Pug in pup - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pug in pup

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

You're amazing to want to take your remaining holidays to look after the puglets.
    I hope this scenario puts Laura off breeding. Please tell her she may not be able to breed from the puppy bitch because the mother has a heart murmur and who knows what tests the father has had. Try to convince her to leave breeding to people who know what they're doing and are trying to improve the breed. This is first hand experience for her, how expensive having a litter can be with c-sections to pay for and all the extra trips to the vet, plus what would she do with them while she's working, who would be monitoring them?

I'm sure it's been an eye opener for her.
    I can't believe how lucky Flo got being left with you for that one night, things could have been so different for her.
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

Almandine is offline Village Healing Hands

What a great, great update!

I can't tell you how delighted I am that Flo will get to stay with you. It sounds as though you are building a lovely rapport with her. And God bless your DH for supporting you through this wild ride - what a sweetie!

A good vet is worth his/her weight in gold and if yours is supportive, that goes a long way with a tricky condition. I don't imagine they'd send you all the way to the Animal Health Trust in Suffolk for the airway surgery for the little guy, but my experience with them was top notch and I'd thoroughly recommend them.

Re the puppies going back to your friend - I would say they should DEFINATELY stay with you until they pass 4 weeks. Infections and stress to the puppies and the bitch are all huge factors.

It sounds as though the little guy is taking to the tube feeding very well and who better to carry out such a tricky task than a nurse?

You are doing amazingly well for this little family. It takes such dedication and sleep deprivation! It is worrying and hard on the spirit when you have a tiny one in the balance. I think there are hats off both sides of the Atlantic for your commitment and the love you are showing these pugs.

My mother always says you should name a little one who may not survive. She says that having a name helps them to hang on. Just something to consider.
    Almandine and the gang - Forty Fortune, Mr Grimson and Hoagie.

Samson, Treacle, Maisie and the beautiful Onion at the Bridge. In our hearts forever. Joined now, too, by George,Wish, Dannika, Helo and Tank.

jag
    jag is offline Village VP

just checking on the new family,, how is TOT (Tinyest One There ) doing, this is the most amazing thread, for those who want to breed their pugs, this is a must read....big hugs to you
    Lee & Judy parents of Smu

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

Lightbulb A name for the runt!!

Hmm a name, I was trying not to with the whole attachment thing but I guess without really meaning to i'm already there

I will give some thought to it, I did think earlier maybe I would call him Almond, I think it would suit the tiny guy and he could always have Almo for short. I'm really kind of bad at choosing names, the children generally name the pets and I MAY change my mind on it if they protest too loudly

Any ideas anybody on how to calm his sucking reflex, the poor little guy just lays with his tongue stuck out sucking at nothing, it looks pitiful and WASTES valuable energy!! I'm also a little concerned he may get a sore mouth due to lack of moisture. His cord stump hasn't come off yet either, the rest lost theirs yesterday, it's really hard and shrivellled but firmly attached and when he wriggles on his belly it scrapes along the blanket.

Otherwise he is good the rest of the litter are gaining happily and Flo is looking slightly fatter. I'm excited about going to the vet tomorrow to pick up the rest of the feeding tubes, I want to tell her he's gained weight, i'm so proud of him
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Julia&Toby is offline Village Governor

I hope she'll let you keep taking care of them until they are ready to be adopted out to good families. I suggest sneaking the little girl pugs off to good families before she gets a chance to snatch one up ;) Maybe that's wrong but I really don't think this person should ever own a dog again, clearly she doesn't take the responsibility seriously, she is far too $$$ focused.

you are amazing!
    My two fat pugs! Toby rescued April 25, 2008 & Betz rescued November 15, 2009.

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

I could never in a million years, go out of town and leave my prenant bitch with someone else to watch, and then give her away cause I didn't want to pay the vet bill. I'm just glad she left her with you and not someone else that had no knowledge of Pugs at all. It could have turned out much worse. Keep up the good work, I'm so glad you are taking care of these Pugs.

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

Georgia Pug is offline Village Heart of Gold

I am so glad that everything is going so good, and that
    you get to keep Flo! You are just an angel, and I am
    so glad she gave Flo into your keeping for that week-
    end or no telling what would have happened. I am
    still praying for the little one.

The Georgia Pugs
    If You Can't Say Anything Nice,
    Just Don't Say Anything.

thetses is offline Village Senator

I love the name Almond! That is SO cute! I think it'd be perfect...

DollPugs is offline Village Puppy

Oh my goodness!! I've been missing checking into PV for the past week or so and my goodness what I missed recently here!! I opened the thread and saw the picture - then I saw all of the pages and had to read your & Flo's story!
    You were definitely put into Flo & her puppies lives for a reason, what a life saver! Lucky girl had you to stay with through this time and her lucky pups have you to watch after them.
    I would be sooo attached, especially to Flo and that little one, glad that it seems this story will end up quite happy! And way to go, I wish I could say I could have done 1/2 of what you did!

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Heather how is the little family today???

and the biggy................how is Almond, still hanging on?
    I hardly dare breathe until you reply and I know he made it through another night!

Ask the vet about the umbilical cord when you collect the tubes. Maybe it just needs a little longer to dry off.
    What about giving little Almond a blankie to suck on..........should he have anything to suck on at all? Would it not interfere with the cleft??
    We need to invent a pug dummy!... (pacifyer)
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast