harness idea help
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: harness idea help

Mom2Roxy is offline Village Governor

Default harness idea help

So I am in my deciding process of what i am going to order from Janis for roxy. But I have an idea but I do not really now whicc i should do or if she can do it but tell me what you all think.

On the other side of the harness where her name is I am thinkin g about ptting our information. but should I just put our number, or the address or her microchip number and website for it? becasue I really hate have all these id tags if I can not have them on her all the time that would be great
    Renae

mushusmom is offline Village Admiral

Does she wear her harness all of the time? I would just put your phone number and the words "I have a microchip" or something like that.
    Meredith, Libby & Mushu

yes 90% of the time he has it on. the only time she has it off is if she is gettintg a bath or its just me and her?
    Renae

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

lihuesue is offline Village Senator

There was a huge discussion about this on another site I belong to. This is what came out of that discussion:

1. Most didn't want to put any names on the tag because if someone was trying to steal them, they would have a name they could call and other people wouldn't think anything about it.

2. Don't use any microchip number to even say the furbaby is chipped... Again, if stolen they would not take the furbaby to the vet because they may get caught.

3. Most agreed to put a phone number, Reward or This Pup Is Loved or Help Me Please Get Home.

4. The last line on my tags reads "Emerg. Vet OK To Treat" and that went over well and many want to add it to their tags.

Any honest person that finds a furbaby would call the phone number or take them to the vet to get checked for a chip. It's the dishonest people that seemed to drive that discussion.

So, I have to get all new tags for my furbabies as I have their name and our address too. Most WalMarts have a machine where you can get some nice tags for $4-$5.

Just some food for thought!

lisamak is offline Village Merchant

Regardless of what you put on her harness, she will still need to wear tags as just about every city town in the US has dog license requirements. Mine wear their city tags, rabies tags, and name tags with their name and 2 phone numbers that are 24/7 numbers. All of these tags reside in a 'quiet spot' bag so I don't hear them jingle all day (see here). The Quiet Spot hangs off a cetacea clip-it device (see here). The tags on the cetacea mean that when 1 harness is in the wash its easy enough to put tags on back-up harness.

Just a reminder on that aspect. if you don't intend for her to wear tags, a phone number at least is essential. With a small dog like a pug if someone wants to take the dog they're going to pick it up (for good or evil purposes), its not like you're dealing with a big dog that you'd have to grab a collar or whatnot so her name on/off doesn't seem to make much difference when it comes to security in this case.

Lisa, Vince, Norman and Doug-Doug - the baking boyz from My Dog Ate It!

Find us on Facebook!

Follow Norman and the gang on Twitter!

ok guys thanks I really wanted her info on there just for 2 reasons
    1) to silence the jingle
    2) its so hard to put new tags on back up harnesses

But you all came up with better ideas!

Thank you
    Renae

Krystal is offline Village Governor

Stalin has two harnesses that he wears. Each one has different tags on it, mostly novelty (microchip tag, AKC tag, one has his license on it the other his rabies, etc)

Because he changes harnesses, and often I take the harness off between trips outside for potty and he does like to try to escape out the door, I got him a collar with a tag. Just one tag, with his initials instead of full name, our phone #, and "reward". His collar is on from morning until night, but he sleeps totally naked at bedtime.

It also gives me peace of mind that there's something on him if he slips out of his harness, which he did recently (luckily he came when called).
    http://i.imgur.com/SqiL4bLs.jpg
    SN PTE U-AGII Stalin von Frederic NJP, NAP, CL2, TG1
    UKC Agility High-In-Trial, UKC Nosework High-In-Trial, CGC

+ Reply to Thread