+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Pug in pup

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Good morning Heather,
    How is everyone today?
    How are you?
    Fatigue must be setting in by now.

Hoping Almond survived another night! How is he?
    I was thinking it may be fun to give temporary names to the rest of the litter now that they're thriving.
    Here's some suggestions, how about Hazelnut for the girl, Peanut, Pistache, for the boys and Macadamia for the big bruiser!!
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiepug View Post
    Good morning Heather,
    How is everyone today?
    How are you?
    Fatigue must be setting in by now.

Hoping Almond survived another night! How is he?
    I was thinking it may be fun to give temporary names to the rest of the litter now that they're thriving.
    Here's some suggestions, how about Hazelnut for the girl, Peanut, Pistache, for the boys and Macadamia for the big bruiser!!
    Haha, this certainly cheered me up!! Almond est fantastique!! He is 120g (4.5 oz) and is starting to look a little rounder. The other pups (who now have names ) and Flo are doing well although Flo has decided she must use the childrens bathroom as her potty area . We aren't letting her out in the garden because of the risk of infection from Gary and the cats. She was using the base out of crate covered in newspaper but this is no longer good enough!! I am just cleaning it up and disinfecting it, not a good time to reprimand the poor lady!

I am tired, averaging 3 hours sleep a night is rubbish. I'm trying to remember that 12 weeks is not very long and when I snuggle the puppies I don't feel too bad. I don't get how people do this all the time, BYB must be exhausted it is really hard work. I am now an expert at latchig puppies on and helping them to go potty (Flo has decided it is far too disgusting to clean them!).
    I think tubefeeding is a superb idea, I do feel sorry for the little guy it can't be pleasant for him but hopefully it will be worth it.
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Quote Originally Posted by squashpoppy View Post
    Haha, this certainly cheered me up!! Almond est fantastique!! He is 120g (4.5 oz) and is starting to look a little rounder. The other pups (who now have names ) and Flo are doing well although Flo has decided she must use the childrens bathroom as her potty area . We aren't letting her out in the garden because of the risk of infection from Gary and the cats. She was using the base out of crate covered in newspaper but this is no longer good enough!! I am just cleaning it up and disinfecting it, not a good time to reprimand the poor lady!

I am tired, averaging 3 hours sleep a night is rubbish. I'm trying to remember that 12 weeks is not very long and when I snuggle the puppies I don't feel too bad. I don't get how people do this all the time, BYB must be exhausted it is really hard work. I am now an expert at latchig puppies on and helping them to go potty (Flo has decided it is far too disgusting to clean them!).
    I think tubefeeding is a superb idea, I do feel sorry for the little guy it can't be pleasant for him but hopefully it will be worth it.
    Will Flo go on paper in the childrens bathroom instead of just anywhere?

I think you'll get more sleep from 4 weeks, when they can be weaned but Almandine will be able to advise you there. Not sure about weaning the little one until his cleft is closed but the Vet will decide that. It's super that little Almond is gaining.

I bet you think having a baby was a cinch now.
    If any young mum complains to you about tiredness and getting up to do a night feed, you can tell them they haven't experienced fatigue until they've raised pug puppies and done hourly night feeds!
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

She is happy to use paper in the childrens room and thankfully the floor is tiled so cleaning is straightforward!!!

Oh and the baby thing was far easier than this, I expressed milk for my youngest when he was born at 33 weeks and thought that was difficult......expressing milk from a wriggly pug is something else entirely

I will sleep better when I know the puppies are big enough not to be laid on by Flo, she is quite clumsy and I just know she would squash one of them!
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

So glad that Almond and the other pups and Flo are doing well. You are doing such an excellent job. I should think right about now the tiredness is really kicking because the adrenaline rush for the first few days probably took you through it reasonably OK.

Hang in there - it will get better. And if you can pull little Almond through and keep him, how wonderful that will be.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Almandine is offline Village Healing Hands

So glad that Almond is doing well and that you are getting on so well with the tube feeding. It is truly a credit to your skill and dedication that he is still with us and gaining weight. Top marks! Lol!

You should be able to start getting some sleep in about 2 weeks. That sounds dreadful, but you mentioned 12 weeks further up, but things really settle down after week 3 - by then the pups are big enough not to get squashed and to find the milk bar for themselves etc, so even with little Almond, you should be able to get some good naps in.

It should get easier every few days. Hang in there!

IMO, your friend should at LEAST offer to split the proceeds from the litter or offer you half the puppies, for all the hard work you have put in.

I'm thinking it might be worth starting a new thread for updates? I remember something about bandwidth (or whatever it is) when a very long thread is called up often and this is understandably a very popular thread!
    Almandine and the gang - Forty Fortune, Mr Grimson and Hoagie.

Samson, Treacle, Maisie and the beautiful Onion at the Bridge. In our hearts forever. Joined now, too, by George,Wish, Dannika, Helo and Tank.

Not Afraid is offline Village Admiral

I just missed DAYS worth of wonderful news because I don't read the board thoroughly enough! I saw the thread about Almond not doing too well and came back and read all bout this. You are a SAINT for taking care of these puppies and their mommy. I'm so mad at your friend I could spit, but it is her dog and I realize people make bad decisions. That doesn't stop me from wanting to just kidnap the puppies permanently. She shouldn't be breeding pugs at ALL.

OK, enough ranting. I'm just glad they are with you now and that they are thriving. I'll send an extra dose of hope your way for dear little Almond.
    "If I were a pediatrician and a mother told me, "it's just too hard making healthy food everyday for my kid, I'm just going to feed Total cereal everyday, it's 100% nutritionally complete," we'd all feel sorry for her kid. I am a vet, and when people tell me "I've found a really good dry food, I think I'...ll feed it everyday for the rest of my pets life," why don't we feel equally sad?" Dr. Karen Becker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617