Coraline - the Graphic novel - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coraline - the Graphic novel

jules is offline Village Mayor

I was under the impression that it is not actually a Tim Burton film, but rather that is related because it is done in stop-motion and they are heavily advertising its link to Nightmare Before Christmas.

At the risk of sounding like a book-snob, I was really excited for the movie until I saw the trailer...it looks more kid-friendly, like the tone just isn't the same. I'll be honest--that book terrified me. I read it last spring, and I swear it gave me nightmares. The back of the book says it's for kids 8-10, but I thought that seemed young as the book scared my 20-something self!

Not Afraid is offline Village Admiral

Same director as Nightmare before Christmas - Henry Selick (Burton was Producer and Writer). Burton usually gets the credit for Nightmare, but he was not terribly involved in the actual filming.

Burton is at work on a live action version of Alice in Wonderland and a re-make of his own Frankenweenie.
    Last edited by Not Afraid; 01-28-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    "If I were a pediatrician and a mother told me, "it's just too hard making healthy food everyday for my kid, I'm just going to feed Total cereal everyday, it's 100% nutritionally complete," we'd all feel sorry for her kid. I am a vet, and when people tell me "I've found a really good dry food, I think I'...ll feed it everyday for the rest of my pets life," why don't we feel equally sad?" Dr. Karen Becker

ImmortalBeloved is offline Village Mayor

Oh I see....I was under the impression that Tim Burton was directing it. Either way it looks cool and I can NOT wait to see Alice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

nanbhack is offline Village Admiral

Oh I cant wait to see ALICE TOO!

So here is the book...http://www.amazon.com/Coraline-Graph...3176384&sr=8-2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12