NO better therapy then a PUG
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NO better therapy then a PUG

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

Default NO better therapy then a PUG

I had a bad day..today..lol
    I got up and coffee pot overflowed
    I stubbed my toe on the door jam
    and then of all things.I stepped in dog **** outside..when the dogs were out for a run.

I just felt out of sorts....

well Max thinks that is NOW allowed
    talk about the funny antics today...
    he was always in my face
    trying to get me to play, trying to get me to laugh
    running in pugtona..when all else failed..

He said he is trying out therapy first...at HOME..lol. I hope to get him certified soon for a therapy dog. He has done some practice therapy already outside of the home here.........but today confirmed my thoughts about him as a therapy dog.

no better therapy then a PUG..

LuLu_Cooking_Monstor is offline Village Governor

Good for you Pat and Max! Definitely he will bring joy to many people...is there a particular group youre wanting to do therapy with? If he is lively and playful maybe sick children might enjoy his presence and get a good laugh to forget they are in the hospital.

I'm doing the same with LuLu, training her to become a therapy dog so we can go to senior homes and hospice. She is so gentle and loving towards elderly...think her old owner might've been an old lady because she lights up when she sees elderly...and shes good with small children and infants, maybe the grandchildre of her owner. It just seemed natural to put her into a senior setting. She seems about ready to test for her certification so probably going to try after the holidays are done.
    Jade

.......Jezebel...............Gweeb...............T roibos................LuLu.........

......3 yrs old .............4 yrs old ............2yrs old ............9 yrs old ......

LuLu Cooking RoMonstor
    Rescued July 1st 2009 Loved Until Death May 20th 2010

RIP our heart, our little monkey girl.

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

that is a great question.
    not sure..
    I took him to a guy that was paralized for a try to see how he would do...he did great. he has done some therapy with my girlfriends husband...to be just there to talk too. he was great at that too. he went to the seniors for one day and did good at that too..
    so ..lol long and short of it all.......not sure where he will end up

I am putting him through the St. john's ambulance program up here in Ontario. I talked to someone there and went he is done, he will have to stay in the county that he is certified and I think they pick the place for Max to go.

I think he would make a great dog for someone that is having a problem reading.. the way that he cocks his head and just listens is cool.

with the man that is paralyzed sp?? we were to be 15 minutes for the test run and ended up 3 hours..lol. he told Max everything possible. He is a friend of mine...even the live in nurse had no idea about Mike as much as Max did..so it was cool

By the WAY..the rest of the dogs were thinking SUCK it up MOM ..we all have bad days.. but Max he really stood out today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LuLu_Cooking_Monstor is offline Village Governor

Oooh give Max a big hug for me! Sounds like he is doing wonderful things for these people.

Yeah reading is a great one for dogs to do. I used to tutor kids who english is their second language and a lot of them are scared to read outloud to people so dogs are a good first step. Then kept adding friends dogs and slowly people until they feel they can talk in front of their class.
    Jade

.......Jezebel...............Gweeb...............T roibos................LuLu.........

......3 yrs old .............4 yrs old ............2yrs old ............9 yrs old ......

LuLu Cooking RoMonstor
    Rescued July 1st 2009 Loved Until Death May 20th 2010

RIP our heart, our little monkey girl.

Harley&RoxysMommy is offline Village VP

THERAPIST Pug Mousepad - CafePress

Here's something I found for you!
    Rachel momma to Six Furkids!
    Harley and Roxy the Pugs
    Bridgette and Teddy the Yorkies
    Lizzie the Cocker Spaniel
    Bandit the Papillon Mix

+ Reply to Thread