is there anyone here who works with NIPRA ?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is there anyone here who works with NIPRA ?

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

Default is there anyone here who works with NIPRA ?

a friend contacted me about someone she knows in Illinois who has 24 pugs and may have to "weed some of them out", due to the county possibly coming down on her. I gave my friend the website of NIPRA and told her also to ask her friend to join here and post a message, but the friend doesn't have internet. It's an older couple and the woman is disabled and the man is unemployed and they have fallen on hard times. I might have some more information tomorrow, but I don't know it this is even going to amount to anything, as my friend tells me the people don't REALLY want to get rid of them, but we worry that if the county takes them they could end up put to sleep. I wonder what I should do next, should I try to get some of them and then bring them to rescue?

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

wow 28 views and no replies?
    I told her that pug village people usually try to help in situations like this
    I don't even know if it will come to that, but I'm surprised and disappointed that no one replied

the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I read this.....cannot imagine anyone having 24 pugs that run a house!!!! If they're in cages...they need to go to homes!

You asked about NIPRA......maybe that's why no one answered?? You can go to Pug Dog Club of America's site and get addresses for the rescue in the area also.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

thanks Diane, I know 24 pugs and they can't be taking care of them properly....pugs are high maintenance, and I wonder how neglected they are. My friend says they love them, and she went to get 2 out of there and was greeted by pug smiles, tongues, and kisses, she said it looked like a greeting card, so they aren't in cages, I guess they have run of the place. I don't know how big it is. I heard they are paper trained. I guess the people have a hard time getting them all out, etc.

bnwebm is offline Village VP

I wish I knew someone there, but I don't. Can you contact rescues in the surrounding areas perhaps? One rescue may not be able to take all of them, if they actually send them all off to rescue.

crazypugmom is offline Village Admiral

I will send you a message for a contact at nipra. I don't think many of the nipra people post on here much any more
    Leslye, Chyna, Tinker, Ruffy and husband Tim &
    our angels Pugsly and Taz waiting for us in heaven

Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption

www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

http://www.dogster.com/family/766626

Thank you, I'll pass the info onto them....still not sure of the situation

+ Reply to Thread