My pug bit my son - what do I do? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My pug bit my son - what do I do?

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I want to say again, how very much I respect you for taking this time to make the best decision possible for everyone!

It sounds that you're leaning toward rehoming Oscar....not an easy decision...but one that really takes in consideration both your son's safety and Oscars! The more Oscar is scared or hurt (tho very unintentionally) the harder it will be for him to learn to trust humans.

As for your son, yes...he will miss Oscar. But it can be nicely explained....with the help from teacher's, if needed.

I do see you with another dog when your son matures and is able to control himself better!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

Here's an Oscar update: we've been to my son's therapist and she's giving us a series of exercises to do with him and the dog under strict supervision. In the meantime, we're keeping them separated with a lock on Oscar's cage. We're going to integrate my son's dog socialization into this regular behavior therapy to reinforce the message. His therapist recognizes how special Oscar is to our son and really wants to work with us.

Oscar's been a super dog lately - like he understands the gravity of the situation. We try to give him extra special treats when he's in the kitchen out of the way so he know's we're still thinking of him.

Thanks again everyone - you've all been aweseme. I'll keep you posted as to how everything goes.

Oscar and I thank you!

mushusmom is offline Village Admiral

Yay. I'm so glad. It would have been a shame not to at least try to work with them. The rescue will always be there if you need it. I'll be praying for you and the pugs have their paws crossed that it all works out well.
    Meredith, Libby & Mushu

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

I'm so glad to hear your sons therapist is willing to help you guys with this. It made me so sad to think you would have to rehome him. Plus, do you know how hard it's been to convince myself that I don't need another pug right now Afterall you do live sort of close to me.

I know your hands are probably full, but if it's possible to take Oscar on regular walks it would help him alot.

I'm keeping my paws crossed that this will work out for you.

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar the Pug View Post
    Here's an Oscar update: we've been to my son's therapist and she's giving us a series of exercises to do with him and the dog under strict supervision. In the meantime, we're keeping them separated with a lock on Oscar's cage. We're going to integrate my son's dog socialization into this regular behavior therapy to reinforce the message. His therapist recognizes how special Oscar is to our son and really wants to work with us.
    I am thrilled to hear this news.
    Hugs to you and Oscar and your boy ... and his therapist!!
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

That really warms my heart

Milissa is offline Village Governor

I am so happy for you that you are all going to work together to make this work!
    MOM TO MY LITTLE PRINCE DOYLE

http://photobucket.com/Doyle

Not Afraid is offline Village Admiral

I'm very hapy that you're going to at least give it a try! I hope things improve and, if they don't, know that PV and local rescues are there for you.
    "If I were a pediatrician and a mother told me, "it's just too hard making healthy food everyday for my kid, I'm just going to feed Total cereal everyday, it's 100% nutritionally complete," we'd all feel sorry for her kid. I am a vet, and when people tell me "I've found a really good dry food, I think I'...ll feed it everyday for the rest of my pets life," why don't we feel equally sad?" Dr. Karen Becker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234