I need help!! Pure or Not?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I need help!! Pure or Not?

PaigeJackson is offline New to the Village

Default I need help!! Pure or Not?

I'm going to view this pug and I'm unsure if she's pure or not? Thank you!

freak is offline Village Royalty

looks like a pug to me

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

From what I can see, she looks to be all pug.
    Christine Honorary Pug Parent. Wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP and Maverick the soon to be huge black Labrador. Mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby, and entertained by a couple of fishies.
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17 and Lucy Loo - 10/13/2005 - 12/27/2020.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Hi!

What makes you suspicious about whether or not she is a full pedigree pug?

There have certainly been some very extraordinary looking puppies on the pets4homes website, usually described as being either white or chinchilla - neither of which are colours recognised by the kennel clubs breed standard for pugs. They are also charging sky high prices for these puppies too!

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Looks pure pug to me too, are there papers? If getting a pure bred pug is that important to you, get yourself to a registered breeder who shows their pugs.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nina_W View Post
    Looks pure pug to me too, are there papers? If getting a pure bred pug is that important to you, get yourself to a registered breeder who shows their pugs.
    Hi Nina

There's been a recent large scale scam in the UK - four people prosecuted for supplying puppies (many of which became sick and died within weeks of purchase) that had fake pedigrees and papers. They refused to reveal the Eastern European sources where they were getting the puppies from, but it's been known that puppies are being illegally imported into the uk from there for ages. Maybe this is also something to do with Paige's suspicion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-animals.html

I agree though, that buying from a registered Kennel Club Breeder is probably the safer option
    Last edited by LilyFayre; 08-13-2015 at 06:03 PM.

I bought a pug roughly 10 month back and had a huge carry on when I found out I paid 1000 fior a puppy that turned out to be crossed, the breeders were very good about hiding it and of course nothing could be done. I loved the puppy regardless but was so disappointing I had been lied to, so after deciding to get her a friend I looked into getting another. Thank you for helping me out anf this time around the parents are registered so hopefully this will help!

And yes there is a lot of puppy scamming over here its awful :(

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Looks like a teeny adorable baby Pug to me!!!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Quote Originally Posted by PaigeJackson View Post
    I bought a pug roughly 10 month back and had a huge carry on when I found out I paid 1000 fior a puppy that turned out to be crossed, the breeders were very good about hiding it and of course nothing could be done. I loved the puppy regardless but was so disappointing I had been lied to, so after deciding to get her a friend I looked into getting another. Thank you for helping me out anf this time around the parents are registered so hopefully this will help!

And yes there is a lot of puppy scamming over here its awful :(
    That is terrible that you were conned like that, but at least you have a lovely puppy. I was on a waiting list for a puppy from one of these new accredited Kennel Club breeders for six months, but then she couldn't decide which of two puppies she wanted to run on for show so there wasn't an available puppy and her other bitch just didn't come into season. In the meantime I'd been scanning adverts on a daily basis to the extent that I was now able to recognise what a typical puppy from certain bloodlines looked like and decided I liked the look of the ones bred on Eastonite bloodlines. So when an advert came up that had photos of the puppies suckling with their mum and various stages of growth playing in their home and garden that looked very 'Eastonite' from a local pet owner who'd had a litter I got my puppy there. The owner had no idea of the pedigree behind Xanthe, she'd just mated her bitch with her brothers dog. But the brothers dog was mainly Eastonite and the mother a generation back is from a long line of Russian champion show dogs.

The result was I've got a puppy of very good, sound confirmation. No breathing problems - she doesn't even snore and the typical lovely pug temperament whom I absolutely adore and love to bits! Sadly, what I also got is what is believed to be an inherited genetic fault where her immune system can't deal with demodex mites and we've had all the problems of months of dealing with demodectic mange, which now due to my discovery of a research paper concluding that Bravecto completely elimates the mites, appears to be sorted and she's finally growing fur back on her head and legs - HURRAH!!! So even with all the care I took to ensure the puppy was home bred, reared indoors and of good pedigree it still wasn't plain sailing.

So I viewed her today and took a photos to get your guys opinion?
    Is she pure or crossed? thank you! :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast