Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Snifter
  • 1 Post By AbbyGus
  • 1 Post By mary ann

Thread: Puppy or Adult?

shay is offline New to the Village

Default Puppy or Adult?

Hi All,
    So..I have decided to buy a pug.. ! Finally !! Which pug should I buy? Puppy? Or adult?
    Also Guys it would be great if you could tell me some key points I should watch out for to get the perfect cuddly pug for myself?

All the help is highly appreciated !!!

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Please tell us more about yourself and your domestic circumstances.
    Tinker's mom likes this.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

AbbyGus is offline Village Mayor

Hello again Shay and welcome to the village

You were given a lot of really great advice on your previous thread and some posters really took a lot of time to post for you:

https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/ques...need-help.html

You should go an check that out. Did you have more specific questions?
    The Chicken Lady to Gussie Handsome ~ Bentley Pee Pug ~ Princess Gracie May ~ Skinny Sam

Abby Sweets, never forgotten

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shay is offline New to the Village

@Snifter: I recently graduated.... I got a job in Dallas TX, I;ll most probably be living in an apt after I move there.. Mostly alone (Might get a room mate.. though not thought of that)

AbbyGus is offline Village Mayor

When we adopted Gracie from a kill shelter about a year a go, the first thing we did was pay for a surgery to remove cacified cysts from her mammary glands. The price tag was around 800.00. She'd had mastitis that her previous owner never took care of. This could have happened with any breed..

The bottom line is, if you are going to adopt any dog you need to be secure in your life and living arangements and financially able to take care of some hefty vet bills. I think people on this board have been a little sketchy with you because you come off like you want to buy a cute puppy and perhaps don''t realize the responsibilty that gooes with it. If your living arrangements are the slightest bit up in the air, please think about waiting until they are more secure. There are so many dogs in this world who are facing death because people did not think their decisions through well enough. Are you willing and able to make a 15 year + commitment to a little life that wlll depend on you for everything, including possibly very expensive vet care?

If the answer to that is yes, please google pug rescues in Dallas and give a home to a pug in need, where you will know what you are getting into instead of spending the money on a puppy whose health is a wild card and will be a TON more work to train into a puggie who is pleasant to live with.
    Last edited by AbbyGus; 08-11-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    MerkySky likes this.
    The Chicken Lady to Gussie Handsome ~ Bentley Pee Pug ~ Princess Gracie May ~ Skinny Sam

Abby Sweets, never forgotten

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup

mary ann is offline Village Puppy

definitely have to be prepared for vet bills. and for training, repetition repetition repetition. don't give up! they are so cute you want to forgive them everything, but you have to be firm. keep lots of chew toys for a puppy, that way they wont chew so much of your stuff. and if a puppy, don't worry, the biting will go away. took my pug almost a year to be trustingly housebroken. I used a bunch of bells on the door. I made her ring the bell with her paw every time on the way out. which was every 2 hours in the beginning. read up, most of what you read about pugs is spot on.
    MerkySky likes this.

+ Reply to Thread