Pug in pup - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pug in pup

whatapug is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by squashpoppy View Post
    I can't thankyou all enough for all your care and support.

Tiny pup is still maintaining so I am increasing him to 1ml an hour to see if we can get any weight gain on him.

Flo couldn't be spayed on the table because she wasn't coping well with the anaestetic, we now know that was because of her heart but hopefully without the strain of pregnancy she will cope better next time.

I've been talking to my DH and we've decided to ask Laura if we can keep the litter here with us a bit longer. I'm planning to argue that there is a risk of infection if she moves them to her house too soon and tell her that she could lose the whole litter. It won't really be lying as from what i've been reading there is a potential it could happen however small.

I'm getting so attached to them, Flo is a sweetie, she follows me around and sleeps next to me. When I put her with the pups she lies down and lets me line them up! She also trusts me with the tiny one although she watches me intently while I feed him and cleans him thoroughly when she gets him back
    You have been wonderful to do what you have done.I know how much these things take over your life......but please try not to get to attached as it will be heart breaking for you when they go back.
    these puppies will need (i doubt they will get) a very close exam from her vet before going to new homes. re;the heart problem mum has.
    how long have you known this "friend"? i assume you met through the pugs?
    hope you managed some sleep overnight. call if you need anything

Lola's Mom is offline Village Royalty

That is so wonderful you are going to try to keep them with you a bit longer. I truly think it's in the best interest of Momma and Pups to have someone like you looking after them. You are a Saint!

I don't know your friend but it gets me wondering if she would take good care of them being that she left her pregnant pug ready to give birth. Ya know. It just doesn't seem very responsible to do that. But - I am glad she did because you are giving them the care and love they need. THANK YOU!
    Kerrie, Lola and new foster failure brother Logan

silverlady is offline Village Admiral

Oh my I have just read the whole 9 pages with goosebumps.....
    What can I say? That you are a fabulous person, that all pugs deserve
    the best and Flo - bless her tiny heart - deserved all and more in her life,
    and that sadly some Pugs just don't get the"break" in life they deserve,
    and that's just not fair.

Stay on good-ish terms with your friend, no matter what you think.
    Otherwise you could lose touch with Flo (wonder if she would let you
    adopt her if you are in a position to do so)

To be honest the photo of her heavily in whelp broke my heart,she looked so
    tiny, so vulnerable.

All power to the village for wading in - what a wonderful forum.What on earth
    would have happened without Almandine and Charlotte to help.

Many hugs to you and that darling Flo, please hug her gently from me...
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." - John Ruskin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

So glad to check in this morning and find Littlie is still with us. Well done - hourly feedings 24/7 must be gruelling. So glad hubby is stepping up to the plate.

I kind of doubt from your previous posts that the owner will be prepared or in a position to cope with hourly feedings so I hope at least the little one can stay with you, though it will be a hard road ahead.

As for the others, my take on it is that if they can be got through the first 2 (preferably 3) weeks of life where they are then they should be in good shape to be moved. To be blunt, though, that gives you the worst of all worlds. You have all the endless work of the dangerous early weeks, she gets all the fun as the puppies grow and start playing. If you are up for that, kudos to you.

And now the hard-nosed lawyer in me is going to come out. I wouldn't return mum or pups until she has paid you back the vet fees you have incurred on her behalf. Sorry to bring commerce into it, but you have already said you are not sure if the friendship will continue, and I don't see how it can if money issues get in the way.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

I haven't known Laura very long, maybe 10 months(ish) she's someone I met through my sister-in-law and just started chatting to. I don't want to think she did it on purpose, she came back when she said she would and i'm guessing she couldn't have known she would not contract and need a c-section. She is her only pug and she did seem to like her, maybe she doesn't have the same relationship with her that I do with Gary but I think everyones different.
    It's more her reaction now she knows poor Flo will have to be spayed and that the puppies should be found homes that understand their potential for health problems. I'm a little concerned she will just advertise them on the internet and that will be that! I want to keep them all obviously but can't really see it happening. Laura is coming this afternoon sometime so I will see what she says.

I have had some sleep, i've found that like when my boys were babies I wake up at every sound. I got my DH up at 6am at told him to wake me hourly so I could feed the smallest (he didn't need to, I woke up myself!) so I had a couple of hours then.

The smallest seems a little more tired, im taking him to the vet tomorrow, maybe she will recommend tube-feeding him
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Puglove2 is offline Village Dr. McSweetie

oh, i really wish you were able to keep flo and the puppies. you have done such a great job. your friend should be SO thankful and grateful. i hope she is responsible about everything.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras)

Charlie on Dogster - Our angel, taken too soon, waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge - Please check out the CREATE fund for GME research in Yorkies
    http://www.yorkieangelpatrol.com/gme.htm
    http://www.dogster.com/?99046

Winston on Dogster
    http://www.dogster.com/?99048

Basil on Dogster
    http://www.dogster.com/?167623

Violet on Dogster
    http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=309585

And now Milo, the puppy that made us smile again.
    http://www.dogster.com/dogs/658530

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

I wish you could keep Flo and the puppies too.

You've done an amazing job and without such devotion, I seriously doubt whether there would still be a Mum and litter.
    If your friend really cares for the welfare of Flo and the puppies, she'll leave them with you and I hope remunerate you in some way for the service you've provided her.

I'm really enjoying your updates, thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Oh and please tell your husband, he's wonderful for being so supportive,
    I bet you wouldn't be able to do this without his help!
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

My husband knows he's wonderful, I tell him all the time!! Seriously though he HAS been great. I hope his mum doesn't find out I got him up at 6am!

Puppies and mum doing well. Tiny boy is still maintaining his weight and seems to be ok, i'm concerned that he has only pooped once today but he has a good urine output and isn't dehydrated so he must still be working ok.

I'm really enjoying your updates, thanks for taking us along for the ride.
    PV is keeping me sane!! Don't know how else i'd pass the time in between feeds and watching Flo doesn't squash any of them. Everytime i'm worried (frequently) I search the forum and look at the advice given previously...very useful.
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Julia&Toby is offline Village Governor

you are AMAZING! and oh I have some words for your friend but will keep them to myself!

good thoughts for mum and babies that they will grow stronger and fatter and be healthy!
    My two fat pugs! Toby rescued April 25, 2008 & Betz rescued November 15, 2009.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

You are really terrific!!!!!

If the little one's cleft is really small...I'd tube him to see if it closes. I have a friend that had a boy with a small one......It never totally closed...but he was able to eat and drink fine!!! He had to stay away from certain foods. He never had any surgery and lived to be 14! If you want to contact her, PM me and I'll give you the info.....

Most people pay people when they whelp pups...and take care of them! I'd hope that she offers this to you! Maybe one of the pups?????

Sending positive thoughts for good outcomes for this litter and Flo!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast