Chugs! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chugs!

Sorry to be contraversial, but if she is not a 'designer dog' why give her a 'designer name'.

I refuse to use these designer names as it legitimses and supports cross breeding.

ViralMD is offline None

Quote Originally Posted by Donnag View Post
    Alice, not to get off subject but have you been holding out on us or did I miss the thread? anyway congrats I'd love to see a pic of her.
    No, she's been under wraps. I'm still trying to get a nice picture of her...while she's awake. Without her teeth, whenever she lies down to sleep, her tongue lies right next to her.
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

Imon is offline Village Turtle Lady

Just coming to this thread now. I've no experience with chihuahuas (except to have a friend who dearly loves the breed), but I have had pet rats and I don't understand why anything that isn't liked is equated with rats.

Now, the sewer and subway rats might not be very nice to encounter, but pet rats are sweet, people-oriented, energetic and very, very clean. They wash themselves often, very much as cats do. And even wild rats clean themselves, will choose to eat veggies and bread products over garbage if they have the choice and live in social communities.

Even the plague wasn't spread by dirty rats, but by fleas that lived on the rats and spread to people (who weren't very clean themselves way back then) when they lived in very close quarters.

Not trying to stir things up, just wanted to get a good word in for rats - the poor things get a lot of bad press and can use some positive words from time to time.
    Otto's mom (also known as Linda)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by viralmd View Post
    No, she's been under wraps. I'm still trying to get a nice picture of her...while she's awake. Without her teeth, whenever she lies down to sleep, her tongue lies right next to her.
    Oh Alice, I would love to see a pic of her, too- I just adore my sister's two chiuauas!! They're so darn cute!

BeachyKeen is offline Village Pet Party Planner

Quote Originally Posted by Imon View Post
    Just coming to this thread now. I've no experience with chihuahuas (except to have a friend who dearly loves the breed), but I have had pet rats and I don't understand why anything that isn't liked is equated with rats.

Now, the sewer and subway rats might not be very nice to encounter, but pet rats are sweet, people-oriented, energetic and very, very clean. They wash themselves often, very much as cats do. And even wild rats clean themselves, will choose to eat veggies and bread products over garbage if they have the choice and live in social communities.

Even the plague wasn't spread by dirty rats, but by fleas that lived on the rats and spread to people (who weren't very clean themselves way back then) when they lived in very close quarters.

Not trying to stir things up, just wanted to get a good word in for rats - the poor things get a lot of bad press and can use some positive words from time to time.
    You're quite right. I don't have anything against rats, per se, but when I was defending Phoebe saying she wasn't rat-like I definitely was thinking of sewer rats rather than pet rats. I occasionally see people with their pet rat riding on their shoulders and I always ask if I can pet them. I'm hard-pressed to find species I really don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Sorry to be contraversial, but if she is not a 'designer dog' why give her a 'designer name'.

I refuse to use these designer names as it legitimses and supports cross breeding.
    Is "Chug" really the 'designer' name? It's kind of an unattractive name. I never say puggle at the shelter; I always say pug/beagle mix. Or I call them bugs. That is totally far from the cute designer names.
    Last edited by BeachyKeen; 12-04-2008 at 08:08 PM.
    Patricia
    PV Moderator
    Mom to Phineas and the Fabulous Felines

And always remembering and missing Phoebe, my heart girl

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..." ~ Edith Wharton

Blanche is offline Village Gaia

Frankly, I use the abbreviations to avoid getting repetitive stress disorder from typing out the full name. With 100+ emails a day, I do whatever I can to reduce the number of words I have to use. Selfish, I suppose, but since most of my abbreviations are used with people who know better than to think a chug is a breed, I don't and haven't worried about it.

Donnag is offline Village Royalty

I'm sure she is beautiful teeth or not.
    Donna, Vivian and Stewie..... Rupert forever in my heart

ViralMD is offline None

Here's Tassie sunbathing at our friends' home in the Hamptons the weekend after her dental extractions. For some reason I can't make it bigger!

Anyone know how to post a picture you don't need a microscope to see???
    Last edited by ViralMD; 12-04-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

T'spugs is offline Village Royalty

That last sentence had me in stitches!!!!
    T, Mr. Wilson the Golden Retriver, Lola~Beth bulldog. Missing Yoda, Wickett and Blizken, MaeCee Jo Boxer, Mary~Kate, Mavis, Tallulah Belle and Archie Moe together at the Rainbow Bridge.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

I take it Ms. Tassie is a smooth coat chocolate? My son's black long hair chi is still fine, with three legs pattering along behind Martin's lovely partner Althena. His rescue saved him, Anne broke down a truck bringing him home, I paid for him, Martin provided a lovely home for him. He despises everyone except Althena and lives under the front room couch emerging only when he hears her voice. His new name, Sid Vicious. London is still with me, and is a pug something. I favor using cute names if it helps adopting them out. Obviously pug somethings can be directly traced to the owner not neutering or at least discussing safe sex with the pug at an early age.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast