Pug in pup - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pug in pup

Kizzypug is offline Village Royalty

Any news from the vet's yet? We are all praying that the little one will be OK
    Nicky, mum to Uncle Cecil, Pip and Ty

We should all try to be as good a person as our Dogs think we are (anon)

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

Just returned from the vet's (she is the best vet in the area, we are so lucky to have her) and have given tiny his first big boy 2ml tube feed!! He was fantastic, took it beautifully then latched onto momma to finish off .

The vet said it is not the done thing to tube feed but after I explained all the support and advice I was getting from you guys she said I was soppy and soft and gave me tubes and syringes. She has ordered us some more tubes that we will pick up tomorrow, £4 a tube!! She said use one a day and sterilise it between uses??

She is contacting the national expert in Palate repairs and will give us details tomorrow, she said it will be expensive but if we are prepared to put the work in they will do all they can to save him and operate as soon as he is heavy enough for the anaestetic.

If he makes it we will be keeping him, at least until he is old enough to be neutered then depending on how things are we will have to decide what to do, it seems a very long way off but we're trying to stay positive.

NEWS FLASH!!

Laura has said if we forget about the money for the c-section we can keep Flo after the puppies are reared :cloud9:. Obviously I know I am being sentimental but I know I will spay her and give her a good life. I'm sure she intends to keep the bitch puppy to replace Flo but I can't stop that. So after an eventful few days I will have 1 maybe 2 new puggies to love . I am being extra extra nice to DH as he is kindly financing my love of pugs!!!

Finally for now a HUGE thankyou to everyone, especially Almandine, Whatapug and Shaynapug, you've all been a massive help
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Well this is all sounding very positive. Good luck with the tube feeding. We will continue to pray for the little man.

I am glad Laura has said you can keep Flo. You have cared for her so well over this episode. Is she covered by any sort of vet insurance? With her heart condition there might be issues in the future, and you won't be able to take out a new policy that would cover that, so if she does have existing cover you will probably need to keep it on if you want to have her insured.

As you say, you can't do anything about what pups Laura decides to keep for herself, but I would hope that if she keeps the girl it would NOT be with a view to breeding her. She could well have inherited Flo's heart problems. However perhaps having seen the trouble you have had with all of this will make her think twice in any case.

Do you know who the father of the pups is?

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Kizzypug is offline Village Royalty

Sounds like wonderful news all round
    Nicky, mum to Uncle Cecil, Pip and Ty

We should all try to be as good a person as our Dogs think we are (anon)

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Great news!!!

Will you be able to keep Flo and the puppies at your house and raise them and then give Laura her bitch puppy? It would be a shame to give her back now she has bonded with you. I think it would be very upsetting for her to change homes again.

I hope she's going to spay the bitch puppy and not breed from it.

I would never in a million years give Rosie away. Your friends willingness to give you Flo in recompense for the C-section speaks volumes.
    but you come out of the deal a winner and Flo too
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

H the P is offline Village Admiral

This can only be excellent news for Flo and for you. Everything is still crossed here that the littlest pup will be OK. Good that your vet is willing to help.
    Wise advice from Bella about insurance, and Jacqueline's post says it all, really, in particular a very good point about not moving mum and pups.
    As well as the identity of the pups' father, do you know how old Flo is? She looks very young indeed to me to be a mummy, bless her.
    Just wearing my old rescue lady's hat here, for a moment - when you finally get to keep Flo, be sure to remember to get your friend to sign over any relevant KC registration papers to you, and then get the transfer registered. Otherwise there could be problems in the future.
    Well done, again, to you. I think you have handled this very difficult situation extremely well, in order to achieve the best possible outcome for Flo and at least one of her pups.
    H the P

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

Just want to add my kudos for what you have done and done well. You are a true pug angel and obviously a fantastic human being.
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

Donnag is offline Village Royalty

I am so happy you are keeping Flo, I love her name as it was my late grandmas name:)
    Hopefully a very happy ending for all.
    Please keep on sending pics, I'd love to see the pups grow.
    Donna, Vivian and Stewie..... Rupert forever in my heart

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

I think Flo is about 2 years, she is a very small pug and definately 'pet quality'. I didn't think of insurance, can it be transferred from owner to owner, I have Gary insured through Petplan as was Pearl. I'll call Laura tonight and find out.

I don't think the father was KC reg so at least the puppies are unlikely to be sold to breeders, hopefully they will get decent homes as they will not be ready until mid february-ish (ensuring they are not bought for xmas presents). I do hope Laura doesn't keep the little girl for breeding but part of me thinks she will, otherwise she would want to keep poor Flo as a pet rather than a puppy producer. On the other hand I think she has been a little scared by the whole experience, I don't think she realised what a big job raising puglets was.

Laura is quite happy for me to keep the pups here at the moment, I would like them to stay until they are 6-8 weeks but I am worried about intruducing them to Gary, he plays quite roughly and I would hate him to hurt any of them. I don't really know if he will expose the puppies to any infections either. I suppose I still have his puppy pen I could put them in, it's quite big and they would have room to play.

Anyway, if they do stay christmas should be fun with puppies in the house and i'm sure Laura would need to leave them on there own for long periods. I am going in to work tomorrow to explain the circumstances and ask if I can take my last couple of weeks holiday from the end of this week, I will be at home then until they are 3 weeks old and hopefully Flo will be coping a little better then.

Thanks again for all the kind messages xx
    Heather,
    Mummy to 3 human boys, Albert, George and Tom
    and
    3 furbabies, (Gary, April and Karen)
    Forever missing sweet baby Pearl and Almond

Lola's Mom is offline Village Royalty

I am so happy you get to keep Flo! I am sure you bonded with her through this whole ordeal. I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more stories. Thanks again for being an angel to these babies and their sweet Momma!!
    Kerrie, Lola and new foster failure brother Logan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast