What a hard night........and more
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a hard night........and more

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Default What a hard night........and more

I don't know that I mentioned that Dreamy had a lot of extra skin on ONE side of his neck. I was hoping he'd grow into it. The pups will be 5 months old next week......and there's still a large difference. I'd made up my mind...that if he couldn't be shown...I'd find him a terrific home at some point.

Last week....I spent over $125 in dog show entries alone...not counting travel expences...etc!

Sunday, I took Kelev and Solo for senior health blood work. With both and some meds...I spent $170!

Yesterday, I had my tooth pulled.......and in addition to insurance...will have to spend almost $3000 for a new bridge. I cannot go without as it's in front of my mouth.....and I would have 2 holes!

I looked at Dreamy.....and knew in my heart it was time! If I waited much longer...it would be harder on him...harder on Maddie...and harder on me! One of my dogs that I'd sold 9 yrs ago passed away. I'd been in touch with his owner all his life...and continued to be after he was gone. It's been a while now.....and I wanted to offer her and her hubby first chance for Dreamy. I emailed them last night.....and she wrote that she'd call me today. I expected some discussion.......some time to think it over...and maybe his going there this weekend. Well....he is gone!!! They were here as soon as her hubby got home from work! It's a wonderful family! They will take him everywhere with them. If, for some reason, they cannot...he will come here. I'm in shock that it went so quickly!!! I cried when I handed him to her in the car when it was time to leave! I expect to get pictures and to see him in person!

What makes it harder....is that Lefty is going with my next door neighbors. This has been planned for a while. They LOVE him to death...and he loves them! He's calm at their house and gets along great with their 11 yr old dog. Here....he rides Solo, pushes him and all others away from everyone, gets everyone riled up barking at the door wall or TV. They found out a month ago...that they have the opportunity to move back home to Grand Rapids and will be able to be closer to grandkids and parents. It's a good move for them. They will be taking Lefty with them! I think it will be easier for him than living next door! I will still own him on paper....and will continue to show him in the fall. All decisions for him will be discussed and mutually agreed on! I'm really comfy with this! She's been coming to the dog shows with me.....Has a bag to keep his ribbons straight and has two scrapebook pages done for him (will try to get pics of those!) She's so proud of him....and both her and hubby brag about him all the time! Right now, he goes back and forth....will start spending a night or two there....and then coming back here.

Kelev has been out of his man cave more and more when Lefty is visiting next door! Last night, Lefty was in Grand Rapids with them for the night....and Kelev slept in my arms like he used to do!!! He and Solo are old......and deserve more attention than they get when he's around!

Saying good bye to Lefty...even tho it's not forever...is going to be VERY hard.....but it's the best thing for him as he demands a LOT of attention and there are two people there to give it to him! He is also going to be her service dog...so he will go everywhere with her!!! She will be walking him.....and after he's finished his Ch....she's gonna make him a therapy dog!

I am going to be showing Jesse Memorial Day...and am hoping to finish him. Anything other than 1 point shows have been hard to find! He needs a major( 3 pts or more). Then in the fall....will be showing Lefty too, hopefully, get him finished! Getting harder and harder to get the big points without traveling too far....and too expensive to spend time in a motel! Am going to hold off showing Maddie til she matures...then will be showing her too!

My head knows that these are the best decisions for the dogs....both those leaving...and those staying.....and....for me financially. My heart hurts......
    Last edited by shaynapug; 05-05-2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

Oh that's so sad they are going to new homes, but I can understand why. It sounds like they are good homes, but I know you will miss them sooo much

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

Bethy is offline Village Admiral

It's always hard, isn't it, to entrust our beloved dogs to others, even when we trust the others implicitly. We devote so much of our lives to their care and welfare, that it's very hard to let them go. I think you have found some wonderful homes for the boys!

As for dog show entries, I feel your pain. I dropped $100.00 on entries for this weekend, for Sparkle and Joey, but one good thing is, it's a major in BOTH dogs and bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! Gees, I hope everyone shows up, but with this stupid swine flu scare, who knows..........some people may stay away. Fort Worth Independent School District closed ALL schools until the 11th of May, and numerous other venues have been cancelled, so even though the dog show isn't cancelled, some may not show up.
    BETH AND THE JELLYROLL GANG
    www.jellyrollpugs.com

HOME OF:
    Champion Rose's Serendipity
    Champion Jellyroll Sherfame Bre-z Bea
    Champion Bre-z Manor Jellyroll Pogo
    Champion Bre-z Manor's Frozen Assets
    Champion Bre-z Manor Jellyroll Jolly
    Jellyroll Bre-z Sparkle'n'Bling..AKC Major Pointed
    Rose's Licker-ish..AKC Pointed
    Bre-z Jellyroll Ginny Fizz

At the Rainbow Bridge...
    Champion Bre-z Manor Jellyroll Wally
    Jellyroll Sherfame Bre-z Boy, AKC Major Pointed
    Mary Margaret Furperson, our first pug

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

bumble is offline Village Hooker

Sounds like you're running a puggy BandB!
    Sheila, owned by Paddy the Wonderpug

Save the planet; it's the only one with red wine, chocolate, and pugs

Milosmom is offline Village Royalty

Diane
    You're doing what has to be the hardest thing although the best for everyone (both you and all furleggers) and no doubt the persons you're entrusting your little fur babes into highly treasure the loving bundles more than you'll ever know.
    Apparently Kelev isn't to disturbed by your decisions however ,.
    Sarah
    ~*Mickey, Milo & Dragos Mom*~
    Always missing *^Remi Pug^ & ^Loli Pom^*

bellasmomma is offline Village Senator

I'm so sorry. When your heart hurts your whole body hurts and it's emotionally draining. It sounds as if you're doing the right thing for all the dogs, it's just coming all at once. Hang in there and give your babies a hug! There's not a lot that Pughugs won't cure. Hugs to you and hoping for a brighter tomorrow.
    Anna - Mom to Bella, our sweet baby girl
    Forever Missing Puma, Bella's first cousin

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

I'm sorry that beautiful Dreamy has gone to a new home but I am sure it is the right decision for all concerned, as with Lefty.

All good wishes to them in their new homes.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Eph91 is offline Village Royalty

Oh, wow, Diane, I had no idea that you were talking to people already about Dreamy!

Do they live close by so you can see him? I'm sorry for you, but I know you are making the best decision for everyone.
    -Eph91 (Lex)
    and pugs:

Emmet

Wallace

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Eph91 View Post
    Oh, wow, Diane, I had no idea that you were talking to people already about Dreamy!

Do they live close by so you can see him? I'm sorry for you, but I know you are making the best decision for everyone.
    You know I was thinking it might happen! The more I looked...the more I realized that I wouldn't be able to show him. I always worried about it. Wish I could keep every dog...but I cannot.

People are starting to call about pups now that the weather is nice......People prefer pups...Usually younger than Dreamy! Before I even considered anyone else....I wanted to talk to his new owners. I just had no idea that they'd want him this fast! With the economy the way it is, money is really tight...and people want pups for nothing! I was very comfortable with this couple making payments as I've known them for almost 10 years!

They live in Rochester! :-)

Lefty will be further away...but Correna is really good with the camera....and she will bring him to me when I want to see him or meet me in the middle!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Tyson&LuLu'sMom is offline Village Senator

What a hard thing to go through. I'm sure it puts your mind at ease a little knowing what great homes they both went to.
    It probably never gets easier though, does it?
    Becky

Mom to
    Tyson 4/4/05
    LuLu 2/17/06
    Mac Gotcha Day 7/30/09

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast