Will wrinkles on PUGs become more pronounced with age? Mine is only 8 weeks old (pic) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Will wrinkles on PUGs become more pronounced with age? Mine is only 8 weeks old (pic)

PhoebesMommy is offline Village VP

I love my munchkins wrinkles on her head...she has a little bit of a longer snout than some pugs which her mom did as well but I hope she keeps the wrinkles she has its what makes a pug a pug...in my opinion...the more wrinkles the better.
    Becky...Owned by one spoiled Puglet....Phoebe!!

Phoenix meet up: www.meetup.com/phoenixpug

tmself is offline Village VP

as much as you would like to try breeding wrinkles out of pugs you probably wont be able to without mix breeding the dog. if you want less wrinkles you may want to try a different breed. Wrinkle, snud nose, head tilt, snoring and snorting is what makes a pug a pug not a beagle or lab. think long and hard before buy or getting a pug. b/c if something superficial bothers you or your girlfriend you may want to research pugs some more b/c they have alot of quirks that most pug owners love but may be trying and unsettling to you.
    Traci- mommy to Rudy and Karli
    Honestly, i dont know what made me fall in love with pugs initially, but it's everything about pugs that has made me stay in love with them. Karlihttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/1055064
    Rudyhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/1055067
    all pug pictures: photobucket.com/tracipugmom
    Facebook.com/traci.self
    blog: tmaself.blogspot.com

jstpugginalong is offline Village Admiral

Pug's without wrinkles would be like chips without dip!! LOL, no seriously, I LOVE my Rosie's wrinkles and wouldn't want her any other way! I hope you can love your adorable puppy, wrinkles and all, the way we all adore our sweet Pugs!
    Teri
    Mom To
    RosieBearTrooperSadieHoss
    Fabulous Felines Quinn & Mia
    &
    My Beautiful Quarter Horses & Paints

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Poncho's Mom is offline Village Mayor

When I first met Poncho he was only 8 weeks old and I was worried he wouldn't have a lot of wrinkles, as his forehead was quite smooth. The breeder told me not too worry - he would develop more as he got older. Sure enough, he has a excess amount of beautiful wrinkles :)
    Christina, Mom to Poncho

mozzymoo is offline Village Mayor

Wrinkles make the Pug, IMO!
    Your pup is a cutie!!

Shannon
    Mom to Molly & Penny Lane

Puglet77 is offline New to the Village

Relax. I didn't get the impression she was even remotely asking about pug wrinkles for the sake of altering them with cosmetic surgery! I have a pug pup myself and was also wondering if she will get more wrinkles as she ages and it was simply that! A curiousity. This should be a place where people can feel comfortable expressing their curiosities about their beloved pet without being attacked by an extremist out to undermine, condemn and abuse those of us who are new to the pug world and seeking a place to learn about our pugs and how to properly care for them. I'll be sure to carefully add all necessary disclaimers when I ask a question. Sheesh.

bnwebm is offline Village VP

You do realize your girlfriend too, will someday develop wrinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgsocute View Post
    From the many litters of PUGs i've seen, baby pugs tend to have less wrinkles than their adult forms. Personally, I prefer them w/o wrinkles, but my girlfriend believes they will eventually have them regardless. Will they occur across the dog's back as well? I've seen some images of dogs where the wrinkles are simply too much on the eyes and are there methods of avoiding it?

You can view and vote for my brand new puppy pug here!

CountryPug and CSollers like this.

akankshabahuguna is offline New to the Village

even i agree,,,my 7 weeks pup also has vey little wrinkles...have not seen his parents...but i hope he gets a little more wrinkles...

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Unfortunately.....even in pugs winning in shows.....there are less wrinkles!!!

Wrinkles do depend on the breeding!!! My Shane was HEAVILY wrinkled...but they didn't come in til 17 months old.....My guys of my breeding get wrinkles young...as do Ben's line...with Stormy..etc.....

This is a Ben baby at 6 weeks old...She'll eventually get wrinkles....don't know if there will be as many as Ben has... She does have the devil in her eyes that Ben has!

This is a boy that I co own...He's 5 months old....He's from a different line completely. Nice wrinkles on both sides.....He's 5 months old...Just starting to get them

They also lose their wrinkles as they get older.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

evfc is offline Village Governor

Buddy didn't really have any wrinkles when we first got him. He is now 5 months old and he is starting to get wrinkles on his head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast