Large Sherpa Bag and Airplanes - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Large Sherpa Bag and Airplanes

TNPUGMOMOF2 is offline Village Royalty

Used the large Sherpa and it fit fine. It has to scrunch a little, but really the medium does too. Have never had the dog weighed or had the vaccinations check at all. Only wanted the $$$$. I also took out the pug on one flight and after over 2 hrs the attendant told me that they weren't supposed to be out...I nodded my head and said that if anyone complained that I would be more than willing to put her back, but since she hadn't even noticed that the dog was in my lap for over 2 hrs of the flight it didn't appear that anyone else was worried about it either. She just walked off and left me alone for the rest of the flight. Direct flights are best, but if you have a layover ask about potty areas. Most airports have a grassy area in the area where they can take you. I know Dallas offered, but we were about ready to leave anyway.
    Marci - pugmom to Lola, Bella, Hank & BIG brother Odin the English Mastiff.

Thanks all! We'll be purchasing a large Sherpa this week just in case.

So...anyone have any experience specifically with the large Sherpa with Wheels??? I need to know if it also fits and is a good choice or if I should just go with the large Sherpa. I'd love to use the wheels in an airport but not sure if it's a good idea. Thanks!

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Hi, we fly all the time with our furkids and there has only been a hand-full of times (normally more around holidays or really busy travel times) that we've had issues. I have both a medium and large sherpa bag that I use for Tucker, I normally use the large unless its a less than an hour flight or if I know the airline is really strict and Tucker fits just fine. He weighs 18 lbs by the way. If you really look at the Sherpa medium and large bags the biggest difference is the large has that extra side pocket to store stuff but if you subtract that area the medium is basically the same size maybe a 1/2 inch shorter, but I think the biggest deal is that it is supposably able to hold more of a weight if you hold it by the straps. As for the wheeled ones they general give the pet less room and they don't fit under the seat well at all and there is no give in them so I wouldn't recommend it, but I have seen people bring one of those foldable luggage carts and put the carrier on that to wheel them around the airport. Good luck!
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

jwestoverpug is offline Village Royalty

I use a sturdi bag, squishes down easily, but doesn't collapse on top of the dog like sherpa's can. I've never used a carrier with wheels, so I'm no help there!
    Jesse and the pugs
    Rudy "Stop These Feet from Dancin NA OAJ"
    Willy "Bishop's Willy the Kid NA OAJ"
    Kittie "CH MACH CandyLand's Sugar Babie NAP NJP OAP AJP CGC"
    Abby "Pennwood's Rising Star AX AXJ NAP NJP CGC"
    Indy, "Pasun's Trip To The Moon OA NAJ" papillon in training

Thanks all. Large Sherpa with NO wheels it is!

LAK
    LAK is offline Village Puppy

Default sherpa bag

i just flew with a medium sherpa bag and two larger kittens on hawaiian air. the medium sherpa bag just barely fit under the seat so i'm not sure how the large one will fit.

it's best to ask your airline what the dimensions allowed are.

good luck on this.

leslie

http://islandtails.honadvblogs.com

nmerc001 is offline Village Puppy

Just recently purchased a Large Sherpa carrier and hopes it fits underneath the seat. We would love it if our baby pug can fly everywhere we go!

bumble is offline Village Hooker

Pugs prefer small spaces in carriers; I've heard it's more comforting. If you think about it, the more extra space in the carrier the more space to slide around in if there's turbulence. Maybe the middle-size would be better, if it's a comfortable fit. Paddy is 19 lbs., and he did fine and was happy in a not-too-large soft carrier.
    Sheila, owned by Paddy the Wonderpug

Save the planet; it's the only one with red wine, chocolate, and pugs

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

THis is GREAT to know... we will likely be flying with BOTH our boys in the near future!!
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

Beriloffun is offline New to the Village

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I just bought a large Sherpa bag for my little puggy. Sorry for bumping an old thread but it's the most helpful one I've found. I read that a lot of people on here have the large...has anyone used it on southwest before? I'm the anxious type of person, so i am freaking out before I even go to the airport. I've pre-squished the carrier so it measures at about 10.25 inches now.

Any one have any experiences with this? I am flying out of San Jose in a couple of days...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast