Do you let your pug sleep with you? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Do you let your pug sleep with you?

thetses is offline Village Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post

Can I ask a rather ...personal.... umm... question? What do you do with the dogs when you want to have sex??
    BAH HA HA HA! Ya know, when we first got Lola it was a struggle and I wanted to ask but was too embarrassed. She was always an independant dog but for some reason when we would start kissing or doing anything she would suddenly be so interested in us...sniffing...trying to lick...we could trick her to come to us by kissing :cheshire: Needless to say it was awkward...our problems were solved with the wonderful crate with a sheet over it...

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by puglouie View Post

Incidentally, last night when I got up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night, I came back to find Louie had curled up on my pillows! He took my spot, if you can believe it. I didn't have the heart to push him aside so I just contorted in a way so that I was using the part of the pillow he wasn't. I knew he would move eventually -- he hates cuddling. Poor guy must have gone through some bad stuff wherever he was before we rescued him. So I nuzzled into his back and after about 10 minutes of this torture, he finally moved.
    AH ha! Co-Pilot is a spot stealer too! But only my spot (not hubby's) and I DO make her move when I return (meanie I know!) I"m convinced she loves me at a level that she's just keeping my spot warm, she does not protest much when I move her.

On the days I get up REALLY early, she just takes my spot for me. Part of me would like to think she knows I'm the alpha and that it's the best spot, but I may be dreaming!

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

jaymiej is offline Village Mayor

Both Bandit and Bridget sleep in our bed - bandit generally will sleep up against my stomach with his paw on my side and bridget will snuggle up to my back, and when chris goes to work of a weekend and i stay in bed Bandit will take his place and snuggle up to me holding my hand in his paws!

I couldnt sleep without them!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sixteenpaws View Post
    You should see the looks I get when I say I sleep with all 7 pugs in the bed. If I'm lucky, they give me some space on the pillow.
    WOW!

Emma sleeps with us but Tyson is still in his crate at night. Judging by my husband's nightly apologies to the little guy, I figure he'll be in our bed too when he doesn't have accidents anymore!

SacramentoPugs is offline Village Governor

I've shared a bed with Rhoda for 11 years now, and Marlee joined us her first night home two years ago. Both are very cuddly in bed, and now that it's getting colder at night, they're extra-super-duper snuggly.

I can't sleep without a pug in the bed anymore. The couple of times I've spent a night in a hotel without them, I found it impossible to fall asleep. It's not just the cuddling, either -- Marlee snores like a hibernating bear and I find it incredibly soothing somehow.
    Dee Dee and Marlee

I've always allowed all of mine to sleep in the bed.

4 pugs + 1 heavy woman = not much space. But I wouldn't have it any other way!

akc0104 is offline Village Mayor

I have a king sized bed. Most nights I have 2 pugs, a cat and a 5 year old who sneaks in with me. It's really crowded when the 9 year old has a nightmare.
    -- Lisa

with Sneaky - the grumpy old man
    and always missing Schuyler - the original bad dog : ) and Chloe - my good girl

And Matilda - "When she was good she was very,very good. But when she was bad she was horrid."

glebou is offline Village Admiral

Moe has slept with me since the day I brought him home.

Kewpie has a little - ummmm - bladder problem, and as much as I love her, and as sweet as she is, she sleeps on a cushion on the floor by my side of the bed. She seems happy about it; she has asked to get up on teh bed only a couple times in the 3+ years I've had her.
    Gaye

Mom to Snafu DeLaRue, Dylan Thomcat and Thomcat Becket (Archbishop of Caterbury), the Siamese cats, (and Edgar Allen Pug, Priscilla Ann Pug, Kewpie Doll Boudreaux, Moe Jackson Pug, RooBen Lancaster Pug, Anya Pavlina Pug, Jabaar Jefferson Pug, Gertie Rose Griffon and Millicent waiting for me at the Bridge)

Newsie96 is offline Village Irish Pug Pub

Murphy and Duke sleep with us. Murphy will sleep on his bed if I insist (like when I hurt my back) but Duke is such a brat, he must be in bed with us, right between us. We call him the chastity pug.

Sara, I'm afraid to go to the bathroom sometimes because Murphy will claim my spot and I have a heck of a time moving a 22-pound pug over when he's determined to sleep the spot he stole. He never does this if Jeff gets out of bed.

But I like having the pugs in bed with us. I love waking up to Duke's little black face staring back at me and Murphy close by him (usually with his head on Duke's bum!).

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Pilot in Flight View Post
    AH ha! Co-Pilot is a spot stealer too! But only my spot (not hubby's) and I DO make her move when I return (meanie I know!) I"m convinced she loves me at a level that she's just keeping my spot warm, she does not protest much when I move her.

On the days I get up REALLY early, she just takes my spot for me. Part of me would like to think she knows I'm the alpha and that it's the best spot, but I may be dreaming!
    Samantha,Mom to: Murphy B., CGC, TDI, Duke and Hippie Shyster. And WIFE of Jeff, who keeps her on her toes.

Murphy on Dogster: http://www.dogster.com/?62118

Yep, all four sleep with me! I love it. Wickett always lays by my right side, Suki likes to lay between my knees (so it's a race to get my legs into a "good" spot before she moves in!), and Bindi sleeps up next to/on the pillow, and Misty usually sleeps between Bindi and Wickett, or closer to the end if she gets hot!

I'm proud to say that I have trained myself to only have to turn over maybe once per night! ha!

If I do get up, Misty always steals my spot, the little stinker! haha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast