Are your pugs "needy"? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are your pugs "needy"?

Terminallove is offline Village Mayor

I thought it was just because I spoiled him...but Bauseer..wooowwee. He has to have human contact while hes sleeping. If hes chewing a toy he will push the toy into your body while hes chewing it. If you're having a conversation with someone and you're standing up..he demands to be picked up so hes not being ignored on the floor. Needy is right! But I love every second of it.

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

Not only do my 3 pugs sleep in bed with my husband and I but they want to sleep on a pillow and cuddle up and Maggie will only sleep on he feather pillow or she will sit there and paw at you and cry till you set the pillow up perfect for her.

pugsnbugg is offline Village Witch

All of mine love to be around us and are not happy when we leave. The really needy one here is my DH's BT. He came to live with us at age 10 after his previous owners (an elderly couple) passed away. If DH has to leave without Boots he just sits in the bedroom staring out the window or at the wall. It is such a sad sight.
    Sally... Mom to Huron, Badger, Raven, Willow, Angel, Erie, Zeb, Loki, Precious & Nana to Gauge (the Pug in Beagle fur)

Always in My Heart:
    Huron, Badger
    Mr. Boots & Bugsy
    Kitties, Purrsia and Karma

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Not all. I would scarcely describe Ceylon as needy. Or, Taco the Dim, who requires very little to entertain him. Upon reflection, Taco the Dim is content with a coloring book and a box of Crayolas.
    Last edited by tall grass pugs; 08-08-2009 at 12:30 PM.

SallyAndTilly is offline Village Model's Mom & Photo Nut

My daughters said the same thing about Tilly. Needy? Naw, she just loves people. LOL

Ruebeau is offline Village Admiral

I don't think Baxter is needy....she just wants to be "with" you all the time. I can see how it might drive some people crazy. I love it though. I don't know if she would be like this normally. Because I have only worked twice in the last year I have been with her basically 24/7 since we got her in October 08.

Not Afraid is offline Village Admiral

Some dogs were breed to catch rodents, some were breed to fetch birds killed during the hunt, some were breed to herd sheep, Pugs were breed to be lap dogs. They have really no other "purpose" than to be the best companion ever. Calling that characteristic "needy" may be true but I prefer to call it "extremely cuddly and loving".
    "If I were a pediatrician and a mother told me, "it's just too hard making healthy food everyday for my kid, I'm just going to feed Total cereal everyday, it's 100% nutritionally complete," we'd all feel sorry for her kid. I am a vet, and when people tell me "I've found a really good dry food, I think I'...ll feed it everyday for the rest of my pets life," why don't we feel equally sad?" Dr. Karen Becker

everdream is offline Village Royalty

I've had 5 pugs now and I would have to say that Emmy is in fact needy. But I wouldn't change him for the world...well except maybe the screaming he does.
    Sherrie...mommy to
    Mimi & Emeril ("Emmy")

Forever missing Pugsley~Angel, Bubba~Angel (Boston terrier), LuLing~Angel and Nikki~Angel, now playing at Rainbow Bridge.

Support Rescue!

Otto's momma is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by everdream View Post
    ...well except maybe the screaming he does.
    Otto has been doing that alot lately....its a blood curtling....but he only does it when we run errands and leave him in the car. Not sure why he started doing that. Maybe cause his Daddy isnt home....?

ZoeZoesmom is offline Village Royalty

Like Bella said Pugs are companion dogs, while my Newf is velcro, the Pugs require physical human attention, they NEED a lap to lay on, the Newf just wants to be in the room.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

~Maya Angelou

@}-;-Dawn, Momma to Diesel my Pug love and Sicily the tiny Chihuahua ...my loves
    Missing my big boy...^Tuxedo^, Mommy's Landseer and my heart ^Zoe ^my first Pug❤️
    Gizmo my purr-baby, ^Dega^ , my furry angel watching over me from The Rainbow Bridge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast