How old was your pug(s) before they were fully potty trained? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How old was your pug(s) before they were fully potty trained?

Buddy's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Oscar and Sophie absolutely hate the rain, it stands true they think they will melt. Buddy doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Snow is much better!! Sophie will stand there if it's raining with her tail down and won't move an inch but in the snow she is zooming all over the backyard, eating it, catching it and rolling around in it. She does her business much better in the snow. All of mine are rescues and although they needed a refresher course, they were all 100% at a year old. Oscar marks in the house sometimes but that's not a potty training issue, it' a marking issue. He wears belly bands for that. I'd say at a year old you should be good.
    Jennifer

Owned by: Buddy 11-22-03 - 4-17-14 RIP My Buddy, Oscar 1-18-09, & Sophie 4-08-10 - 10-08-15 RIP Sweet Sophie, Elmer Chihuahua 10-6-12, & Otto Chihuahua 11-28-14, 2 Fabulous Kitties, Wife to Chris and Mom to Ryan!

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." Alice Walker

"Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" ~Anne Tyler

gimpydimp is offline Village VP

We have 2 pugs we got as puppies and each was trained by 6 months. There is always the occasional accident if they are sick or you are away longer than you meant to be, but they finally got trained. Pugs take longer than other puppies in our experience.
    Cindy
    Our Grumble: Tucker, Otis 2.0 and Toby (I had peanuts)

TNPUGMOMOF2 is offline Village Royalty

That is a BS generalization. I have had 25+ fosters and have never had one that I couldn't potty break. It takes time, effort and patience but it can happen. The person who told you that is LAZY!
    Marci - pugmom to Lola, Bella, Hank & BIG brother Odin the English Mastiff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Quote Originally Posted by TNPUGMOMOF2 View Post
    That is a BS generalization. I have had 25+ fosters and have never had one that I couldn't potty break. It takes time, effort and patience but it can happen. The person who told you that is LAZY!
    What's your addy? I'm sending Bugsy to you today!!!

Take care,
    Lisa
    Buddy's Mom likes this.
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Melody is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by TNPUGMOMOF2 View Post
    This is good to know. The woman who told me this is the receptionist at my vet's office. She says one of the other vets in the office has three male pugs.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

I have two entire males. Both were fully trained by the age of 1, possibly a tad earlier but I didn't really trust them until 1 year. Now they will only pee inside someone else's house if another dog has already done so. Even then I can often stop them by watching and scolding if they approach the danger zone.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Over the age of eleven.
    pugsnbugg likes this.

pugsnbugg is offline Village Witch

We are trained to let them out every 2 or 3 hours whether they want to go or not.
    Sally... Mom to Huron, Badger, Raven, Willow, Angel, Erie, Zeb, Loki, Precious & Nana to Gauge (the Pug in Beagle fur)

Always in My Heart:
    Huron, Badger
    Mr. Boots & Bugsy
    Kitties, Purrsia and Karma

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Don't be discouraged, if you are consistent, patient, and understanding you will have a housetrained pug in know time. Zoey did take longer than the average dog, she was a year, but now she is 6 and hasn't peed or pood in the house in 5 years. Eddie on the other hand is a stressed out marker so he wears a belly band when we are out. We rescued him over a year ago and I have never SEEN him pee in the house, only when we are out. Best of luck, and don't worry, you can do it.
    Pug Mom to Chester
    Zoey, Eddie and Roxie have moved on to the bridge

LosLobos is offline Village Puppy

Bentley is trained after about 10 months, however he still has an occasional accident in the house. I have trained him to ring the bell at the door, unfortunately if you are in another room, you can't hear it. I am currently trying to get him to bark when he has to go. We used the crate training method which worked very well. My wife and I needed the training more than Bentley. It takes discipline from the owners to be sure. You can't let them out of your sight while training. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast