Pug in pup - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pug in pup

puglouie is offline Village VP

What a drama. It's amazing to have a place like PV isn't it? What a relief to be able to talk on the phone with someone with experience. It's great what you're doing. I'm not as forgiving of the owner as others though. If they were born at home, there's no telling what would have happened to them.

You're a pug saint, that's for sure.

With everyone else I'm rooting hard for them, especially the little one.

Louie and Chamuco of Pug Hill

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

There will surely be a special reward in Heaven for people like you who have a heart for the innocents of the world. Bless you and thank you for caring.

Blanche is offline Village Gaia

My God, you are a good woman. Your karma bank must be full to bursting. I will keep the little chap in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope that the owner spays this girl.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

The owner (Laura) came to see them all last night. She hasn't been today but is planning on coming tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure we will remain friends but i'll see how she acts from here.

TBH i'm having fun feeding them and cleaning them. I've had a couple of hours sleep while DH puppysat and now I feel much better.

Tiny one is much the same really, if he's no better by tuesday I think i'll offer to keep him here and hand rear him for as long as I can. Does anyone know of a manufacturer for cleft palate teats for dogs? I know they make them for babies with huge disfigurements so maybe someone does them for dogs?

Oh and for anyone who hasn't have the joy of experiencing it, puppy poop smells and looks the same as breastfed baby poop!! I am an expert at locating who needs cleaning first LOL!! Sorry for sharing that .
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Rosemary is offline Village Admiral

Oh my gosh, I've just read this entire thread, and you are a saint! Thank you for helping that mama and watching the babies the way that you've been doing. I'm so thankful that your doing what you can for the tiny one. I'll be praying for him. I really hope your friend spays her pug after all of this.
    ~Rosemary
    Mom to Gromit the pug, Butters the yellow lab,
    Maisie the blind yorkie, and Callie the cat

Always missing Maddie & Bijou

I hope that the owner spays this girl.
    The mother must be spayed, the vet said today she has a heart murmour and that when they opened her up for the section she had lots of extra fluid in her abdomen. Breeding her again could kill her so I don't think she will have any option but to spay her.
    Heather,
    and

FourteenLegs is offline Village Diva

Heather, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU. Flo needed an angel and the universe moved to put her in your care at the right time.

If you are prepared to put in the effort (and by all accounts you are) to look after the little cleft palate puppy I think you are his biggest chance. The breeder her bred my Pearl recently cared for and saved a cleft palate puppy until it was well enough for surgery, which was successful. The puppy is now grown and doing brilliantly. It's not always a good outcome, but sometimes it's worth the effort.

Your "friend" sounds like a complete twit. Sorry, but I call it as I see it. She does not deserve someone like you, but Flo did. It's a pity you have to give Flo back. I hope she takes heed of what the vet said and has her spayed. Pity she wasn't done when she had the c-section.

And many hugs to you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Check out the PugVillage Books - buy one from HERE and help rescue.

Rona and the Principessas Imogen and Pearl. Holding in our hearts forever LouLou and Puck who have been reunited at the Bridge.
    All my babies at the Bridge - LouLou, Puck, Piaff, Donato, Persia, Dragon, Smugs, (Pugs) and Madam and her son Woolfie (horses).

I can't thankyou all enough for all your care and support.

Tiny pup is still maintaining so I am increasing him to 1ml an hour to see if we can get any weight gain on him.

Flo couldn't be spayed on the table because she wasn't coping well with the anaestetic, we now know that was because of her heart but hopefully without the strain of pregnancy she will cope better next time.

I've been talking to my DH and we've decided to ask Laura if we can keep the litter here with us a bit longer. I'm planning to argue that there is a risk of infection if she moves them to her house too soon and tell her that she could lose the whole litter. It won't really be lying as from what i've been reading there is a potential it could happen however small.

I'm getting so attached to them, Flo is a sweetie, she follows me around and sleeps next to me. When I put her with the pups she lies down and lets me line them up! She also trusts me with the tiny one although she watches me intently while I feed him and cleans him thoroughly when she gets him back
    Heather,
    and

pugsandkids is offline Village Zookeeper

Heather I will be sending you lots of good vibes. Its apparent that they are in very good hands at your place.
    I am sorry that your friend has turned out ready to handle things differently than you. Its hard to realize that people we like are not always on the same page.
    I'm very glad that you found pv, keep up the good work!

Sarah and the crew

Anna, the black diva pug

Lucy, the sweetest brindle pug
    Boston, the baby of the house fawn pug

Torino, the pushy Quaker Parrot
    Captain Jack Sparrow, the crazy cockatoo
    Sphynx, bottle fed kitty, trainer of pugs!
    Princess Snappa kitty, office assistant extrodinare
    Diego? Leta? sex undetermined ball python
    Failed snake food, Domino the rat, and friend who I refuse to name!
    3 boys ages 13, 9, and 8!
    And hubby of course!

H the P is offline Village Admiral

"Your "friend" sounds like a complete twit. Sorry, but I call it as I see it. She does not deserve someone like you, but Flo did. It's a pity you have to give Flo back. I hope she takes heed of what the vet said and has her spayed. Pity she wasn't done when she had the c-section.

And many hugs to you."

What Rona said. Absolutely. You've done a remarkable job for which you deserve huge thanks. I only hope your "friend" will allow Flo + pups to remain with you for the time being. We are all following Flo's story and keeping everything crossed, particularly for the littlest pup.
    H the P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast