Too soon to adopt another?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too soon to adopt another??

Fla. Pugs is offline Village Royalty

I'm sorry but what you have told us in your recent post, I really think you should wait awhile. It's your choice, however, two pugs at this time might be a bit much. Best of luck!
    Linda~ Bugsy Pug, Millie and Captain Jack our Schnauzers.

Miyaghi~my pug angel, July 27, 2005
    Bubba our sweet pug boy, May 18, 2008
    Luke, May 8, 2012

BeachyKeen is offline Village Pet Party Planner

Quote Originally Posted by Fla.Pugs View Post
    I'm sorry but what you have told us in your recent post, I really think you should wait awhile. It's your choice, however, two pugs at this time might be a bit much. Best of luck!
    I agree. She is adorable but is this the right time for you?
    Patricia
    PV Moderator
    Mom to Phineas and the Fabulous Felines

And always remembering and missing Phoebe, my heart girl

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..." ~ Edith Wharton

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Well, tell you what. Go for it. Black girl pugs are overloaded with personality, and she might decide to be your husband's best friend. If you feel in your heart that you would be happy doing this, grab that phone and dial.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I, too, think it best to wait for the issues that you've written about to either go away totally...or are almost gone!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Milissa is offline Village Governor

OK I havent been on in a while and so I had to do a search, I sadly have to agree, I think if you are already having problems with you Husband not treating one pug with issues nice, I dont think another resuce will help the situation, and I know your heart is in the right place but why dont you just take some time and relax getting your family more comfortable with one first? I mean if you do resuce foster then there will be other dogs around for him to play with! I just thing this little girl had probably already been through alot if she is in the resuce, Dosent she deserve the best FOREVER home ever? Sorry if this comes across harsh I just dident read the other posts till now
    MOM TO MY LITTLE PRINCE DOYLE

http://photobucket.com/Doyle

Karl Ellzey is offline Dad to a lot of pugs!

Yes, while the excitement of having another pug in the family is thrilling, in reading the contents of your other post, I HIGHLY recommend waiting until you resolve your issues with your current pug and your husband. You have a lot on your plate.

https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/t95690/

Sometimes rescues can be a lot of work, as their past is unknown.

You have to do what's right for both the pug AND your family, and it looks like you have a lot to handle right now.

I'd wait.
    Karl Ellzey

Dad to Zeus, Titan, Hera, Apollo, and Luna

^Olympia^, ^Cleo^ , and ^Euro^ at the Rainbow Bridge

This is going to be a bit long...

With all the issues with Bailey, hubby and having three small kids... I would have to agree with those saying it's just not fair to adopt a second pug. Not fair to you and your family and a 100x's more for the pug in rescue and Bailey.

Adding a second dog means more responsibility. Double the feeding, walks, medical care and training. Just because you have two dogs doesn't mean they will not be as demanding. It's the opposite. Now you have two fuzzbutts crawling all over you for attention. I am sure people here with two or more pups will tell you... it's a lot more fun, but tons more work.

At the shelter I volunteer at, we get lots of people looking for a playmate for their dog at home. Most of them get turned away during the adoption process because they have this misconception that if they get a second dog, things will be easier. (Edit: they figured out they didn't want a second dog, they wanted a dog for their dog. Go figure )

( Rescue/volunteer part of me is asking... )
    If you are having problems with bailey, maybe you should talk to the rescue about it? They probably will suggest you return Bailey and give this girl a chance. Never know... maybe she will fit in and mesh better with your family and Bailey will have a chance to find a perfect fit with another family?
    ( Edit: I don't want to sound harsh, I really don't. I am sorry if this offends anyone. It's something I really do believe in )
    Last edited by PuggiePie; 09-14-2009 at 08:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12