Chugs! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chugs!

SallyAndTilly is offline Village Model's Mom & Photo Nut

I'm another Chihuahua lover. I've had two of them and they were both very sweet and well behaved.

GingerSnap is offline Village Smart Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by tall grass pugs View Post
    Obviously pug somethings can be directly traced to the owner not neutering or at least discussing safe sex with the pug at an early age.
    I would so love to see that discussion!

I'm in the contingent of folks who hate the intentional breeding of designer dogs and the subsequent success of puppy millers. But to rescue a mix from a shelter or rescue is a wonderful thing. Sammy must have been a happy accident, because he's too poorly put together to have been an intentional breeding, even of mixed and questionable parentage.
    Ginger
    Mom to Jackson (fawn pug, age 7) and Sammy (black brindle pug/French bulldog, age 9ish or so)

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Sorry I can't help reply to the chug thread, I agree with others, each dogs may be different.
    I think it's wonderful that you are going through a shelter to get your next furbaby.

Now Alice, don't you dare stick Miss Tessie in this thread, she needs a thread all of her own and a bigger photo!

And I doubt this thread is getting much attention anymore, but I want to add that yes we have to watch what we say, but we also need to learn to accept people have opinions, they may differ from ours, they may hurt our feelings, even if not meant to, but we must let it roll and move on.
    Do you know how much I now cringe when I hear someone say "That's retarded", but I know they are not making fun of Carter, it's just life, and we have to let some things go.

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

A general thought about that r word, 'retarded.' I have found the most comfortable response is, "He learns differently and at his own speed." Try dropping that on them.

BeachyKeen is offline Village Pet Party Planner

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Pilot in Flight View Post
    but I want to add that yes we have to watch what we say, but we also need to learn to accept people have opinions, they may differ from ours, they may hurt our feelings, even if not meant to, but we must let it roll and move on.
    I agree, but I stand by my original reply. Moving on now.
    Patricia
    PV Moderator
    Mom to Phineas and the Fabulous Felines

And always remembering and missing Phoebe, my heart girl

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..." ~ Edith Wharton

hypermike is offline Village VP

Folks,

I meant no offense, and I apologize if my words came across that way. Please accept my apologies.

I love dogs. I'm just not a fan of that one breed. I was trying to be funny, but in my attempt at humor, it came across very poorly. Again, I do apologize.

Hypermike
    Owned by Reggie
    View Reggie's blog

LeahBaby is offline Village Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hypermike View Post
    Folks,

I meant no offense, and I apologize if my words came across that way. Please accept my apologies.

I love dogs. I'm just not a fan of that one breed. I was trying to be funny, but in my attempt at humor, it came across very poorly. Again, I do apologize.
    Appology accepted! I don't know you but I assume the best and don't think that you would purposely try to offend me (or any of us). Thanks for stepping up and appologizing anyway!
    Janis & the Honorary Pugs: Zoie, Lucas & Lane

M'Dear Pug is offline Administrator Emerita

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hypermike View Post
    Folks,

I thought that was the case! I kinda' doubt you have a mean-spirited bone in your body. Next time use one of these - :wink:!!

Apology most definitely accepted!

Ann
    http://img.mypicgallery.com/Extra/redleash_large.jpg
    Those we have held in our arms for a little while,
    we hold in our hearts forever.

BeachyKeen is offline Village Pet Party Planner

Same here; no hard feelings! Yes, those winks go a long way into interpreting comments which can so easily be read in many ways.
    Patricia
    PV Moderator
    Mom to Phineas and the Fabulous Felines

And always remembering and missing Phoebe, my heart girl

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..." ~ Edith Wharton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234