king size bed just to accomodate them.
    I've never slept much at night so having wee little puppies in the bed and worrying of accidents wasn't an issue for me and I can honestly say we never had one puppy piddle in the bed.
    DH worked 11p-7a when Milo first arrived. I dropped my bed to the floor and made him a nice cozy safe den space next to my head with his little crate, fleece liner & his heartbeat puppy in it , heated mat over fleece around the crate all fenced off so he couldn't roam away. For the first while, I slept with my hand in his den or because DH wasn't home, I'd put him into bed with me snuggled in his fleece blankie and we slept that way until my day started at 6:00.
    He now sleeps on my left side snuggled under my arm every night.
    Remi was a wee little thing who was a bit sick right off so he was levied to the den crate for quite some time at night allowing him to really rest and heal. Once he passed that episode, he was in the bed with us to and then he grew... hence the investment in a bigger bed . He sleeps on my knees every night.
    Then came 6 mo old Drago. Rescued from the outside and not having a clue what a human bed was ,scared of men (and still doesn't think much of my DH 2 years later), an eye injury and scared witless, the first night here I bundled him up and took him with me. It was heartbreaking because he didn't know what to do. He sat on my pillow almost all night long shivering from fear trying to figure things out. I laid awake all night in tears feeling soooo bad for him but I kept talking to him telling him it was going to be alright. Finally he laid down about 5AM and I woke at 6 to him sleeping on my head snoring peacefully , he now sleeps on my right side tightly snuggled in a ball next to my stomach and gets a royal case of grumpy-itis if someone tries to encroach on his spot.
    I believe each person to their own as to where their furry kids sleep and there is no "wrong" but for me, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Sarah
    ~*Mickey, Milo & Dragos Mom*~
    Always missing *^Remi Pug^ & ^Loli Pom^*

Not Afraid is offline Village Admiral

Thurston always sleeps with us. Now, I find I can't sleep without him. Last night he feel asleep in his bed in the living room. I had to get up and wake the sleepy boy and bring him to bed. He sleeps like little human in the winter - under the covers, head on my pillow, spooning with me. In the summer, he sleeps on top of the covers usually at our feet. We also usually have at least a few cats with us as well. Queen sized bed + 2 people both 6' tall + 5 or so animals makes us pretzel people at times, but I love it.
    "If I were a pediatrician and a mother told me, "it's just too hard making healthy food everyday for my kid, I'm just going to feed Total cereal everyday, it's 100% nutritionally complete," we'd all feel sorry for her kid. I am a vet, and when people tell me "I've found a really good dry food, I think I'...ll feed it everyday for the rest of my pets life," why don't we feel equally sad?" Dr. Karen Becker

Eeew....... I couldn't have a dog or a cat in bed with me. I find Pug hair in the strangest of places as it is without inviting hair into my bed.

Mine sleep downstairs all together in their 'bedroom'. They have an assortment of mats, snuggle beds and their very own lounge to sleep on.

My cat sleeps usually on the lounge downstairs, or in her bed in the loungeroom.

Can I ask a rather ...personal.... umm... question? What do you do with the dogs when you want to have sex??

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Not Afraid is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Can I ask a rather ...personal.... umm... question? What do you do with the dogs when you want to have sex??
    I've found that it's better just to let Thurston be bored and go to sleep on the bed than to try and lock him out and have him scratching on the door (which he will do incessantly!). Is that considered kinky sex? After 25 years of togetherness, maybe a little kink isn't such a bad thing. ;)
    "If I were a pediatrician and a mother told me, "it's just too hard making healthy food everyday for my kid, I'm just going to feed Total cereal everyday, it's 100% nutritionally complete," we'd all feel sorry for her kid. I am a vet, and when people tell me "I've found a really good dry food, I think I'...ll feed it everyday for the rest of my pets life," why don't we feel equally sad?" Dr. Karen Becker

Oh wow, I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy one here. Oh wait, that's why I come back here all the time, cuz I'm NOT the only crazy one!

I have five pugs, and insist they all sleep with DH and I. We have a king size bed. If we do go out of town without them, I find it harder to sleep, but DH appreciates the rest he's able to get.

I find it funny how similar we pug owners are. I also use the special pug language "SCOOTCH" and "SNUGGLEBUG."

I can't believe you brought up the sex question! Not gonna go there! Want to, but not gonna!

When quasi-normal people (not pug people) ask me how I can sleep with five pugs in the bed, I ask them how they can sleep without five pugs in their bed. I explain that they are like having live teddy bears to sleep with. Isn't that what we all dreamt of while growing up?

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

You are completely normal! Don't you feel better now?

Yes Co-Pilot sleeps with us, but it's just in most recent months she has REALLY made herself at home and is a bed hog! She also now, has to be touching me, she also likes to dig and sleep on our pillows during the day, nah not spoiled at all!

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

puglouie is offline Village VP

Louie and Chamuco both sleep with us. Chamuco is easy as he usually burrows under the covers and sleeps by our feet (though I started a thread about what he did last night). He's a rag doll pretty much so if he gets in a spot that makes one of us uncomfortable, we can move him out of the way and he doesn't seem to mind.

Louie is not quite as malleable. He's bigger -- 25 pounds -- and a lot of that is muscle so pushing him out of the way is not so easy. And for whatever reason, he tends to growl when my husband tries to move him. Weird, I know.

He has this noise he makes that's so funny. We call it the "old man" sound. He's not a cuddler but he often likes to sleep with his head on my husband's leg or back. I find it interesting that he clearly prefers me over my husband in everything else. He just doesn't like to sleep on me -- my husband can't understand why Louie is always hogging his side of the the bed.

The colder it gets outside, the higher up on the bed Louie will sleep. So in the winter, he'll between us, curled up near the head of the bed.

Incidentally, last night when I got up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night, I came back to find Louie had curled up on my pillows! He took my spot, if you can believe it. I didn't have the heart to push him aside so I just contorted in a way so that I was using the part of the pillow he wasn't. I knew he would move eventually -- he hates cuddling. Poor guy must have gone through some bad stuff wherever he was before we rescued him. So I nuzzled into his back and after about 10 minutes of this torture, he finally moved.

Louie and Chamuco of Pug Hill

HomerNMarge is offline Village Royalty

Homer, Marge & Bart sleep with us.. They have since day 1. Millhouse doesn't clam down enough to sleep with us. He's always moving around and ancy in the big bed. He sleeps in the bathroom with his blanket & pillow. I love when they sleep with us.. Marge sleeps like a human, and will get under the covers and work her head out on to the pillow!
    Cindy
    owned by:

"Enjoy the flavor of life, Take big bites!"

Candace is offline Village Admiral

Yes, they let me share the bed with them! I have my own three and whatever foster is here, sleeps on the bed too.
    Mookie has to be the closest and cuddles right into me.
    ~ Mookie 7 Yrs. ~ Salvador 9 Yrs. ~ Mocha 8 Yrs. ~
    My cats
    Lily 16yrs.
    and Rosie 18yrs., waiting at the Bridge
    Rescue a pug www.pugalug.com
    Pugalug Rescue Application Coordinator
    Fostermom to Vincent

bumble is offline Village Hooker

You mean I have a choice?

I heard a wonderful description of a bed:

"sleeps two pugs comfortably, two humans cautiously"
    Sheila, owned by Paddy the Wonderpug