Chugs! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chugs!

BeachyKeen is offline Village Pet Party Planner

Quote Originally Posted by hypermike View Post
    Imagine the hell a chug could bring into your home. I'm not a fan of the chi. I think they're the rats of the canine universe.
    Do people not read the posts preceding theirs or do they just ignore them?

I had posted that I had what I assumed was a "chug", so I found this really offensive. My dog is my life and I don't consider her in any way to be "rat"-like. She has brought no hell into my home, just love.

I adore, adore, adore pugs but my love for them extends beyond the purebreed.

Should PV be limited to those with purebreeds? If so, I will go elsewhere.
    Patricia
    PV Moderator
    Mom to Phineas and the Fabulous Felines

And always remembering and missing Phoebe, my heart girl

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..." ~ Edith Wharton

SacramentoPugs is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by BeachyKeen View Post
    Should PV be limited to those with purebreeds? If so, I will go elsewhere.
    No way! Please don't! I truly enjoy hearing about the pug mixes on this board. As a shelter employee, 75% of the dogs I encounter are mixed breeds, and they're just as worthy of love and attention as the best-bred pug in the universe.

My experience is that while every dog, purebred or mixed breed, is an individual, personality/behavior traits are less likely to hold true across the board in mixes than in purebreds. I've personally encountered many, many "chugs" with engaging, outgoing, super-friendly pug-like personalities. Others tended toward what I think of as a typical Chihuahua personality (very devoted to one person, a bit nervous, etc.).

To dismiss a breed altogether as "rats" upsets me, too.
    Dee Dee and Marlee

Just had to add that my sister had 2 chiuauas, and they are extremely loving, and have never nipped at anyone, ever.... they are huge cuddlers... not "rats" at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LeahBaby is offline Village Senator

. I'm not a fan of the chi. I think they're the rats of the canine universe.
    That is a terrible thing to say! I have a 9 month old Chi that came from rescue when he was 5 months old and he is the sweetest, most loving boy in the world. He loves to cuddle and play and is NOT nippy at all. He gets along wonderfuly with my other dogs as well. Please think before you write.
    Janis & the Honorary Pugs: Zoie, Lucas & Lane

Imagine the hell a chug could bring into your home. I'm not a fan of the chi. I think they're the rats of the canine universe.
    OUCH! that was not very caring sense of wording. We have a member here with 'chug' and she's her heart!!!! man, we need to be more sensitive to peoples feelings!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraFaust View Post
    Just had to add that my sister had 2 chiuauas, and they are extremely loving, and have never nipped at anyone, ever.... they are huge cuddlers... not "rats" at all.
    My Dad has 2. One will tear you up in a instant, and the other is so sweet and laid back you can't ask for better. I think even we as people have the tendency to bite

ViralMD is offline None

I'm not a fan of the chi. I think they're the rats of the canine universe.
    You might not be a fan, but I have to say, before I got my rescue girl (yes, I've had a rescue chihuahua for about five months now), I didn't care much for them. But this little girl was put through hell.

At the age of approximately 7 (the vet and I both think she's older), Tassie (formerly known as Kia) was dumped by her ungrateful family in the shelter in the Bronx. Having received NO medical care, she was a walking skeleton. Mostly because she was unable to eat because her teeth were so rotten that she developed a fistula between her oral and nasal cavity.

After having all but one of her teeth pulled (my vet asked me if I wanted to see them!) she's gained a whole pound (and now weighs seven pounds) and is a smart, loving, perfectly trained little lady. I couldn't believe that a chihuahua could worm its way into our lives like this, but she has. She's learned to walk on a leash (unlike Cyril she LOVES going for walks), uses the ramp to get up and down from the bed, sleeps INSIDE pillowcases and is all around cute. And that little dog that I couldn't get to eat for THREE DAYS when I got her home (and I mean NOTHING - not even roast beef!) now barks at me if her kibble isn't given to her quickly enough.

So just a cautionary word: this is by no means a rat. She's a dear, sweet dog who's probably not in pain for the first time in years.
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

Not Afraid is offline Village Admiral

Chi's can be a bit difficult at times. If they've been "damaged" in any way, they can be downright horrible. My nail on my index finger is about to partially come off due to a chi bite. But, Jack - the chi who bit me - is a damaged dog and I don't blame him. But, man does he hate it when I talk with my hands.

Chi's usually have very distinctive and large personalities in those tiny little bodies.
    "If I were a pediatrician and a mother told me, "it's just too hard making healthy food everyday for my kid, I'm just going to feed Total cereal everyday, it's 100% nutritionally complete," we'd all feel sorry for her kid. I am a vet, and when people tell me "I've found a really good dry food, I think I'...ll feed it everyday for the rest of my pets life," why don't we feel equally sad?" Dr. Karen Becker

M'Dear Pug is offline Administrator Emerita

With the puggle, you have the potential to get one that has breathing AND allergy problems who howls. That sounds like the third circle of hell, if you ask me. Imagine the hell a chug could bring into your home. I'm not a fan of the chi. I think they're the rats of the canine universe.
    Mike, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say I assume you were kidding. I can't truly imagine you seriously saying something you'd have to know would deeply offend a lot of really nice members who own Chugs, chihuahuas, pug mixes or any mixed breeds.

Let's just stop all this right now before it gets any worse. PugVillage.com is not limited to purebred pug owners or any breed-specific owners and I apologize to those who feel insulted. My family has owned more chihuahuas than I can even list and we've always found them to be adorable little companions. They're not perfect but what animal is?

Ann
    http://img.mypicgallery.com/Extra/redleash_large.jpg
    Those we have held in our arms for a little while,
    we hold in our hearts forever.

Donnag is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by viralmd View Post
    You might not be a fan, but I have to say, before I got my rescue girl (yes, I've had a rescue chihuahua for about five months now), I didn't care much for them. But this little girl was put through hell.
    Alice, not to get off subject but have you been holding out on us or did I miss the thread? anyway congrats I'd love to see a pic of her.
    Donna, Vivian and Stewie..... Rupert forever in my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast