Kobe went on a binge last night - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Kobe went on a binge last night

  1. #11
    Krystal's Avatar
    Krystal is offline Village Governor
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Stalin loooooves alcohol. We let him lick the top of the bottle after we have a drink if it's beer or a hard mike's. He's had a lick of wine and even champagne on new years. He's never actually had a full slurp, tho!
    http://i.imgur.com/SqiL4bLs.jpg
    SN PTE U-AGII Stalin von Frederic NJP, NAP, CL2, TG1
    UKC Agility High-In-Trial, UKC Nosework High-In-Trial, CGC

  2. #12
    pugmom2003's Avatar
    pugmom2003 is offline Village Governor
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    West Columbia, SC (transplanted Yooper - UP of Mich.)
    Posts
    539

    Default

    I have 2 male pugs. George is 11 years old and tries to get to his daddy's drink: canadian club & juice.
    Rocky who is 10 goes crazy over my son's beer.

    George runs from the beer is offered to him and Rocky is not interested in the mixed drink!

    As an overprotective mom (and the official party pooper ) I yell at both guys to quit sharing with my furkids!
    Pat & her pug boys: Rocky, George and Beau
    and waiting at the Rainbow Bridge: Lucky

  3. #13
    HoneysHumans's Avatar
    HoneysHumans is offline Village Merchant
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Two Christmases ago, we hosted a family dinner at our house (26 adults) and Paco got into someone's drink (or drinks?)

    It was *NOT* a pretty sight. He couldn't walk. He couldn't even sit straight. We took him to the emergency vet and they gave him charcoal and we waited for it to aborb the alcohol. He threw up in my car on the way home, and then on the (white) carpet in our living room (that was not a pretty sight either, let me tell you ... charcoal on a white carpet!!)

    Needless to say, we watch him very closely around drinks now (he did not learn his lesson - the day after his little binge he tried to drink my rum and eggnog )

    Honey on the other hand, I don't think has ever tried to imbibe.
    Tracy

    owned by Paco and Honey (the Pugs) and Logan and Bailey (the cats)

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

  5. #14
    6 Beautiful Pugs's Avatar
    6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun City, CA
    Posts
    12,252

    Default

    That story sounds like a naughty teen-ager pinching drinks at the family party....

    At least Kobe didn't stagger or puke. I guess he holds his liquor well. LOL....

    Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

    - Mohandas Gandhi


  6. #15
    Julia&Toby's Avatar
    Julia&Toby is offline Village Governor
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    915

    Default

    chubbs is a drinker, he likes milk, orange juice, dr. pepper, etc. very bad pug! you can't trust him for a second!
    My two fat pugs! Toby rescued April 25, 2008 & Betz rescued November 15, 2009.

  7. #16
    PhoebesMommy's Avatar
    PhoebesMommy is offline Village VP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valley of the Sun, AZ
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Oh Phoebe is quite the little alcoholic. I was at my friends shop (independent automotive shop) and on Friday evenings we usually hang out there and have a few drinks after the shop closes. Well I take Phoebe when I go and the one time my friend decided he thought it would be cool to give her a little taste of beer. I was ready to slap him...Well sure enough now Phoebe will do anything to get her paws on beer. She can be sound asleep on the couch snoring away and she will hear a beer open and she will be alert. She will try her best to get her tongue in your bottle. She will even stand on your shoulders and head to try to get some
    Becky...Owned by one spoiled Puglet....Phoebe!!







    Phoenix meet up: www.meetup.com/phoenixpug

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,389

    Default

    My Misty loves Miller Lite. Occassionally I will give her a can that is almost empty and she plays with it and laps at the can opening- But alcohol is very poisonous to dogs- (as is anything with caffeine)- so I don't give her the cans too often, and she only gets a few drops.

  9. #18
    Three D's's Avatar
    Three D's is offline Village Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Daphne will drink anything in her reach, so I've become pretty good at not leaving any drink, even water, unattended on a table she can reach. Our friend's dog is pickier. My husband had a Killian's Red at their house once and their dog was enjoying licking the top of the bottle. A bit later someone spilled a bud light so he ran over, took a few licks, then went back to my husband, looking for the Killian's!
    Donna
    with Dave, and pugs Daphne and Olive

  10. #19
    PugLady3's Avatar
    PugLady3 is offline Village Royalty
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    I call Bella my little wino. Any time that I have a glass of wine, she is right there & would stick her head in the glass if I let her (which I don't). I will occasionally stick a finger in my glass & let her lick it, though. That usually makes her happy enough that she will go and lay down. The other pugs could care less.
    Brenda, Bella, Duke, Yoda (hospice), Mae (hospice), Zoe (foster) and
    our angels Pugsy, Buster, & Bud waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge

    Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption (NIPRA)

  11. #20
    fionag's Avatar
    fionag is offline Village Puppy
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    County Durham, United Kingdom
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Gus is a wine connoseur - red wine in particular. He will happily lick it off your finger if offered and if he's sat on my lap and I'm having a glass of wine he licks the bottom of the glass as if he can get to it that way! Can't have a glass of wine in peace with him around.

    He's also now discovered the recyling box where we store the empty bottles. I caught him licking the tops of the empty wine bottles today! He's also partial to Baileys so you have to be careful where you put your glass or he'll be in there.

    Ruby is more of a beer monster, given half a chance. Have to watch beer bottles and cans or she's into them. She did once have quite a bit of beer (for a pug) and reacted just like a human - got a bit feisty, then started being all loving towards us, then fell asleep! Needless to say she doesn't get near beer now

    Fiona, Ruby & Gus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts